British dog lover fears Thai stranger conned her out of 7,000 Pounds

webfact

Dog lover fears Thai stranger conned her out of £7,000
Sophie Grubb

OXFORD: -- A DOG lover fears she has been conned out of £7,000 which she spent trying to save an abandoned pooch she fell for online.

Jirral Darmoise, 45, flew to Bangkok in Thailand on Sunday after a costly year-long battle to adopt a St. Bernard called Balloon.

The Oxford artist sold her possessions to pay to keep the homeless dog alive, before flying to collect him from his Thai "rescuer". But the woman - who she fears has pocketed the cash meant to nurse "mangled" Balloon back to health - refused to hand him over.

Full story: http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/14405325.Dog_lover_fears_Thai_stranger_conned_her_out_of___7_000/

-- Oxford Mail 2016-04-06

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a shortage of dogs needing rescue in the UK or closer to home Europe that she has to travel all the

way to BKK to rescue a single dog?

sometimes people do things that boggles the minds and expect that everything will be all right,

so in this case, the good Samaritan got swindled due to her own too trusting nature and wanting

to do a good deed....

You got scammed lady. What idiot would jump into something online asking for money? You have bugger all chance of getting your money back and there is probably other idiots sending this thai woman money for the dog that she is probably abusing for profit.

Thank you Thai woman to get rid of these institutional morons are these alleged dog lover.

Especially exotic dogs, huh, living thousands of kilometers. It's more chic at lounge to recount friends.

Friendly advice for this brave Thai, increase requests. £7,000 are very few in relation of human stupidity which as everyone knows is boundless,

Edited by happy Joe

I'm sorry to say it but the lady artist from Oxford is obviously barking mad. To travel halfway around the world to rescue a dog that may or may not exist makes no sense.
There are thousands of dogs in the UK needing good homes and families please go back and rescue one of these.

Please, everyone shared this with your paw your meow and some real people.

If you insist on helping a sick puppy you can contact this sick puppy , <email removed as per forum rules>
Cobb khun Krap

Edited by metisdead
18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted i

Well named Balloon, not sure whether is should of been her name rather than the dogs though, don't feel to bad for her as it wasn't all her money she created an online fundraising page to raise money for medical bills and flights, and of course the obligatory go fund me page,

She is an idiot. The dog may not even exist in reality. Anyone can get a photo of a dog and post it online. I would have thought there are more pressing cases that could use the money and not necessarily in saving a mutt. Being so stupid she deserves to be conned

Is there a shortage of dogs needing rescue in the UK or closer to home Europe that she has to travel all the

way to BKK to rescue a single dog?

sometimes people do things that boggles the minds and expect that everything will be all right,

so in this case, the good Samaritan got swindled due to her own too trusting nature and wanting

to do a good deed....

I can sell her the Victory Monument if she is interested. Title deeds are available.coffee1.gif

She is an idiot. The dog may not even exist in reality. Anyone can get a photo of a dog and post it online. I would have thought there are more pressing cases that could use the money and not necessarily in saving a mutt. Being so stupid she deserves to be conned

She might not be the only idiot here. If you just read the article, you wouldn't assume and write things without knowing the whole story.

Surely the quarantine laws (i.e. taking a sick dog/any mutt... back to the UK!) still exist? I think it used to be 12 months or 6 months in a kennel, not cheap...especially for a huge doggy. Or has the law changed?

Presumably she would want to take it home?

Yes, she isn't holding a full deck, by the look of it.

Eddycoffee1.gif