Mexican Transsexual Crowned Beauty Queen In Pattaya

Jai Dee

Mexican transsexual crowned beauty queen

549000015599901.JPEG

Erica Andrews of Mexcio (Centre) poses for a photo next to runner-up Ratravee Jiraprapakul (Left) of Thailand and Patricia Montrecarlo of the Philippines (Right) after Andrews was crowned Miss International Queen 2006 in Pattaya resort, late 28 October 2006. The world's biggest transsexual beauty contest kicked off in the Thai beach town of Pattaya, with 24 contenders for a title that Thais take every bit as seriously as a traditional pageant.

PATTAYA, Thailand (AFP) - It could have been a Japanese samurai, an Italian gladiator or an Egyptian pharaoh -- but they were no match for Mexico's Erica Andrews, the world's new transsexual beauty queen.

Andrews was named Miss International Queen 2006 here Sunday, besting 23 of the world's most beautiful transsexuals who had come from as far as Egypt and Australia to vie for the diamante crown.

Her slinky low-cut red gown and resemblance to a 1920s starlet finally carried the day, putting her past runners-up Patricia Montrecarlo of the Philippines and Thailand's Ratravee Jiraprapakul.

"This is the most wonderful feeling," gushed the 38-year-old from atop her throne after receiving 10,000 dollars and the title.

In a nation obsessed with beauty pageants and famous for its sexual tolerance, the seven million baht (189,000 dollar) contest is taken every bit as seriously as any traditional competition.

The night was filled with all the trappings of a conventional beauty pageant, with swimsuit and evening-wear rounds letting the girls show off their long legs, slim bodies and ample chests.

"It's a unique event. No one does it in the world except us," said chairwoman Alisa Phanthusak. "It gets bigger and bigger each year."

The evening began with rousing renditions of "Queen of the Night" and "New York, New York" by last year's winner, Mimi Marx of the United States, resplendent in a red, white and blue sequined headdress.

Andrews was outshone in the national costume round, competing with a sexy pharaoh, samurai and gladiator before top prize in the category was given to "Miss Maria" in a traditional Korean hanbok.

The crowd, comprised of mostly Thais and the odd bemused tourist, went wild for local hero Ratravee as well as statuesque Domanique Shappelle of the United States, and some seemed disappointed when Andrews snagged the crown.

"When we have a beauty contest in Thailand, we take it seriously," said Dr. Seree Wongmontha, a well-known talk-show host and one of this year's judges.

Tiffany's Show Pattaya, which organizes the event and claims to be the world's largest transsexual cabaret, said more than 25 million television viewers in Thailand, out of a population of 65 million people, were expected to watch.

"Beauty contests are really popular here because beauty matters. Surface impressions count for much more than they do in the West," said Philip Cornwel-Smith, author of "Very Thai: Everyday Popular Culture."

He also said that as Buddhists, Thais were accepting because of their belief that transsexuals were adulterers in their past lives, and that everyone has been or will be an adulterer in another life.

"It is accepted in a very deep way," he said.

"Miss International Queen is not only a great event but a unique opportunity to create awareness for the transgender population," said Sutham Phanthusak, managing director of Tiffany's Show Pattaya.

The newly-crowned Andrews praised the tolerance that Thais have for transsexuals, which she said is not seen in her home country and other places in the West.

"I feel like I am at home. I feel so welcome here," she said. "It can't get any better than this."

Source: The Manager - 30 October 2006

W020061029486802543661.jpg

Mexico's Erica Andrews (right) reacts after winning the Miss International Queen 2006 in the Thai resort city of Pattaya, about 150 km (93 miles) southeast of Bangkok October 28, 2006.

Transvestites and transgender males from all around the world participated in the third running of the event.

Source: Reuters - 30 October 2006

Boy becomes queen

0,,5288484,00.jpg

MEXICO'S Erica Andrews was crowned Miss International Queen 2006 yesterday after defeating 23 other contestants in the world's biggest transsexual beauty pageant.

"This is the most wonderful feeling," she said, sitting on her throne after receiving $US10,000 and the title at Thailand's beach resort of Pattaya.

The runners-up were Patricia Montrecarlo of the Philippines and Thailand's Ratravee Jiraprapakul.

"It's a unique event. No one does it in the world except us," chairwoman Alisa Phanthusak said.

"It gets bigger and bigger each year."

In a nation obsessed with beauty pageants and famous for its sexual tolerance, Miss International Queen is taken every bit as seriously as any traditional competition.

The night was filled with all the trappings of a conventional beauty pageant, with rounds that saw the girls kitted out in national costumes, gowns and bathing suits.

More than 25 million Thai viewers are believed to have watched it on TV.

Source: Agence France-Presse - 30 October 2006

[More than 25 million Thai viewers are believed to have watched it on TV.

Source: Agence France-Presse - 30 October 2006

AFP do great job ... Can you please post the AFP communicate about the HUGE increase of jobless in SEA (and especially in Thailand amongst people btw 20/25 y old (was this saturday), or the one about the recent killings in the South ?

Because this one is a bit useless, apart for the Kathoey mongers (that I am I confess but it's OT).

On theother hand, I do remenber gender disorder is a disease, reconised by the world organisations and by so people having a gender disorder should not be subject of jokes!!!!

Feisimas? :o

Arriba, abajo, al centro, pro dentro !

eez Spanish joke no ? :D

Actually this is normally said when downing a Tequila or seven. Or Pisco when in Peru.

It means, At the top, at the bottom, in the middle and down the hatch.

Any sexual innuendo is totally intentional ! :D

Muchas preciosas !

Edited by Hermano Lobo

Ha Ha Ha, Quote of the day: On the other hand, I do remenber gender disorder is a disease.

Yeah just give them some aspirin and they will be OK and turn back to being a man.

I suppose you also believe the story that is told by the governement about 9-11.

And you watch CNN and Fox news.

Before you make such statement do some research please.

Alex

Ha Ha Ha, Quote of the day: On the other hand, I do remenber gender disorder is a disease.

Yeah just give them some aspirin and they will be OK and turn back to being a man.

I suppose you also believe the story that is told by the governement about 9-11.

And you watch CNN and Fox news.

Before you make such statement do some research please.

Alex

May I take your post as quote of the year? I invite you to take some aspirin yourself

http://www.pfc.org.uk/node/328

http://www.pfc.org.uk/node/329

and

http://www.pfc.org.uk/node/334

from where I quote :

1. Introduction

What is transsexuality?

Gender dysphoria is a medically recognised condition2 which is successfully cured by hormonal and surgical treatment which brings the person’s body into harmony with his brain.3

The same document exist in UN, but sorry it's late , I worled all day so I do assume this one will be enought to enlight you (As long as you are able to read and UNDERSTAND english).

Anyway that is so easy to make a laught on other, it is not? Quid rides? De te fabula narratur!

Thanks for the links Sting.

I see a lot of things need to be done for the TG people but good to see they are working on it.

However I did see some sentence that contradicts the statement that gender dysphoria is a medically recognised condition.

Quote: to the other by means of an operation which - according to current medical knowledge - is the only remedy capable of bringing body and mind into harmony. Any other solution would sound like a moral condemnation.

Anyway not trying too prove anything I just happened to notice.

O yes and I am not a native English speaker so please forgive me for my poor language skills :o

Cheers all!