Luggage Repair in Chiang Mai?

JD66

Can anyone rec. a place where I can get some luggage repaired in CM? The only place I've heard of is Mr. Bag Fix. I'm north of the old city and he's very much south , so it's quite a distance. Plus I've read mixed reviews on the quality of their work

.. So any alternatives?

P.S If someone has used Bag Fix I'd be curious to know what's your opinion .

Thanks

Thanks for all the advice. For my backpack zipper I went to the Kad Laung Bildg. 2nd floor in the back. for a new zipper she wanted 200B ..It's a quality canvas pack, but for 200B I could buy a lesser quality brand new...got her down to 150B. She did a 1st rate job tho.

They could'nt do my suitcase Too big...So I showed a tuk driver and he knew a little no name shop across from the moat right near the entrance to Saturday walking street market . The guy there wanted 600B to replace the zipper...(The tuk driver ''translated''rolleyes.gif . I'm sure that inc. his kickback.) but whatever..I never would have found the place w/o him.

(By the way a new suitcase of that size and quality...950B @ night market.)

Anyway I got the guy down to 500B ...still think I paid too much. But I picked it up this morning ,he did an EXCELLENT job .Double stitching .Much better/stronger/higher quality than the original..So since I did'nt need a new one I saved 450B.And I did'nt have to go all the way south to Mr. Bag FIX.So it worked out.

The guy does great work.

If anybody needs the address send me a message I'll stop by there and get the name and location.

Archived