Traffic violations and fines..

Been caught twice for over speeding and beating the red light (paid all the fines). My question is " is there a limit for commiting the violations or it the fine would just be doubled evertime I violated the rules? Thanks.. sorry for making a new thread..

Bit worried in renewing my registration.

the-edge-dou

At present, I don't believe that all the traffic departments and police stations are 'online'. Despite an increasing trend for ticketed offences to be logged in a nationwide database, beyond the highway speed camera "tickets in the post", I don't think the system is 100% operational where accumulated traffic tickets can prevent registration renewal (paying road tax). However, they probably won't make any announcements if/when the system is in all place so maybe use the time to practice better red-light habits?

• Like 1

My only contribution: I never heard of a system that accumulates the traffic violations in a list of sins.

If someone can proof me wrong I am happy to learn about.

Only thing that has been reported:

if you don't pay the tickets this will land at the DLT database and you won't get renewal until paid (probably with an added penalty).

And DLT seems to have a well working database.

So as long as you pay your tickets in time I would not expect a problem.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

My only contribution: I never heard of a system that accumulates the traffic violations in a list of sins.

If someone can proof me wrong I am happy to learn about.

Only thing that has been reported:

if you don't pay the tickets this will land at the DLT database and you won't get renewal until paid (probably with an added penalty).

And DLT seems to have a well working database.

So as long as you pay your tickets in time I would not expect a problem.

Correct.

You can commit as many driving infractions as you want as long as you pay the rather paltry fines, usually in the range of 400-500 Baht a pop you'll be right.

There's no such thing as getting in trouble for too many speeding fines, losing points off your licence, going to court, going to jail or other nonsense like happens in the west for the mere act of say speeding.

Most traffic violations, when enforced at all here in Thailand involve payment of a small fine and there are no further repercussions, probably no record taken once you've paid the fine. It's nothing like in the west, especially nanny states like Australia where if you are caught say driving 50-60km/h over the limit you are treated as the worst criminal and you are featured in the headline news.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Today I was fined for driving against the flow of traffic. I got the bill for 400 THB to pay at the police station.

Who knows is that the right amount for my violation? Looks like it should be only 200 THB.

Does anyone have the same experience?

4 hours ago, Takeprofit said:

Today I was fined for driving against the flow of traffic. I got the bill for 400 THB to pay at the police station.

Who knows is that the right amount for my violation? Looks like it should be only 200 THB.

I just found this ...

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-traffic-fines-in-clear-view-60064.php#SKmlwF43LxVRSWQG.97

Look at the Thai Traffic Police Official Website further down the document ...

Edited by JAS21
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Takeprofit said:

Pay at the station, and you'll get an official receipt. So 100% the right amount.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/21/2017 at 4:40 PM, Takeprofit said:

Did you receive a fine ticket issued by the police officer or did you just pay what he asked? If you didn't get a ticket you paid tea money. Not only that, you paid twice as much as a valid ticket fine.

2 hours ago, Rally123 said:

Did you receive a fine ticket issued by the police officer or did you just pay what he asked? If you didn't get a ticket you paid tea money. Not only that, you paid twice as much as a valid ticket fine.

From the post you're replying to: " I got the bill for 400 THB to pay at the police station. " Also far from 'a valid ticket fine'.