Thai-French superstar breaks down in tears when drawn into military

webfact

Thai-French superstar breaks down in tears when drawn into military
By Coconuts Bangkok

chin.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Chin Chinawut, famous singer and actor, cried on national television yesterday after he was drawn to serve in the military for two years.

After being exempt for six years, the 27-year-old superstar was surprised with a military duty call yesterday after his exemption plea was rejected, causing Chin to abruptly withdraw from two upcoming television dramas and a movie.

Chin has been exempt due to an injury from a bicycle accident nine years ago which left his wrist broken. The actor still has a metal plate in his arm.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/04/05/thai-french-superstar-breaks-down-tears-when-drawn-military

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-04-05

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Life is a bitch when you have to anti up and become a man.

While I agree with your sentiment I don't think the Thai army is the right institution to develop a kid into a man. Back where I grew up I did my compulsory military service gladly, and I would want my kids to do the same.

In Thailand I would actively discourage them.

Brother of my mate's wife performed compulsory service in the Thai Army. Said it was 2 years of mostly walking around picking up rubbish off lawns and other janitorial engineering duties. My nephew lucked out last year and drew black, so wasn't forced to waste two years of his life.

Guess he didn't offer enough to buy his way out......Besides I thought I heard the half breeds weren't allowed to be in the army here. Or maybe it was just officers....I forget now.

I think the buy-out method is getting more difficult now, or so I heard. Yes, luk kreung men cannot become officers.

I don't know why these pretty boys didn't do their military training while at school in m4-m6. In the past we had quite a number who would opt out from the training a school, but not so many these days.

Brother of my mate's wife performed compulsory service in the Thai Army. Said it was 2 years of mostly walking around picking up rubbish off lawns and other janitorial engineering duties. My nephew lucked out last year and drew black, so wasn't forced to waste two years of his life.

My wifes nephew is currently doing his 2nd year of service as a houseboy for some General. Frigging stupid.

In the apartheid era all the white males were conscripted. It was not something I would have volunteered for, but I am pleased that I 'served my time'. Most of us were 18 years old. It would have been a different scenario if we had to take 2 years off from a good career and undergo military training when aged 26. No need for tears though.