Thai drinks seller shows the milk of human kindness to tourists in distress

webfact

Thai drinks seller shows the milk of human kindness to tourists in distress
Thaivisa Reporters

k1.jpg
Image: DailyNews

KRABI:-- Visitors to a Facebook page about accidents in the south got an altogether better image of the country Friday - a young Thai man going out of his way to help visitors.

The post on the "Krabi Accident" page warmed the cockles of Thai hearts as 25 year old Jakrapong Yingyong gave up selling drinks and making a living to help four tourists in distress!

No one was stopping perhaps worried about the blistering heat but not the local hero who parked and offered assistance to the forlorn motorists, two men and two women. After checking the problem, a burst front tyre, and seeing that the tourists had no tools in their car, he used his own.

But the tourists' nuts were on very tight and loosening them took all of two hours before they were on their way with happy smiles, waves and a great deal of 'thank yous." His reward was knowing that he had made some visitors to the Kingdom happy and made their day.

Said Jakrapong: "I think no one stopped for them because of the heat so I decided to help. It took a long time but I was happy to be of assistance."

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-01

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the tourists' nuts were on very tight and loosening them took all of two hours before they were on their way with happy smiles, waves and a great deal of 'thank yous."

​ The tourists' nuts. I hope he could help their nuts. clap2.gif

Well done Sir. But remember, always carry a short length of steel pipe to slip over the end of the wheel wrench for extra leverage. Most wheel nuts are tightened with a pneumatic wheel wrench. I hope you have many customers for your drinks.

why is it even making news, surely this is what any decent human being would do , theyre just trying to cover the darker side of thai peoples greed,corruption,double pricing, racism etc etc etc ..........

thats the way i see it coffee1.gif

why is it even making news, surely this is what any decent human being would do , theyre just trying to cover the darker side of thai peoples greed,corruption,double pricing, racism etc etc etc ..........

thats the way i see it coffee1.gif

So you like Thais then?

Got my truck stuck in the mud a few months back, trying to do a U-turn on a narrow soi.

Two Thai men saw my dilema from their garden and came out to help. I was well stuck, so they went back, got their truck, and a rope and pulled me out.

I tried to give them 200B for their trouble, but they wouldn't take it, they just smiled, wai'd me and went back to what they were doing.

I've been helped many times by the Thais over the years, but I must be honest, speaking their lingo does help enourmously...

yeah just love it same when i stopped for an old thai guy with his bike and sidecar on a hill with no gas gave him a 100 baht, when i rode off looked behind and he rode off, yeah it's f***ing wonderful, 55555

I commend this young man for his actions, but shouldn't this type of kindness be so commonplace as to not warrant making national news? huh.png

There's not much common-sense around these days, so it should be called rare-sense and I agree with you Katipo this kind of kindness should

be common-place but maybe its a bit rare too. Hopefully this news will be contagious for next time we see someone in need.

Just thinking.

Archived