Melbourne for METV? Is it still easier than local consulates?

Hello. I ran a search on this andf the most recent posts i can find date back to January. Does anyone have any recent info on the Melbourne Consulate and METV's? In january they apparently issued them with just proof of savings and a return ticket. I dont know if that is still the case and it is an expensive trip to just turn up and hope for the best, so any info would be appreciated thanks.

I am reaching the end of my triple entry TV, hald way through my last 30 day extension and i need to sort something. I work remotley on-line, for myself, so i have no chance of proving the work thing. I dont even have an actual address in my home country (England) anymore as I have been here for 12 years so I cant show that. I can show healthy bank statments though, going back years if need be.

With that in mind, my only hope is Melbourne being way more lax on the requirments. Otherwise, im looking at a single entry tourist visa from Laos. My current passport already has a few TV's in there so there is a reasonable chance i might get turned away at immigration regardless oif what visa i have.

As I said, i have lived here for 12 years and have seen many rules and laws come and go regarding visa's. This is the first time ever i feel genuinely worried about how I can continue to stay here without spending 500K on the Elite visa.

Yes, I know, I know.... People are bound to call me out for not being here 'legaly'. "You are either a tourist or you are not, you shouldnt be here if you are not on the correct visa blah blah" but come on man, cut me a little slack. December 2003 I landed In Thailand and apart from the odd week or two back home once every year or two I have always been here. I have a nice rented home, a couple of nice cars, motorbikes, furniture, dogs, long term girlfriend.... This realy is home for me. I work remotley on-line, running a small company based in the U.S, selling a service to U.S companies and getting paid in USD - so nothing at all to do with Thailand in any way, i cause no problems here, respect the culture, contribute by spending lots of money here.... Yet I feel more than ever I am truly unwanted now, its a real shame.

But I digress, sorry. Any info on Melbourne would be appreciated!

Thanks, TLS

• Like 1

Thanks Johnatong. I will call the consulate for sure, but i wanted to get a heads up on any first hand experience before I do. Back in january a few people wrote brief trip reports so Im guessing there will be one or two people at least who can offer some feedback.

Thanks Johnatong. I will call the consulate for sure, but i wanted to get a heads up on any first hand experience before I do. Back in january a few people wrote brief trip reports so Im guessing there will be one or two people at least who can offer some feedback.

Melbourne's stated requirements here ....................

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/564565b4e4b03880a2ff050f/t/56f9ef371bbee05d1f6337e0/1459220281003/TR-Tourist-Multiple.pdf

http://www.thaiconsulatemelbourne.com/visa-information/

The reports from before were from people that were not Australian nor a resident. If I recall correctly they were from the UK and US.

Have you considered joining the Thai Elite program. You can get a 5 year membership and a PE visa that would allow unlimited one year entries for those 5 years that costs 500k baht. See: http://www.thailandelite.com/glimpse.php

There was ONE report from a Brit who stated he obtained an METV from Melbourne while on a visit to AU. There was a report of an email from Perth consulate stating they would issue one to non Australian national. Later there was report from Perth that they do not issue METV to non au nationalities. No way would I fly to melb to obtain one unless I had 100% assurance from the consulate itself. No offence to thaivisa but you cannot obtain that advice here

There was ONE report from a Brit who stated he obtained an METV from Melbourne while on a visit to AU. There was a report of an email from Perth consulate stating they would issue one to non Australian national. Later there was report from Perth that they do not issue METV to non au nationalities. No way would I fly to melb to obtain one unless I had 100% assurance from the consulate itself. No offence to thaivisa but you cannot obtain that advice here

I think there was 2 from the UK and here is one for a person from the US I posted in the METV topic.

post-66997-0-62383200-1453624916_thumb.j
  • Like 2

I recently obtained a single entry in Melbourne and all that was required was 1 photograph and I picked up the Visa 3 days later. I am not certain but I think that you need some evidence of a travel plan with the double entry. I suggest you call the office they are very helpful.

I recently obtained a single entry in Melbourne and all that was required was 1 photograph and I picked up the Visa 3 days later. I am not certain but I think that you need some evidence of a travel plan with the double entry. I suggest you call the office they are very helpful.

There are no "double entry" tourist visas anymore, only single and multi, and the OP was asking about the multi entry.

Can only vouch for Melb as a Aussie citizen.

Recently got METV visa via post.

Just a credit card statement copy (printed off Internet banking) & a inward ticket , that's all.

Simple, realise other nationalities have had some luck there too.

Why did they need a credit card statement?

Only needed an onward ticket into Thailand, not one out or a 2nd inward ticket? That's good. No need for proof of funds in a bank account or a job. That's good too.

Is Sydney the same? Anyone know?

Can only vouch for Melb as a Aussie citizen.

Recently got METV visa via post.

Just a credit card statement copy (printed off Internet banking) & a inward ticket , that's all.

Simple, realise other nationalities have had some luck there too.

Why did they need a credit card statement?

Only needed an onward ticket into Thailand, not one out or a 2nd inward ticket? That's good. No need for proof of funds in a bank account or a job. That's good too.

Is Sydney the same? Anyone know?

Credit card available balance can be used instead of cash in bank. Lot more practical.

So basically what they are saying that if you have a $50k limit on a credit card and you have no outstanding balance on it, they are taking it as having $50k in the bank account for their purposes. That's cool ;)

• Like 1