Interesting Link...at Least I Thought So

chownah

:o Prof Jackson is an Australian academic in a Sydney University. He came here at 25, taught, wrote the semi autobiographical novel "The Intrinsic Quality of Skin"...His prior work was "Letters to Dear Uncle Gho: Homosexuality in Thailand". He has written a lot of stuff on Thai Buddhism and was here recently for the Conference on Homosexuality, Gender etc in Asia...He is a reputable scholar on things thai and find his writings interesting, informative and educative. Most of his books are available at any Asia Books outlet. :D Dukkha

:D Chownah, I am happy to pass on the little info I have. Prof Jackson has probably had more experiences than most of us who have travelled to Thailand for either short or long perioeds, some of it was spent as a forest monk, insights I do not have as yet....although he is an Australian academic now, I consider him to be more informed than most people who post on here...he probably smelt many of the smells we are yet to experience and had seen a lot more than an average tourist or long term ex-pat....do try to get hold of what he has written and it will both open your mind and your heart..the homosexuality element is only one of his experiences but I think his spiritual path is much deeper than most, this is not bias as I am Australian but fact which you will gleen from his writings...wish you well in any of your pursuits of Peters work and it is far beyond anything to do with thai men and all that entails, but it is not all that chic for posters on threads of this genre...happy research and reading :D Cheers Dukkha :o

:D As I live in Thailand I have seen copies of the book in Asia Books...try and make contact with the publisher whom, unfortunately I have forgotten, they may be able to provide distribution outlets, or check out any of Prof Jackson sites which may be a lead for you...best of luck and worth pursuing if you want some insights into Homosexualaity In Thailand....I have several interesting quotes I wrote from the book which you are welcome to PM and wil pass them on although I know you are keen to read the entire book.... :o Dukkha