Short-term rentals in Bangkok

MarkyM3

Hi,

I'm looking for any help or advice regarding renting for a period of a month or so in Bangkok - how best to go about arranging this (I'm based in the UK but have visited the city previously) and recommended options?

Am looking at the Sukhumvit area or within striking distance of it with MRT/BTS. My trip will be a combination of leisure and some work - therefore would like decent facilitites (pool and gym ideally) and decent unlimited wi-fi so I can log into my company's computer network when I need to (I am full-time employed in the UK and pay tax there so I'd assume there isn't a problem with this approach).

I'd like to find a reliable option as I may wish to do this 2 or 3 times per year if it proves to be a workable set-up.

TIA

Mark smile.png

Edited by MarkyM3

Thanks Jspill.

Just to expand on location, I'm not definitely tied to being in Suk (probably would prefer to be away from the lower end tbh as I'm not really there for the bars) so would also be open to suggestions on other locations. Just want to be somewhere fairly centrally located for shopping, food etc.

Budget is up to c40k per month though I'd prefer less. I'm guessing a serviced apartment with facilities including kitchenette, washing machine etc. is the way to go, something with a desk space in which I can set up my laptop for doing work on as and when required.

Cheers.

Edited by MarkyM3

Thanks Jspill.

Just to expand on location, I'm not definitely tied to being in Suk (probably would prefer to be away from the lower end tbh as I'm not really there for the bars) so would also be open to suggestions on other locations. Just want to be somewhere fairly centrally located for shopping, food etc.

Budget is up to c40k per month though I'd prefer less. I'm guessing a serviced apartment with facilities including kitchenette, washing machine etc. is the way to go, something with a desk space in which I can set up my laptop for doing work on as and when required.

Cheers.

Just mail a hotel and ask for the monthly rate. Asia hotel is direct at the skytrain, normal price was 1400 a night some years ago , i guess 1000 a night for 30 days in row? Just try it or offer them what you are willing to pay.

I'd suggest you do a search on "Booking.com" to get a pretty good idea of what is available. It looks like most hotels with the facilities you want start at about B40k/mo. You don't specify what time of year you plan on coming and that could be a major factor in your bargaining power. Some pretty good discounts can be had during low season.

I believe the Omni condo on Suk. soi 4 has the facilities you need. A friend rents by the month there in the B20K/mo range for a studio room. For his first month back in October, only a one bedroom was available and that was in the B25k range. People tend to dump on the place because it does have a lot of middle eastern residents but he has never had any issues or problems with them. He uses the pool every day and says it is maintained pretty well.

Edited by dddave