McDonald's fast-food chain store admits rat at its Hat Yai store

webfact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Thailand food stalls, restaurants, markets and supermarkets,

home and schools open kitchens are infested with rats, flies and bugs.

Kitchen of the world and health hub my @ss...........

Preposterous blink.png...

...but ThaiVisa infested with stupid comments thats for surecoffee1.gif

Whilst the restaurant should have been closed until quality assurance could have been guaranteed, I do have some sympathy with the restaurant as it is probably fighting a losing battle if local stores and government do nothing to prevent the breeding of rats and nothing is done to kill rats. They are everywhere in Thailand and if nothing is done, soon you will see cases of the Black Death, which are still common throughout the world ie the USA for example. Then watch the drop off in tourist numbers!

Up here in the sticks rat is considered to be a fine snack food. BBQ rat is available in every market. McDonalds cannot see the opportunity that exists that is right under their nose??? Ray Kroc will be rolling in his grave!

Tastes like chicken. Can it and call it "Chicken Of The Sewer."

Kitchen of the world and health hub my @ss...........

I was sitting in a side soi restuarant in Pratunam late at night when all the food vendors were sweeping up, Rats came up out of the drains and cockroaches, they were running everywhere.

Then on the other hand I hve seen cockroaches in food warmers in NZ, but LOS wins for rats.

Sydney Australia would compete with LOS on the cockroach scale.

They walk into your house through the door gaps at night in Paddington.

Up here in the sticks rat is considered to be a fine snack food. BBQ rat is available in every market. McDonalds cannot see the opportunity that exists that is right under their nose??? Ray Kroc will be rolling in his grave!

Up in the sticks anywhere, including here or even there, field rat is considered a delicacy after being skinned, gutted, washed and finely chopped and fried with spices etc. What we saw in the picture at the Rat Yai McDonalds was probably one of the local sewer rats. A huge difference.

"As the worlds business leader in quality food"

I nearly pissed myself laughing when i read that, quality food.

Yes but it's in a Thai branch of McDOnalds, the staff would have seen it as a normal situation.

Quote : As the world’s business leader in quality food, the company insisted that it has always attached importance to quality food and regular maintenance of equipment in its outlets to ensure cleanliness and hygiene.

Right ... and the baseball cap is the most elegant, most stylish hat in the world. And Hollywood is the hub of intellectual movies. And there are no obese citizens in the USA.

And if my auntie had balls, we would call her 'uncle'.

.....'Oh, sorry'.....

...wonder which diseases they spread .....

....'ignore anything you cannot deal with,,,,unless someone forces you to'.....and then find a nonsensical 'solution'....

...so basically they said they will wait until the owner of the building will do something....

....and that is hardly 'a tray'....it is the storage area.....

....my guess is they say.....'Oh don't forget to give the toppings a good mix'.....

Who planted this Burmese rat in our Thai McDonalds?

Actually, for a quick domestic rat id., 1. Intact tail, longer than head and body length, = Black rat, (Rattus rattus)! 2. Intact tail, shorter than head and body length, = Brown, Ship's, Sewer, Norway Rat, (Rattus norvegicus) Generally larger!

"As the world’s business leader in quality food"

I nearly pissed myself laughing when i read that, quality food.

Whats so funny about? Of course McDonalds is world's business leader in food quality? Think about.

Whilst the restaurant should have been closed until quality assurance could have been guaranteed, I do have some sympathy with the restaurant as it is probably fighting a losing battle if local stores and government do nothing to prevent the breeding of rats and nothing is done to kill rats. They are everywhere in Thailand and if nothing is done, soon you will see cases of the Black Death, which are still common throughout the world ie the USA for example. Then watch the drop off in tourist numbers!

so you are predicting plague?

Who planted this Burmese rat in our Thai McDonalds?

Actually, for a quick domestic rat id., 1. Intact tail, longer than head and body length, = Black rat, (Rattus rattus)! 2. Intact tail, shorter than head and body length, = Brown, Ship's, Sewer, Norway Rat, (Rattus norvegicus) Generally larger!

You are exactly correct but as an add-on I advise that the colours in the names of rats eg black rat & brown rat are just names and either rat can be any colour. Tree rats (black rats) with a longer tail are usually rural and less likely to be carrying (so many) diseases. Rats with a shorter tail than their bodies (Ship & sewer rats) are largely urban and have a much higher chance of chance of carrying diseases. It is now believed that the fleas on the Norwegian rats are responsible for carrying the plague to Europe & Britain several hundred years ago, and the great fire of London killed so many rats (and fleas) that it stopped the black plague for a while at one stage.

Just remember to measure the tail against the body next time you catch a rat for dinner and always leave the ones in drains & sewers for the less fussy eaters.

The deerhunter knows his rats too but not in a personal culinary sense. I did eat chicken in a restaurant in Nadi (Fiji) once about 20 years ago where the bones were way too small to be from a normal table fowl , but at that stage I just hoped and prayed they were bird bones. Asian Mynas (Nok Ein) are reputedly very tasty according to Iranian friend.

Edited by The Deerhunter

This is why fast food chains are a lose-lose scenario.. everytime something like this happens, like a kid dying from samonila in the burger meat or a rat, these mega global conglomerates have to over react and poison the hell out of their stores, because an incident like this goes viral worldwide, so they start putting so many chemicals into the food to the point that a MAC burger becomes this paperweight of various chems to prevent mold on the bread or any kind of a bacteria in the meat, to the point that the thing doesn't spoil 'ever' that stuff and all the pesticides in the store wil make it into your body everytime you eat there.. don't if you wanna a burger gotoone of these vans like danielthaiger where everything is fresh and pesticide free.. or eat thai food at a foodstall.. still much healthier than fastfood