British trade envoy visits PM Prayut

webfact

British trade envoy visits PM Prayut

brit.jpg

BANGKOK, 5 April 2016 (NNT) - British trade envoy Mark Garnier met with Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha at Government House to promote bilateral ties between the United Kingdom and Thailand.

Gen Prayut welcomed and congratulated Mr. Garnier on his new role as Trade Envoy to Thailand. Mr. Garnier has extensive experience in Southeast Asia. The Thai Prime Minister said he hopes the United Kingdom will restore strong diplomatic relations with Thailand. He also assured the British envoy that Thailand is determined to return democracy to its people.

Gen Prayut further stated that the country's economic foundations remain strong and continue to improve. He added that to the Thai government, 2016 represents a year of investment incentives.

British investors have been encouraged to invest in state projects, such as in water management and railway development. Mr. Garnier said British investors recognize the investment opportunities in Thailand, as the country is considered a gateway to the ASEAN region.

The British trade envoy said later that he wanted to see the Thai government amend the Foreign Business Act and make some changes to the Notification of the Alcoholic Beverages Control, in order to improve the ease of doing business in Thailand for the British private sector.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-05 footer_n.gif

"The British trade envoy said later that he wanted to see the Thai government amend the Foreign Business Act and make some changes to the Notification of the Alcoholic Beverages Control, in order to improve the ease of doing business in Thailand for the British private sector."

What makes you special? tongue.png Thailand won't let Cambodia in with its superior beer because of the alcohol Thai mafia.whistling.gif

"The British trade envoy said later that he wanted to see the Thai government amend the Foreign Business Act and make some changes to the Notification of the Alcoholic Beverages Control, in order to improve the ease of doing business in Thailand for the British private sector."

What makes you special? tongue.png Thailand won't let Cambodia in with its superior beer because of the alcohol Thai mafia.whistling.gif

our whisky, that's whatwink.png

More concerned about trade and $$$$$$ than other more pressing plights involving our own citizens here in Thailand as tourists or ex pats I see rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

This guy is the new trade envoy not the social services envoy.

More concerned about trade and $$$$$$ than other more pressing plights involving our own citizens here in Thailand as tourists or ex pats I see rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

That may be. But if certain messages were delivered to the PM in these meetings, they might be done in a closed door session, and they might not be reported out to the media.

One can hope.

And then there is the power of Scotch Whiskey.

Sadly true as slogan states by Foreign & Commonwealth Office The FCO promotes the United Kingdom's interests overseas, supporting our citizens and businesses around the globe isn't #britainisgreat ..whistling.gif

Edited by Nicolas32

Who is he trying to intimidate with the military uniform. It's only a trade delegate and he is the PM and an ex-general.

It's actually a civil servant uniform. It's supposed to create legitimacy, i.e. "I'm not an army guy"...

No surprise to see the UK government is happily doing business with the junta. They even appointed a special envoy. Sad day! sad.png

Read the the names of the whose who in the Panama papers and you will see who they are really working for.

Edited by elgordo38

Mark Garnier, the MP for my home town, what a brown nosed waste of space he is too. More interested in his own long term interests than those of his constituents!

What makes him so different he just runs with the herd. Look at the father of David Cameron. He is a tax dodger mentioned in the Panama Papers as have a tax dodging overseas hedge fund. Their all crooks nothing makes this guy stand out in a sea of them.

Mark Garnier, the MP for my home town, what a brown nosed waste of space he is too. More interested in his own long term interests than those of his constituents!

What makes him so different he just runs with the herd. Look at the father of David Cameron. He is a tax dodger mentioned in the Panama Papers as have a tax dodging overseas hedge fund. Their all crooks nothing makes this guy stand out in a sea of them.

Precisely, he's a political wannabe, jamming his nose as far up Cameron's backside as he can in the hope of high office.

Precisely, he's a political wannabe, jamming his nose as far up Cameron's backside as he can in the hope of high office.

I seen early that the Uk Government is like flies around shit at moment here in Asia and ass licking China too it is embarrassing state of affairs that we have stepped to this low standards .. facepalm.gif

I am not very politically minded,so please help me to understand this.In no way is this post meant to be sarcastic.It is purely a question.

Does not the UK have some sort of legislation about dealing with countries that are being controlled by a dictator? because they are assumed to be only a temporary answer to the countries problems.What happens if the PM is ousted by another wanna be dictator? Wouldn't it mean the UK having to do this all over again.And considering the number of coups over the past year's this may not be unlikely.If the country ended up in a civil war and became a North and South division,such as Korea,who would the UK be dealing with then?

I know some TV guys are very up on the political situation here.This is just me wanting to understand it a bit better.

Thanx in advance.

I am not very politically minded,so please help me to understand this.In no way is this post meant to be sarcastic.It is purely a question.

Does not the UK have some sort of legislation about dealing with countries that are being controlled by a dictator? because they are assumed to be only a temporary answer to the countries problems.What happens if the PM is ousted by another wanna be dictator? Wouldn't it mean the UK having to do this all over again.And considering the number of coups over the past year's this may not be unlikely.If the country ended up in a civil war and became a North and South division,such as Korea,who would the UK be dealing with then?

I know some TV guys are very up on the political situation here.This is just me wanting to understand it a bit better.

Thanx in advance.

I think the answer is they pick and choose their dictators according to political and economic expediency.

Britain has supplied £12bn of arms to some of the world's most brutal dictatorships and human rights abusers, including Iran, Saudi Arabia, Zimbabwe, China and Belarus, a report by MPs has revealed.

The UK sold arms to almost all of the countries which the Foreign Office blacklisted as human rights abusers. Just North Korea and South Sudan, out of 27 countries of concern, received no valid export licences.

"The scale of the extant strategic licences to the Foreign Office's 27 countries of human rights concern puts into stark relief the inherent conflict between the Government's arms exports and human rights policies," CAEC chairman Sir John Stanley said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/17/uk-sells-arms-to-worlds-w_n_3608760.html

Our dick tater has some way to go before he puts Thailand on the blacklist, but he is probably heading in the right direction

Edited by tuanku

Gateway to ASEAN ? Maybe a transit through BKK enroute but most would be well advised to deal directly rather than the 'Thailand as honest broker' nonsense. That would COST and hinder rather than facilitate.

Thanx in advance.

I think the answer is they pick and choose their dictators according to political and economic expediency.

Britain has supplied £12bn of arms to some of the world's most brutal dictatorships and human rights abusers, including Iran, Saudi Arabia, Zimbabwe, China and Belarus, a report by MPs has revealed.

The UK sold arms to almost all of the countries which the Foreign Office blacklisted as human rights abusers. Just North Korea and South Sudan, out of 27 countries of concern, received no valid export licences.

"The scale of the extant strategic licences to the Foreign Office's 27 countries of human rights concern puts into stark relief the inherent conflict between the Government's arms exports and human rights policies," CAEC chairman Sir John Stanley said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/17/uk-sells-arms-to-worlds-w_n_3608760.html

Our dick tater has some way to go before he puts Thailand on the blacklist, but he is probably heading in the right direction

As do all the other EU countries, the US and Aussie.

They all pick and choose and support who ever fits their interests at the time.

US, UK, Aussie, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Japan, China and others have all sent trade delegations, some multiple, since the Junta took office.

All justified by "the bigger picture" and usual crap spouted to suit.

Governments are no more than businesses these days. And, just like businesses, those calling the shots are only interested in profits, personal wealth increase and personal advancement.

Look how many "leaders" are included on just one leak of mega wealth and tax havens.

For a horrible minute I thought it read, Brits enjoyed their meeting ,,,,,,,,,,,

I don't think they enjoyed any more than perhaps the Tom Yam soup, although I'm sure good Thai restaurants can be found in the UK also.

I seen early that the Uk Government is like flies around shit at moment here in Asia and ass licking China too it is embarrassing state of affairs that we have stepped to this low standards .. facepalm.gif

Makes sence to be ready for the post EU era.