CTH - bars being fined for streaming EPL

Chiengmaijoe

I watch the Vietnamese K+1 EPL games every week in the comfort of my own home, and that's not illegal, so i don't give a stuff what happens in bars. Fridge full of beer, Gin,Vodka, Brandy in the cabinet....who needs bars ?

Who needs EPL ?tongue.png

Well, maybe the bars wont have to worry about it anymore. As of this morning, all my premium channels on CTH are coming up with a "no signal" or "not broadcasting" message. The normal terrestrial stuff (channel 3, 7 etc.) are still working.

All working in my home. Maybe you should check again?

Thanks. Just checked again (10:38) and still no premium services. Tried Stadium 1-6, Nat Geo and Sky News. Called the daughter and her premium channels aren't working either. We are both in the Khon Kaen area.

I also noticed that when I turn the box off, the time display says 03:38 rather than 10:38.

There is a whole thread on the history of why this is happening

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/885184-gmm-z-pay-tv-package-termination-service-ending-message/

but I will repost the explanation here (post#298)

"This was expected and announced by scrolling messages (Thai only!) along the bottom of the screen on many channels. CTH have stopped broadcasting the pay channels on the C Band as from midnight April 1st.

They can now only be received if you get a KU band dish, a different construction, which receives broadcasts from a different satellite and must be pointed in a different direction.

Tough luck on people like me who live in a condo building which does not have this dish and is unlikely to install one."

I originally received CTH through a KU band set-up and switched to C Band when I moved over to GMM-Z. Just went up on the roof and switched the cable over to the old dish but I get absolutely nothing when I do that, not even the regular channels.

Looks like a job for the professionals.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/885184-gmm-z-pay-tv-package-termination-service-ending-message/

"This was expected and announced by scrolling messages (Thai only!) along the bottom of the screen on many channels. CTH have stopped broadcasting the pay channels on the C Band as from midnight April 1st.

They can now only be received if you get a KU band dish, a different construction, which receives broadcasts from a different satellite and must be pointed in a different direction.

Tough luck on people like me who live in a condo building which does not have this dish and is unlikely to install one."

I originally received CTH through a KU band set-up and switched to C Band when I moved over to GMM-Z. Just went up on the roof and switched the cable over to the old dish but I get absolutely nothing when I do that, not even the regular channels.

The GMM-Z Ku band satellite is different from the one broadcasting the CTH Ku signal-your dish must be re-aligned to point to the CTH one!

I'm sick of wall to wall premier league so good riddance. If I knew I could eliminate it from bars by touting on the owners I would be sorely tempted. Or conversely can we pay tea money to the cops to root out all the dammed TVs in bars.

Well, maybe the bars wont have to worry about it anymore. As of this morning, all my premium channels on CTH are coming up with a "no signal" or "not broadcasting" message. The normal terrestrial stuff (channel 3, 7 etc.) are still working.

Thanks. Just checked again (10:38) and still no premium services. Tried Stadium 1-6, Nat Geo and Sky News. Called the daughter and her premium channels aren't working either. We are both in the Khon Kaen area.

I also noticed that when I turn the box off, the time display says 03:38 rather than 10:38.

You will need to do a rescan of your channels. Did this for another Expat recently when changing a cable from a C to a KU band and all the channels then appeared. If the CTH dish is facing the same way as C band dish you should not have to realign your dish as Thaicom sat is used for the new boxes. Edited by Linesy

You will need to do a rescan of your channels. Did this for another Expat recently when changing a cable from a C to a KU band and all the channels then appeared. If the CTH dish is facing the same way as C band dish you should not have to realign your dish as Thaicom sat is used for the new boxes.
Sorry for posting this info twice, (I put it in the other thread as well) but I think it's relevant so I'll go ahead.

This link shows the current CTH pay channel broadcasts: it was updated 30 March 2016 and says CTH is on Vinasat at 131.8°E NOT Thaicom.

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/CTH.html

The only link to CTH on Thaicom 5/6 at 78.5°E that I can find was dated more than a year ago and I don't think it still applies:http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/CTH-C_78E.html

Correct me if I'm wrong-I'm no expert on satellites!

You will need to do a rescan of your channels. Did this for another Expat recently when changing a cable from a C to a KU band and all the channels then appeared. If the CTH dish is facing the same way as C band dish you should not have to realign your dish as Thaicom sat is used for the new boxes.
Sorry for posting this info twice, (I put it in the other thread as well) but I think it's relevant so I'll go ahead.

This link shows the current CTH pay channel broadcasts: it was updated 30 March 2016 and says CTH is on Vinasat at 131.8°E NOT Thaicom.

The only link to CTH on Thaicom 5/6 at 78.5°E that I can find was dated more than a year ago and I don't think it still applies:http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/CTH-C_78E.html

I will correct you, I haven't looked at your links that may or may not be correct or up to date but I can confirm that my box is definitely using Thaicom 5 (Ku) (078.5E) as shown in my box settings and receiving Stadium HD. I have still got my old redundant CTH dish stuck on the other side of the house facing in the other direction. You might need to update your post in the other thread as it may cause unnecessary confusion.

I really should have let it to the professionals.

I decided to switch back to my old dish and do a re-scan of the channels. I got a message saying all current channels would be deleted but thought, no problem, I can always switch back to the C band dish and re-scan again there.

I have now lost all channels on my box, both on the old dish and the current C band one. When I do an autoscan on the C band, it says my signal strength is 79 and quality 53 but doesn't find a single channel.

Linesy - could you confirm what the settings should be for autoscan and also the dish settings? Only thing I can think of is that somehow a parameter has changed that I'm not aware of.

I decided to switch back to my old dish and do a re-scan of the channels. I got a message saying all current channels would be deleted but thought, no problem, I can always switch back to the C band dish and re-scan again there.

I have now lost all channels on my box, both on the old dish and the current C band one. When I do an autoscan on the C band, it says my signal strength is 79 and quality 53 but doesn't find a single channel.

Linesy - could you confirm what the settings should be for autoscan and also the dish settings? Only thing I can think of is that somehow a parameter has changed that I'm not aware of.

Auto Search on my box using KU Band dish shows the following, I don't have a C band so can't help on that.

Satellite: ThaiCom 5(Ku) (078.5E)

Transponder: TP1 12563

Frequency: 12563 MHZ

Symbol: 30000

Polarization: Vertical

CA Type: ALL

CH Type: TV&Radio

Search Type: Search Network

Strength: 73%

Quality: 53%

Then press the Red button to activate the search.

Are both your dishes pointing in roughly the same direction ?

Did you power off your box and reboot when you changed over?

I will correct you, I haven't looked at your links that may or may not be correct or up to date but I can confirm that my box is definitely using Thaicom 5 (Ku) (078.5E) as shown in my box settings and receiving Stadium HD. I have still got my old redundant CTH dish stuck on the other side of the house facing in the other direction. You might need to update your post in the other thread as it may cause unnecessary confusion.

Yes, I am quite wrong about this it seems. I found a recent ad for a Bangkok company installing CTH ready systems, including dish

http://www.bangkoksatellite.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=917&Itemid=205

and it definitely shows the current CTH box and packages and refers to the Thaicom satellite KU band (see attached screen grab). So it really should work pointed in the same direction as the old GMM-Z one.

post-26070-0-26224100-1459591446_thumb.j

Auto Search on my box using KU Band dish shows the following, I don't have a C band so can't help on that.

Satellite: ThaiCom 5(Ku) (078.5E)

Transponder: TP1 12563

Frequency: 12563 MHZ

Symbol: 30000

Polarization: Vertical

CA Type: ALL

CH Type: TV&Radio

Search Type: Search Network

Strength: 73%

Quality: 53%

Then press the Red button to activate the search.

Are both your dishes pointing in roughly the same direction ?

Did you power off your box and reboot when you changed over?

No, my old dish is pointing at Viasat but I got no joy searching there.

I've tried powering off, I've even tried connecting the old boxes (I had two) in the hope that they might pick up something but they both seem to be dedicated to Viasat only.

When I connect back to the C-Band dish, I don't get the red scan button option, it just goes straight into auto scan after the reboot.

If I then go back to autoscan again, there is no press red button to scan option, it just goes into auto scan itself after about 30 secs which is really annoying when I'm trying to write down the settings. Definitely used to have the red button option before. I've tried doing a manual scan also, one transponder at a time but still nothing. I'm getting desperate enough to try the factory re-set option.

Edited by nahkit

I just checked my new CTH box again.

Press Menu on the remote.

Move to Setting and press OK on Auto Search which gave the information I provided.

At the bottom of the screen there is a red dot with the word search. Am I correct that you are not seeing that?

Going back to your dishes you will need to realign or swap over your old CTH dish to point the same way as your other dish. At least we all know that the new CTH box will only work on the Thaicom Sat. Also check the integrity of your reconnection.

Edited by Linesy

And so these bars should be fined for boring me to tears with soccer, if I wanted to watch girls play sports I would watch netball.

Hilarious. I've never heard that before. Did you make that up, all by yourself?

Well done.

Your just lucky I'm not a Soccer player, you hurt my feelings, I would be rolling around on the ground holding my head and my leg and calling for a stretcher.

Move to Setting and press OK on Auto Search which gave the information I provided.

At the bottom of the screen there is a red dot with the word search. Am I correct that you are not seeing that?

Going back to your dishes you will need to realign or swap over your old CTH dish to point the same way as your other dish. At least we all know that the new CTH box will only work on the Thaicom Sat. Also check the integrity of your reconnection.

Yes, you are correct, I'm not seeing the red search button. I think the re-connection is ok because the cable that feeds into the house was centrally wired for several rooms and the old GMM-Z box in the bedroom is still picking up channels. I think I have screwed the CTH box.

Yes, you are correct, I'm not seeing the red search button. I think the re-connection is ok because the cable that feeds into the house was centrally wired for several rooms and the old GMM-Z box in the bedroom is still picking up channels. I think I have screwed the CTH box.
I would try the bedroom box at the location you are trying the CTH box just to confirm that the issue is with the box. But I think you might be missing the possible cause that could be that this box will now not rescan on a C Band dish following the April 1st C Band cut off. If that's the case you will need to sought out your Ku dish. Good Luck.

I would try the bedroom box at the location you are trying the CTH box just to confirm that the issue is with the box. But I think you might be missing the possible cause that could be that this box will now not rescan on a C Band dish following the April 1st C Band cut off. If that's the case you will need to sought out your Ku dish. Good Luck.

Yes, seems you were right about it not re-scanning on C Band. I took the box to my daughters place and it wouldn't scan there either but her box is working ok (minus premium channels of course).

Yesterday I took the box to a shop and had them scan on the Ku band and everything was back, including the premium channels. Waiting for them to come round and install the new dish

Whilst on the subject of broadcasting EPL in Thailand, has anyone seen anything announced (not just a rumour) as to how BeIn Sport will deliver the football here for 2016/17?

i have heard true vision will be showing bein, premier league football, they are revising gold/ platinum subscriptions. Not heard nothing about bein, boing on their own with box/ dish.

Whilst on the subject of broadcasting EPL in Thailand, has anyone seen anything announced (not just a rumour) as to how BeIn Sport will deliver the football here for 2016/17?

i have heard true vision will be showing bein, premier league football, they are revising gold/ platinum subscriptions. Not heard nothing about bein, boing on their own with box/ dish.
Not just a rumour?

The last I heard they said they were "hopeful".

Do you have a source?