Thai gov unveils new attitude adjustment program

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really only disagree with you on one point, which is why I don't support the Shin factions. I do not believe they would ever reform the justice system and ensure laws are enforced and justice administered fairly and impartially to all, any more than the Amart will. They will simply use it for their interests and for their benefit.

Just being elected isn't enough. There has to be robust, impartial and legal checks and balances. That doesn't happen here as corruption goes to the core.

Thaksin's conviction, fugitive status, outstanding arrest warrants for other serious court cases, should disqualify him from owning a political party let alone managing it and running it in the way he did. But then again, the government, as previous governments hasn't the balls to extradite him. So the game goes round and round among the old rich and the new rich.

Politics works different in Asia. We try to understand that by applying our constructs and political continuums. They don't fit. Nor does our understanding of elections and the reasons people vote.

My Chinese friends in HK laughed at me when I talked about the situation here from 2010 onward. They see it through a Chinese world view rather than out Western world view. They believe nothing will change because that's how it is. Forget all out Western nonsense. Families based on regional feudal power bases, patronages, connections and favor for favor whilst keeping face is what they think works.

Are they mainland Chinese living in HK for actual HK citizens? It seems that HK and Taiwanese citizens are doing their absolute best to stay out of Bejing's grip and bureaucracy.

I am awaiting the special boyscout and girlscout badges to be handed out for turning one's parents and friends in for "unhappy thoughts."

You can dress a thug up in khaki and adorn him with all the medals you want. But he will still a thug.

I am surprised that more pressure from outside Thailand has not been applied to end this Orwellian charade.

Yes. Back when Thaksin was overthrown, the USA was very quiet. They barely made a public statement. Odd considering how much the USA will speak up on other country's affairs. I heard even less this time around when the current coup took over. Not sure if the countries just don't want to get involved, or they just don't see much of a threat to their own national interests so they keep out of things?

Attitude adjustment....im all up for it...for the right people.

Bar and gogo owners who think barfines of 1500bht are ok, gogo dancers who want 10 times the national daily wage for 2 hrs of relaxation.

If that doesnt work, electroshock therapy for them.

Keep in mind, the fairly innocuous sounding OP here is a government news release.

It merely hints at what's actually going on, though it's pretty easy and scary to read between the lines.

The main question is, just what kind of folks is this going to be used against and in what kinds of numbers?

Former politicians, academics, journalists, student activists, democracy advocates, those who complain of official corruption, people with red bowls, people wearing provocative clothes or not enough clothes, etc etc??? The list could be long...but I wonder if any of it will be reported?

Just remember, for those chosen, in the official speak used hereabouts, they will receive their own custom "invitation"!!!! Very impolite not to accept the "invite".

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Naysayers i.e. junta supporters....name one civilized, western, democratic, society that has anything such as this.

But, but, but the west is not perfect.

But, but, but...Thaksin!