Question for 3bb VDSL users .....

speedtripler

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

just went to 3BB office, and yes , I need to deposit around 1500 THB for the VDSL router. Cannot use mine. Did not understand if the guy can configure it before giving it to me, or if he needs to go to my condo.

I will switch from Premier 1166THB soon

Phil

Yes. The force you to pay the deposit for the crappy router..

I just signed up for my 3bb VDSL (had it on 1st apr, down since 4th and not up yet) and the sales girl said that I must pay for the deposit no matter what..

You can purchase your own router later on and keep their router nice and new in the box though.

The router that they provide/lease is a huawei router.. Up to Wireless N only..

Hi

just went to 3BB office, and yes , I need to deposit around 1500 THB for the VDSL router. Cannot use mine. Did not understand if the guy can configure it before giving it to me, or if he needs to go to my condo.

I will switch from Premier 1166THB soon

Phil

They will configure on the day of installation..

The router that they provide/lease is a huawei router.. Up to Wireless N only..

Hmm noted. And wireless N is not enough ? I mean I only use it for the smartphones at home, and sometimes my laptop ...

Wireless N supports a maximum theoretical transfer rate of 300mbps with 2 antennas. It can reach up to 450mbps with 3 antennas. Though typical speeds are more accurately around 130mbps or less without certain configurations and conditions being met.

I dont know about my old router, but I think it can be enough. Anyway, I have to try.

Thanks

Since FTTx is not possible in my condo, i wonder if VDSL would be possible? What do you think guys?

Currently i use ADSL 15Mb/1Mb for 962 Baht. I just called 3bb service line. They told me, i should go to a shop to find out, if VDSL would be available for me. But she suggested, i should better upgrade to ADSL 18Mb/1.8Mb since this is better suitable for intl. connections. (same price). I didn't know that this option exist.

However, i will tomorrow visit a 3bb shop. Does someone upgrade to 18Mb/1.8Mb already?

I want the best possible connection.

But she suggested, i should better upgrade to ADSL 18Mb/1.8Mb since this is better suitable for intl. connections. (same price). I didn't know that this option exist.

Hi

Impossible to find this package on their website ... do you have more info ? price ? etc

Phil

But she suggested, i should better upgrade to ADSL 18Mb/1.8Mb since this is better suitable for intl. connections. (same price). I didn't know that this option exist.

Hi

Impossible to find this package on their website ... do you have more info ? price ? etc

Phil

Yes, it isn't on their website. I got an email from 3bb which said something in Thai upgrade to 18/1.8. I wanted to attach it here, but upload failed. No idea why.

Just today i went to the 3bb shop Threppasit, Jomtien. First i asked them if VDSL would be possible in my condo. Yes. I would need to do a 1500 Baht Deposit. It will take 3 days and i get a new router.

Then i asked for the upgrade to ADSL 18/1.8. She said, yes, can do. It takes 1 Month and would cost the same price as i pay now for the 15/1 package. 962 Baht incl. VAT. Then i saw on the wall a advertisement, 18/1.8 for 500 Baht excl. vat. I asked, why not 500 Baht? She answered, Promotion only for new customers/ WHAT? I'm a customer since 8 Years and now i get punished for that?

Then i went to 3bb shop at Big C, Pattaya Klang.

1st, i got my upgrade immediately for 500 Baht. Only had to show my passport. I got a new password/username for the router. I just came home and changed the credentials. And, yes, i got the new speed. Done already.

She offered me to send a technician within 7 days to check my signal to determine of VDSL would make sense here. If the signal will be fine, i will change to VDSL 50Mb.

So, i had a bad and a good experience at 3BB.

I hope this helps.

Just found this;

http://thaiinternetspeed.blogspot.com/2016/03/3bb-18mb.html

18Mb_Landing_Page%25283%2529%255B1%255D.

As i said in my previous post. It seems that 590 baht are a promotion. I have no idea how long it will last. May be permanently. However, in case someone want to upgrade, i would to suggest to do it as soon as possible. Save money and get better speed. Btw; similar to AIS. Before i paid 249 Baht for 500MB per month. Now, 212 Baht for 1GB.

This picture looks very similar to the picture i got by email. The only difference, on the email wasn't mentioned a price. It almost seems, 3bb tries to keep the higher prices of current customers. Not fair.

Once again, this is ADSL. Not VDSL.

Just found this;

http://thaiinternetspeed.blogspot.com/2016/03/3bb-18mb.html

As i said in my previous post. It seems that 590 baht are a promotion. I have no idea how long it will last. May be permanently. However, in case someone want to upgrade, i would to suggest to do it as soon as possible. Save money and get better speed. Btw; similar to AIS. Before i paid 249 Baht for 500MB per month. Now, 212 Baht for 1GB.

This picture looks very similar to the picture i got by email. The only difference, on the email wasn't mentioned a price. It almost seems, 3bb tries to keep the higher prices of current customers. Not fair.

Once again, this is ADSL. Not VDSL.

That appears to be an old ad...

They are now offering 20/4Mbps VDSL for 590 baht.

actually no, you don't need to use their router.

you can use your own VDSL2 compatible router, such as the ASUS RT-AC68U

I too deposited and got the huawei piece of crap and plan to give it back as soon as I get the VDSL working and the AC68U.

Well,

Once the deposit is made, keeping or giving back the router should not be a problem;-) Long time ago, it was, take a 1 year contract, and you don't need any deposit and you can use your own router.

Well I will go to meet them on Saturday in Chiangmai, and hope to have clear news, include the fact that I don't have any more phone number ... but a phone line (cable) to connect my router to the wall yes. (I cancel TOT line months ago)

And of course, different places, different staffs, different answers ... let's see what they will tell me.

Phil.

3BB Promotion

3BB VDSL 20/4 Mbps

201603291858.jpg

201603291832(1).png

* This Promotional price is valid until June 30, 2016

Terms and Conditions

• The first month service fee will be collected when applying for the service.
  • The deposit fee for VDSL Router 4 Port WiFi is 1,500 Baht. (Router is on loan basis)
  • Please check service availability before signing for the service.
  • The company reserves the right in case the connecting speed is lower than advertised due to technical, network limitation factorsor concurrent user at the period of time.
  • The company reserves the right to grant service due to network and technical limitations.
3BB 18Mb
3BB speeds provide customers the same price.
3BB ADSL 18Mb 590 baht / VDSL 30Mb 900 baht / VDSL 50Mb 1,200 baht.

3BB-18Mb_%25E0%25B8%2595%25E0%25B8%25B2%
* Register on 30 June 59 can get a promotion. Lifetime
Conditions promotions and services.
  • Users pay one month of the date of application.
  • If permission to borrow ADSL Router 1 Port Deposit and 100 baht or VDSL Router 4 Port WiFi insurance and 1,200 baht.
  • Purchase Wireless Router 4 Port built in for 650 baht or ADSL Router 4 Port WIFI cost 999 baht ( inclusive of VAT ) Location.
  • The Company reserves the right to provide services and the connection speed is lower than the speed indicated on the package chosen , due to technical limitations or factors, including the number of users and networks.Services at the time,

You can see that the 18/1.8 ad was last years promotion (30 June 59)

The 20/4 VDSL is the current promotion.

Both for 590 baht/month

3BB Promotion

3BB VDSL 20/4 Mbps

201603291858.jpg

201603291832(1).png

* This Promotional price is valid until June 30, 2016

Terms and Conditions

• The first month service fee will be collected when applying for the service.
  • The deposit fee for VDSL Router 4 Port WiFi is 1,500 Baht. (Router is on loan basis)
  • Please check service availability before signing for the service.
  • The company reserves the right in case the connecting speed is lower than advertised due to technical, network limitation factorsor concurrent user at the period of time.
  • The company reserves the right to grant service due to network and technical limitations.

MAR

3BB 18Mb

3BB speeds provide customers the same price.

3BB-18Mb_%25E0%25B8%2595%25E0%25B8%25B2%

* Register on 30 June 59 can get a promotion. Lifetime

Conditions promotions and services.

• Users pay one month of the date of application.
  • If permission to borrow ADSL Router 1 Port Deposit and 100 baht or VDSL Router 4 Port WiFi insurance and 1,200 baht.
  • Purchase Wireless Router 4 Port built in for 650 baht or ADSL Router 4 Port WIFI cost 999 baht ( inclusive of VAT ) Location.
  • The Company reserves the right to provide services and the connection speed is lower than the speed indicated on the package chosen , due to technical limitations or factors, including the number of users and networks.Services at the time,

Both for 590 baht/month

Both promotions are still for sale on the same table

One is adsl, one is Vdsl

3BB Promotion

Both for 590 baht/month

One is adsl, one is Vdsl

OK cool ... we just need to see which one is better for International (skype, torrent) ... which one got less "swinging" (up and down speed, not stable) ... By the way 2559 is 2016, so this year ;-)

Philippe

3BB Promotion

Both for 590 baht/month

One is adsl, one is Vdsl

OK cool ... we just need to see which one is better for International (skype, torrent) ... which one got less "swinging" (up and down speed, not stable) ... By the way 2559 is 2016, so this year ;-)

Philippe

The only way to find out is to install a second telephone line and sign both packages. Otherwise, no chance. Nobody knows.

3BB Promotion

Both for 590 baht/month

One is adsl, one is Vdsl

Philippe

The only way to find out is to install a second telephone line and sign both packages. Otherwise, no chance. Nobody knows.

damn ....i was hoping they could install it alongside my true broadband so i could have a month or 2 to compare the services ............

3BB Promotion

Both for 590 baht/month

One is adsl, one is Vdsl

Philippe

I stand corrected, Phillippe...

I was going by my Motor Tax Sticker, which, of course, expires next year.

3BB appear to have upgraded my 10Mbps ADSL package to 18/1.4 without my requesting it, according to my speed checks.

Do you think there is any advantage to be gained by asking then to upgrade me further to 20/4 VDSL?

3BB appear to have upgraded my 10Mbps ADSL package to 18/1.4 without my requesting it, according to my speed checks.

Do you think there is any advantage to be gained by asking then to upgrade me further to 20/4 VDSL?

Depends whether your need the upload or not.... Most people wouldn't notice the difference in 18 or 20mb tbh.... They're both plenty fast if working.....

Bear in mind you will need the vdsl router

If available in your area, why not get the 50meg vdsl? Seems like a more worthy upgrade from 18...

I advise against the 18/1.8 package, as it has slower international bandwidth than the previous 15/1.5 package.

Do you have a legit source for that?

I guess, for new customers 15/1 isn't available anymore. So this would be a step back. But as we know, TiT, so anything is possible.

So far, after the upgrade i can't say if it's better or worse for intl. connections. Only youtube seems to start buffering quicker.

The women from 3bb service center told me, ADSL would be better for int. connections then VDSL. May be it's true, may be not. I will switch to VDSL 50Mb as soon i know if my signal strenght is fine.

Years ago i had a package from 3bb, a special one for intl. connections. It was quite expensive. Later i moved to another package which was much cheaper but also much better. I believed the "special intl. package" did only waste my money. So, everything what we get told is in question. Nothing is sure, nobody have a really competent answer/explanation. Then again, TiT.

I advise against the 18/1.8 package, as it has slower international bandwidth than the previous 15/1.5 package.

I tested it myself while both packages were active on my account.

Check the other current VDSL thread for details. The new plan has about 40% less international bandwidth than the old one.

EDIT: link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906623-anyone-can-comment-3bb-vdsl-internet/

I tested it myself while both packages were active on my account.

Check the other current VDSL thread for details. The new plan has about 40% less international bandwidth than the old one.

EDIT: link

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906623-anyone-can-comment-3bb-vdsl-internet/

I see. and read your post on the first page. I just did a speedtest to servers in Chicago. Seems the same speed as before. But, in Chicago are many servers. And each gives different results. So, what do you plan to do? Wait for results of the VDSL?

I sit in the same boat. It doesn't matter how much it costs, i only ask for the best possible package for US connections.

This all is PITA. Right?

Btw; i got told in the shop, all 15Mb packages will become upgraded to 18Mb by end of April. So yes, they will stop the 15Mb for everyone, same as happen to the previous 13Mb plan.

Archived