Bar "buyout fee" has anyone heard of this before? I was quoted a price of 15000 baht.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps she is telling the truth with a slight twist... She has only worked in THAT bar for a month. Might have worked 5 other bar though ....

Now now don,t be like that cheesy.gif

An earlier post quoted between 6 an 10 thousand baht for buy out,this is the figure I hear frequently also thumbsup.gif

Give it (her) a go................you will never know unless you do it and come back on here in 6 months time with an update wai2.gif

you may have found a gem............or not whistling.gif

Sure it happens but it is a load of horse shat about paying a girl out.... biggest bar scam out there .....

15K is expensive. Do you understand that your 'girl' (or ex-bar working working girl) will most likely pocket 50% of that, so you are also paying her and she sure will not tell you that?

Ask yourself how many mornings you woke with her and handed over 1000 baht. If your paying her, she is a 'working girl'. If she was smart, that would have stopped after a week or two and she then started playing the long game...

They all say I have been working only a 'month'. Go pay the mamasan or a few of the other working girls around her a 1000 baht or so and ask for the 'real' story.

It is just a rort; I had this happen to a mate only a few months ago. He was my best mate for about 20 years (an still is) back in my home country. I greased a few hands, found out the truth about his girl (she had a few sponsors on the run) and told him the truth. He did not like it but when he confronted her with the truth. it all fell in a house of cards fashion.

I think the OP's post is a wind up but there are fools doing this on a daily basis

OP,

I have one word of advice for you,

"Run" !

Now I will explain it. You are heading down a very slippery slope, one that millions before you have traversed and most come out with a scar or two.

No bar owns any human being. If your new love was silly enough to hand over her Thai ID to a bar owner then she's going to do lots of other stupid stuff too, all of them designed to help you spend money.

You are heading for a world of pain but nothing I say is going to change what you do as your little head is thinking for the big one.

Welcome to Thailand, the land of vertical smiles !

i see nowhere in the OP that the bar owner has the girls ID.

This is how it used to work. In the days when almost all bars had women from one area. You would have a Korat bar and a Buriam bar and so on. If the girl just quit she would not be allowed back and the bar. Today a girl can quit and get another job in 15 min. The owner also gives about half the money to the girl.....

Here is how my crystal ball sees it.......................

It will be 10,000 baht to the bar and 5,000 baht to the girl when she comes back after your holiday. Verbal contracts will already have been made.

OP, seen it too many times. As others have commented, she can leave whenever she wants without any payment if that is her want. One day, one week, one month working? Doesn't matter, just a line.

Nothing to do with face as others seem to think..........................wink.png

But, if that is the road you are travelling, have fun until you get to the end, charm the pants off her, all scenarios can change.

Don't pay any money to the bar, full stop. It's a fact finding mission to determine how much money you have, and whether it's worth going with you, exclusively. I wouldn't trust any bar girl until you get to know them for at least six months. Ask yourself what is the job of a bar girl? Answer, it's to earn money from customers by way of lady drinks and having sex. It's and easier life than working in the rice fields or a hotel cleaner.

Just enjoy the sex for now, and don't commit yourself until you really get to know how she ticks.

Don't pay any money to the bar, full stop. It's a fact finding mission to determine how much money you have, and whether it's worth going with you, exclusively. I wouldn't trust any bar girl until you get to know them for at least six months. Ask yourself what is the job of a bar girl? Answer, it's to earn money from customers by way of lady drinks and having sex. It's and easier life than working in the rice fields or a hotel cleaner.

Just enjoy the sex for now, and don't commit yourself until you really get to know how she ticks.

In fact I would just suggest walk away and don't get involved, test her say if you want to be with me and for us to have a future together you would pay your own buyout fee or just walk away now never to return to the bar again, then just sit and listen to her response.

Then make your decision on whether you want to take the girl from the bar.

Rather than a buyout fee i have seen it described as more a long term barfine meaning she is available to you whenever you are in town but still keeps her job (and pay).

From the girls perspective:

1. Walk around some of these areas, you tend not to pay that much attention to what all the other guys look like, 95% of them ....well

Basically if you are from countries like Germany, Canada, US...basically if you are white or japanese you are automatically ahead of most, if they are doing well they wont go near indian or arab guys, even your stereotypical drunk angry russian, and most thai seem to really hate chinese

Any female on the planet, you are always competing with other guys, not like the bar situation makes it all that different.

Even if she has 3 sponsors on the go at the one time, its in part so she can reject all the gross slobs that will pay her under 1000 baht

Silly to assume they necessarily would want to go back, especially if it meant she will average less money

2. A falang assuming she wont want to go back to her boring village, that assumption is more likely to come from cityslickers rather than those that grew up in the country, She grew up there, all her friends and family and almost always kid/kids are there

On the flip side, if she grew up hotter than all the other girls in the village, way before she even got to the bar, handed over to the local mafia boss, all the creepy uncles, unless she has an overprotective brother or father thats mafia or owns a gun. The bar in pattaya means less trouble for more money

3. She knows damn well, gets close to 30, the money will dry up, "career" is over. Most of them will know a few aunties that used to do it, maybe even the mother. Back in the village, infertile, 300 baht for a 12 hr day from some food stall, infertile so only the original kid from thai guy that dumped her before the bar work left to look after her

4. How many guys do you think they have met, that promise a whole bunch of stuff on their holidays, but go back home and they never hear from them again

5. From what Ive seen, the ones that have the loser thai boyfriend and are giving him money, are the ones that are hung up on love or hoping for ever after, same kind of thing as the falangs that become love sick puppies, same kind of thing. Again, that kind of thing is everywhere, not just bar girls in Thailand. Hung up on some douchebag that treats her like crap and probably becuase thats how the father treated her, avoid girls like that everywhere, not just thailand

6. We are in the days of video chat, LINE, Tango, Messenger. A lot harder to fake it nowadays

You really have to go to the village, meet the family, check out the situation there, thats really the most important thing. Any thing about the bar or whichever tourist place shes living ....its all irrelevant if the brothers or the boyfriend or even the flippin mother is the one making her work there. They cant be too poor relative to everyone else, then all the family just feed off her income. How many brothers, are they all lazy and just sit around drinking or day, or do they all work. Father as well

Second most important thing is the falang himself, what do you actually want?

15,000 baht, thats US$425 at the moment. My mother loves Hawaii, she's getting a bit on now, so I have to go with her. One night at the Hilton will cost flippin around that much. Holiday back in your home country, how far does US$425 get you?

Sinsod? 500,000 baht, just over $14,000 US, Sinsod should just be for show anyway, with thai marriages it comes back, you know its all bullshit if it doesnt come back, or at least go into the daughters house or what not. Again, thats more about the family than her

( I actually didnt pay any Sinsod, two of her uncles put up 300,000 for show on the day, I put in 50,000 which ended up going to the wedding bills, a wedding that would have cost me 5 times as much back home)

You have to work out what you really want long term. Not for everyone.

Especially if you are like a fly in fly out worker, or some job where you know when you are "on" you have no time in the day other than working, and you want to have kids.

The thai wife raising your kids in the village, its an awesome deal. The difference in cost is mind blowing. If I tried it back home it would be AU$1 million for the house, at least a half million dollar mortgage, AU$35,000 a year just on mortage interest. Not to mention paying three times as much for everything else had it been an australian wife here.

Over at least 20 years, you are really talking about a difference of millions, not in baht but your home currency. No financial stress if you have a good job and hang on to it.

Just go for the girl that is just going to be all about the kids, not the one that you "fall in love with" because she is jumping on you three times a day in the hotel, or spends too much time flirting with other guys, or wont stay put in the village. Just make sure she doesnt have a douchebag family

Even if later she does get a boyfriend, because you are 20/30 years older and she knows shes going to live up to 50 years longer than you, really what do you expect?

If that happens, every holiday, one week visiting the kids, the other week back down to pattaya wink wink nudge nudge.

Not like those kids are going to ignore a dad thats going to have enough money so they dont have to work a shitty job, Not likely that any future boyfriend is going to be silly enough to abandon those kids if you are coughing up 2.3 times his regular pay to support them. Likely she is not even going to bother if she's not the type to get hung up on love, or doesnt want to have to put out every night, Even if so, there are a bunch of other older female relatives that will take up the deal.

Unfortunately EVERYTHING is about money any way. I suspect a lot of the naysers got into it just for her, what she looked like in a bikini at 25, and not for the kids, got bored of it all after a few years and cheaped out.

Have a kid, that first 5 years especially, they cant do a damn thing other than watch that kid every second of everyday, whether the husband is there or not. A lot of guys just dont get that

Silly assuming just because she is/was a bargirl she isnt going to prefer having and being around a bunch of kids, of course there are some not really designed for that and would prefer staying in the bar, partying , having sex. But it shouldnt really be that hard for you to tell the difference, as long as you are NOT thinking with your dick, or have your head up your arse. Also assuming she is somehow going to be a worse mother becuase she used to have sex for money, thats just an assumption, usually actually based on jealousy from the guy or bullshit values he gets from everywhere else, they dont have to have anything to do with each other, Nothing to say if you have kids with a thai girl with a "regular" job, she wont end up being more of a train wreck or a shittier mother

Suss out the family, and you are the dude, its always about money, no matter where you are in the world

Still, if a magic genie or a monk could swap you into the body of ones of these bargirls for a month or a year, so you see everything

I think most guys would come out with a far different perspective

A lot of the assumptions dont really make sense, even if it was the biggest nympho bar girl in thailand, there for the sex more than the money. Why would she leave the guy thats fit, that knew what he was doing and could do it for hours .....?for the gross guy that just wants to blow on her face for less money

1. Walk around some of these areas, you tend not to pay that much attention to what all the other guys look like, 95% of them ....well

Basically if you are from countries like Germany, Canada, US...basically if you are white or japanese you are automatically ahead of most, if they are doing well they wont go near indian or arab guys, even your stereotypical drunk angry russian, and most thai seem to really hate chinese

Any female on the planet, you are always competing with other guys, not like the bar situation makes it all that different.

Even if she has 3 sponsors on the go at the one time, its in part so she can reject all the gross slobs that will pay her under 1000 baht

Silly to assume they necessarily would want to go back, especially if it meant she will average less money

2. A falang assuming she wont want to go back to her boring village, that assumption is more likely to come from cityslickers rather than those that grew up in the country, She grew up there, all her friends and family and almost always kid/kids are there

On the flip side, if she grew up hotter than all the other girls in the village, way before she even got to the bar, handed over to the local mafia boss, all the creepy uncles, unless she has an overprotective brother or father thats mafia or owns a gun. The bar in pattaya means less trouble for more money

3. She knows damn well, gets close to 30, the money will dry up, "career" is over. Most of them will know a few aunties that used to do it, maybe even the mother. Back in the village, infertile, 300 baht for a 12 hr day from some food stall, infertile so only the original kid from thai guy that dumped her before the bar work left to look after her

4. How many guys do you think they have met, that promise a whole bunch of stuff on their holidays, but go back home and they never hear from them again

5. From what Ive seen, the ones that have the loser thai boyfriend and are giving him money, are the ones that are hung up on love or hoping for ever after, same kind of thing as the falangs that become love sick puppies, same kind of thing. Again, that kind of thing is everywhere, not just bar girls in Thailand. Hung up on some douchebag that treats her like crap and probably becuase thats how the father treated her, avoid girls like that everywhere, not just thailand

6. We are in the days of video chat, LINE, Tango, Messenger. A lot harder to fake it nowadays

You really have to go to the village, meet the family, check out the situation there, thats really the most important thing. Any thing about the bar or whichever tourist place shes living ....its all irrelevant if the brothers or the boyfriend or even the flippin mother is the one making her work there. They cant be too poor relative to everyone else, then all the family just feed off her income. How many brothers, are they all lazy and just sit around drinking or day, or do they all work. Father as well

15,000 baht, thats US$425 at the moment. My mother loves Hawaii, she's getting a bit on now, so I have to go with her. One night at the Hilton will cost flippin around that much. Holiday back in your home country, how far does US$425 get you?

Sinsod? 500,000 baht, just over $14,000 US, Sinsod should just be for show anyway, with thai marriages it comes back, you know its all bullshit if it doesnt come back, or at least go into the daughters house or what not. Again, thats more about the family than her

( I actually didnt pay any Sinsod, two of her uncles put up 300,000 for show on the day, I put in 50,000 which ended up going to the wedding bills, a wedding that would have cost me 5 times as much back home)

Especially if you are like a fly in fly out worker, or some job where you know when you are "on" you have no time in the day other than working, and you want to have kids.

The thai wife raising your kids in the village, its an awesome deal. The difference in cost is mind blowing. If I tried it back home it would be AU$1 million for the house, at least a half million dollar mortgage, AU$35,000 a year just on mortage interest. Not to mention paying three times as much for everything else had it been an australian wife here.

Over at least 20 years, you are really talking about a difference of millions, not in baht but your home currency. No financial stress if you have a good job and hang on to it.

Just go for the girl that is just going to be all about the kids, not the one that you "fall in love with" because she is jumping on you three times a day in the hotel, or spends too much time flirting with other guys, or wont stay put in the village. Just make sure she doesnt have a douchebag family

Even if later she does get a boyfriend, because you are 20/30 years older and she knows shes going to live up to 50 years longer than you, really what do you expect?

If that happens, every holiday, one week visiting the kids, the other week back down to pattaya wink wink nudge nudge.

Not like those kids are going to ignore a dad thats going to have enough money so they dont have to work a shitty job, Not likely that any future boyfriend is going to be silly enough to abandon those kids if you are coughing up 2.3 times his regular pay to support them. Likely she is not even going to bother if she's not the type to get hung up on love, or doesnt want to have to put out every night, Even if so, there are a bunch of other older female relatives that will take up the deal.

Unfortunately EVERYTHING is about money any way. I suspect a lot of the naysers got into it just for her, what she looked like in a bikini at 25, and not for the kids, got bored of it all after a few years and cheaped out.

Have a kid, that first 5 years especially, they cant do a damn thing other than watch that kid every second of everyday, whether the husband is there or not. A lot of guys just dont get that

Silly assuming just because she is/was a bargirl she isnt going to prefer having and being around a bunch of kids, of course there are some not really designed for that and would prefer staying in the bar, partying , having sex. But it shouldnt really be that hard for you to tell the difference, as long as you are NOT thinking with your dick, or have your head up your arse. Also assuming she is somehow going to be a worse mother becuase she used to have sex for money, thats just an assumption, usually actually based on jealousy from the guy or bullshit values he gets from everywhere else, they dont have to have anything to do with each other, Nothing to say if you have kids with a thai girl with a "regular" job, she wont end up being more of a train wreck or a shittier mother

Suss out the family, and you are the dude, its always about money, no matter where you are in the world

wow. darn good post there. well done.

No, it's complete BS from a white knight.

Trying to do anything with one of these girls is a 'worst nightmare' scenario.

You can't trust them to ever tell the truth.

The kid you have with them, probably won't be your kid.#

Grandma will always be around to look after the kid, while they are back in Pattaya.

Children will be used to blackmail, manipulate and extort money from you at every opportunity.

These girls aren't grateful for being 'saved', they don't like you, they don't want you, they will always deceive you.

Grandma will always be around to look after the kid, while they are back in Pattaya.

Children will be used to blackmail, manipulate and extort money from you at every opportunity.

These girls aren't grateful for being 'saved', they don't like you, they don't want you, they will always deceive you.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but not everyone's experience will be the same.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but not everyone's experience will be the same.

And farangs are constantly questioning the Thai level of intelligence! Huh? whistling.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

If she really wants to leave she can just leave... You are paying if she wants to go back to that bar once you guys dont workout.

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64