Public Shows Of Affection?

The funniest part is, if only that farang realised how many 'pleasure craft' have parked inside that cavity that he was kissing he probably would never dream of putting his tongue in there.

Nothing that can't be fixed with a good swig of mouthwash.

Mouthwash is a cure of HIV ? Hep B?

Me thinks you are pulling uncle neverdie's leg. Gotta wake up early to trick me ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The funniest part is, if only that farang realised how many 'pleasure craft' have parked inside that cavity that he was kissing he probably would never dream of putting his tongue in there.

I'm not entirely convinced you can catch Hep B or HIV from simply French kissing someone.

From CDC website

"Hepatitis B is not spread through sneezing, coughing, hugging, or breastfeeding. Although the virus can be found in saliva, it is not believed to be spread through kissing or sharing utensils."

From NHS website

"Although HIV can be detected in saliva, it can't be passed to other people through kissing because a combination of antibodies and enzymes found naturally in saliva prevent HIV from infecting new cells."

Edited by BritManToo

I'm not entirely convinced you can catch Hep B or HIV from simply French kissing someone.

From CDC website

"Hepatitis B is not spread through sneezing, coughing, hugging, or breastfeeding. Although the virus can be found in saliva, it is not believed to be spread through kissing or sharing utensils."

From NHS website

"Although HIV can be detected in saliva, it can't be passed to other people through kissing because a combination of antibodies and enzymes found naturally in saliva prevent HIV from infecting new cells."

My mistake, it was one hep viruses that I thought could be passed through kissing.

The hiv a possibility thru mouth ulcers, stuff like that's.

Call me hygienic but I don't want to getbinvoled in swapping germs on the whore Marygoround.

Nobody was making an example of these two, but they were definitely not happy about it.

I can not agree with your assessment. The very tiny minority who are raking it in with sexualisation gimmicks or outright prostitution are exactly that.... A tiny minority.

What about the 99.9% who are NOT raking in money from this and want to preserve their cultural attitudes??

You see.... You jumped straight onto the the defense of the foreigner and 'F*** the locals' attitude to boot.

There is a huge difference between the sex trade, massive car manufacturers and local people taking their children to the swimming pool.

I just asked my wife if we take out the farang and this were two Thai people, would it be any different, she said.... 'No same.... should not do that here'.

ask her why you shouldnt do it.

She won't have an answer.... Will say something about "Thai culture" or maybe just "because".

exactly....no reason

Exactly no reason.

It is such an entwined part of the culture that they just except it with out examining it.

Do you examine every thing in your culture or just accept most of it. For instance you don't go walking down the main street in New York wearing nothing but a bathing suit.

You have never heard of the naked cowboy in New York, huh?

But more seriously, both of my degrees are in the social sciences. So yes, I question things non stop (at great annoyance to others at times) and just "accept" nothing without examination.

Accepting things without examining them was once considered apathy at best, downright ignorance at worst. Now people seem so proud of this trait.

Everything deserves scrutiny. If such ideals crack under such scrutiny, they were obviously never very good ideas to begin with. If an idea or belief such as public displays of affection are truly some horribly inappropriate thing, people should be able to easily explain why....... Just "accepting" it, or claiming it is culture doesn't cut it......

Prior to my first visit to LOS, having read the travel brochure, I was under the impression that PDA was a major taboo and strictly verboten.

Fast forward a few years, and I'm now married to a Thai girl who is more uninhibited in the PDA department than any Western female I've ever known.

Either the brochure lied, or "the times, they are a-changin.'"