London Gatwick to BK via Oslo on Norwegian connection

sandmonster

Has anyone tried Gatwick to BK via Oslo on Norwegian ? The snag is the 2 hour time from landing in Oslo to Departure to BK. If the Gatwick to Oslo leg is on time, no problem. But any departure delays at Gatwock and its cutting it a bit fine. No check-in luggage so maybe a bit more of a cushion. Its point to point, so they won't check me all the way through at Gatwick. All depends on how punctual they are I guess out of Gatwick. Not sure if travel insurance would pay out if delays caused me to miss my connection. Anyone tried it ?

If the two sectors were on the same ticket, then the airline would usually accept responsibility for missing the connection, and put you on their next (whenever & subject-to-space) onward-flight from OSL to BKK.

But then again, that might mean that you still had to pay the much-higher UK Departure-Tax, on a trip long-haul to BKK instead of a short-haul flight to OSL, as part of your fare ?

If the two sectors were on the same ticket, then the airline would usually accept responsibility for missing the connection, and put you on their next (whenever & subject-to-space) onward-flight from OSL to BKK.

But then again, that might mean that you still had to pay the much-higher UK Departure-Tax, on a trip long-haul to BKK instead of a short-haul flight to OSL, as part of your fare ?

Norwegian have some silly-cheap one way offers from various northern Europe cities to BKK at the moment, as little as £84 including taxes (but not including hold luggage).

Why would anyone try it with such cheap fares with the Middle eastern Airlines?

I'm just asking because I'm curious.

If I were going to Norway I'd rather stay there for a while, then go on to BKK.

Cause I only need one way. No Middle Eastern Airlines that can do it for 115GBP in 15 hours. Simple

Norwegian do a connecting flight service. But, as with most budget airline services, it's extra (15 pp from Gatwick):

https://www.norwegian.com/uk/booking/booking-information/optional-charges/

After speaking to them, they said the 15GBP is included in single ticket flights but if you intend to connect using 2 separate tickets on Norwegian, as long as there is 2 hours between flights, they will take responsibility to get you on the next available flight, whether that be via of another hub. If less than 2 hours, they won't.