Online Dating Agencies

Neeranam

I wonder if people back in England would consider you a social misfit because you came to a country where it's so easy to find a woman?

came here on a work contract

But you did find your wife here didn't you? You did say this is one of the easiest places to find women didn't you?

Are you really sure based on those two facts people wouldn't call you a social misfit?

Say for example if you met another person with about your same level of tolerance for others and the way they live their lives. :o

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if people back in England would consider you a social misfit because you came to a country where it's so easy to find a woman?

But you did find your wife here didn't you? You did say this is one of the easiest places to find women didn't you?

Are you really sure based on those two facts people wouldn't call you a social misfit?

Say for example if you met another person with about your same level of tolerance for others and the way they live their lives. :o

you clown

Why do people meet women on the net?

because they are losers

Why did you come to Thailand to find a wife? You see how easy it is to make assumptions don't you?

no

The net just makes it even easier so really, why not?

because it's sad

Yeah yeah yeah, I agree the little glances, the first smile and all that and to be honest in my gut I'd always rather meet a woman in real life, ity's a lot more fun. But surely if people meet a woman of the net when they meet her in real life for the first time they will also have this romantic experience.

you know in your heart it's fake

Say for example if you met another person with about your same level of tolerance for others and the way they live their lives. :D

you clown

Mods, probably time to put this to bed when it comes to this....nothing left to be said anyway.....hard to educate a brick :o

if you were a poor young thai gal with no prospects wouldnt you scam some poor old lonely fart for his life savings ? its so easy compared with slaving away all week for a few 1000 bahts .

i think some of the gals are just attractive stooges to encourage blokes to send off the money for the addresses and mail .If it develops into a cash haul then thats a bonus for them .

no doubt some have thai blokes pulling their strings for a bumper payout.

A friend has (does) use them, the results seem abysmal but other factors may be involved.

His "hits" that he falls for seem to be cookie cutter and unrealistic, all physically look like calendar pin-ups, attending a University, never been in a bar, etc,

He ends up sending $$ up front for various reasons, sets up the first "big date" but they never show, latter revealing family crisis, transportation problems, ... but ultimately connects him with her friend who to be polite is no pin-up.

Basically the old "Bait and Switch", by hook or crook he has met someone and is in the Visa process now so I wish him the best of luck. :o

Edited by cobra

I met my wife on match.com

We have been together for over 2 years now and we got married in July.

At the time, I was only using the site to meet possible friends in Thailand before comming here for a holiday, and after we first met, a relationship developed. Should we of not married just because we met on the net? I dont think so. I would have to say, the net is not the most innocent of all places to meet, and yes, there are many scammers on the net and people using the net to meet must be carefull. On the other hand, it makes it possible for people to meet who do not have other alternatives ( maybe you work strange hours, or you just want to make friends overseas before travelling to that country ) either way, my wife and i couldnt be happier. So yes, there are many success stories form couples that have met on the net, and sadly, there are also stories of many rip offs................I can say that I would deffiently rather get involved in a long term relationship with a girl from the internet rather than a " bar girl "

But how do you know that the girl from the internet isnt a bar girl too?? :o

Well it's a bit like any other guy claiming his girl is Hi So.

In the absense of evidence we have to take his word for it, we don't want to go upsetting people's feelings do we?!

The real truth is......Neeranam started this troll post and now he's sitting back laughing his arse off.
:o
if you were a poor young thai gal with no prospects wouldnt you scam some poor old lonely fart for his life savings ? its so easy compared with slaving away all week for a few 1000 bahts .

i think some of the gals are just attractive stooges to encourage blokes to send off the money for the addresses and mail .If it develops into a cash haul then thats a bonus for them .

I think I probably would, or take a holiday to Pattaya - not much difference really.

There are some with thai blokes(even husbands) pulling the strings - think about it 1 million baht+++ for a few months work.

A poor girl may earn about 1 million baht in her lifetime. Catch a farang with a pension of $2000 a month. Say he's 50 and lives 30 years - that's 30 million baht she and her family get.

Some may think that's not enough and take out some life insurance too - just a small amount like $100,000. The lucky ones can get half his pension too!

How much do you think you can earn in your lifetime? Multiply that by 50 - what would you do for that?

I met my wife on match.com

We have been together for over 2 years now and we got married in July.

At the time, I was only using the site to meet possible friends in Thailand before comming here for a holiday, and after we first met, a relationship developed. Should we of not married just because we met on the net? I dont think so. I would have to say, the net is not the most innocent of all places to meet, and yes, there are many scammers on the net and people using the net to meet must be carefull. On the other hand, it makes it possible for people to meet who do not have other alternatives ( maybe you work strange hours, or you just want to make friends overseas before travelling to that country ) either way, my wife and i couldnt be happier. So yes, there are many success stories form couples that have met on the net, and sadly, there are also stories of many rip offs................I can say that I would deffiently rather get involved in a long term relationship with a girl from the internet rather than a " bar girl "

But how do you know that the girl from the internet isnt a bar girl too?? :D

In the absense of evidence we have to take his word for it, we don't want to go upsetting people's feelings do we?!

Stop ribbing the Donz GH! One word to his pops in law and the whole site will be shut down, Hi So connections that boy. :D

Lefty gone to bed? I guess he's dreaming of being cemented into a wall. :o

The real truth is......Neeranam started this troll post and now he's sitting back laughing his arse off.
:o

I think I probably would, or take a holiday to Pattaya - not much difference really.

There are some with thai blokes(even husbands) pulling the strings - think about it 1 million baht+++ for a few months work.

A poor girl may earn about 1 million baht in her lifetime. Catch a farang with a pension of $2000 a month. Say he's 50 and lives 30 years - that's 30 million baht she and her family get.

Some may think that's not enough and take out some life insurance too - just a small amount like $100,000. The lucky ones can get half his pension too!

How much do you think you can earn in your lifetime? Multiply that by 50 - what would you do for that?

[/quot

Well certainly you better think of something cause your get rich quick poker scheme aint going to cut it

The way I see it is this...................

You guys go on and <deleted>' on about how great you are, how great and lucky your partner is, like she or he would have never survived without you..............................well, they would survive without you, just like they did before they met you, and just like they will after you are gone.

A guy with thousands of posts on an internet forum does not exactly reek of a socially adept person, it actually stinks of a guy with very few social skills who is inventing a new life via the internet.

Do you really believe that your partner is the luckiest person alive cos they met you ? :D

Be realistic and look at yourself more closely, take a good long look in the mirror and tell yourself that your partner is so fortunate to have met your sorry azz.

You guys are so socially adept, you count amongst your friends anonymous names on an internet forum, you know how sad that is ? :o

By the way, my girlfriend is very lucky to have met such a great guy like me, I'm quite sure she could never have survived another day without me................... :D

A guy with thousands of posts on an internet forum does not exactly reek of a socially adept person, it actually stinks of a guy with very few social skills who is inventing a new life via the internet.

Its funny, when I read the second line I got the distinct feeling that the poster was revealing his true self. :o

Good luck with that buddy. :D

Its funny, when I read the second line I got the distinct feeling that the poster was revealing his true self. :o

:D BKK blunt as ever mate!!!! :D

Edited by britmaveric

You guys are so socially adept, you count amongst your friends anonymous names on an internet forum, you know how sad that is ? :o

That's a really poor assumption, I have met a few of the people in here face to face and I haven't been around that long. I would expect that the longer term members have a higher frequency of visual contact.

Suggestion, when the date is set, come to the next meeting at The Blues Factory....... and bring the racoon :D

You got to be a complete moron to not use the net to find a partner. :o With this incredible tool you can fine tune your search to what you are looking for. :D You can also do the initial sorting of the potentials before meeting to avoid a lot of wasted time. Sure there are some scammers around but they exist everywhere.

The difference is that if you don’t use the net you have to run around town to bars, shopping centers or wherever you are looking for a partner and hope you run into someone that could be a compatible, how stupid is that. :D

The net is just a way to find someone what happens after that is the same as what happens after you meet someone on the street, in a bar or wherever.

The net just gives you thousands of more possibilities and a higher potential for success in whatever you are searching for. Got nothing to do with being socially adept, it's all about being smart and use the tools available. :D

But how do you know that the girl from the internet isnt a bar girl too?? :o

Good one GuestHouse!

You guys are so socially adept, you count amongst your friends anonymous names on an internet forum, you know how sad that is ? :D

That's a really poor assumption, I have met a few of the people in here face to face and I haven't been around that long. I would expect that the longer term members have a higher frequency of visual contact.

Suggestion, when the date is set, come to the next meeting at The Blues Factory....... and bring the racoon :D

but don't forget to bring ALL the women with you... :o

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=954454

but then again, there's smoking at The Blues Factory, so perhaps better just to stay home... :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...st&p=961130

You got to be a complete moron to not use the net to find a partner. :o With this incredible tool you can fine tune your search to what you are looking for. :D You can also do the initial sorting of the potentials before meeting to avoid a lot of wasted time. Sure there are some scammers around but they exist everywhere.

The difference is that if you don’t use the net you have to run around town to bars, shopping centers or wherever you are looking for a partner and hope you run into someone that could be a compatible, how stupid is that. :D

The net is just a way to find someone what happens after that is the same as what happens after you meet someone on the street, in a bar or wherever.

The net just gives you thousands of more possibilities and a higher potential for success in whatever you are searching for. Got nothing to do with being socially adept, it's all about being smart and use the tools available. :D

I would certainly agree with you and others who think it's a great tool. It's a great way of increasing one chances/opportunities, thus giving someone a better chance of finding the someone that really matches what they're looking for. I imagine lots of guys wouldn't have a problem meeting someone in person, but that person might be less than what they were really looking for if their standards are high. With the internet have a better chance of meeting someone that more closely matches their criteria.

However, having said that, the internet isn't for me. I initially met my wife in person and couldn't really see myself finding a wife on the internet. The reason being that for me the initial chemistry involved in the very first time your eyes meet is something that's lacking from internet introductions. There are so many intangibles that make up chemistry between two people which for me could never be captured in pictures and profiles on the net. But for some people, that initial chemistry isn't so important and maybe it can develop over time after meeting face-to-face.

So I think internet introductions are great for some people, but bad for others. To each their own.

However, having said that, the internet isn't for me. I initially met my wife in person and couldn't really see myself finding a wife on the internet. The reason being that for me the initial chemistry involved in the very first time your eyes meet is something that's lacking from internet introductions. There are so many intangibles that make up chemistry between two people which for me could never be captured in pictures and profiles on the net. But for some people, that initial chemistry isn't so important and maybe it can develop over time after meeting face-to-face.

So I think internet introductions are great for some people, but bad for others. To each their own.

well said.

we are all animals, picking up scents, evaluating eye contact and checking out the state of the fur. can't do that on a <deleted> profile

Can one of you suggest where I should list my profile, so far it is on adultfriendfinder, but no one replies?

'I luv you long time sexy Thai girlies

I am a 55 year old hansum man, with high paying english teaching job and solid and secure accomodation. It is made of bricks, and I have a chain around the door.

Some say I am cuddly, being that I am 140kg, and 4 foot 11 tall. My hairline has receded past low tide, and waist is presumed missing in action. I have previously been a famous movie star, appearing as an extra in two Thai advertisements for shampoo and beer. The hand in the chang ad 'bpen kon thai rue bplao' that is my friend. I am well known in Bangkok for great shoes, especially from some card dealing friends in the Sukhumvit area.

I am financially stable; in the last 20 years I have never had more than 1000b or less than 500b in the bank. I drink socially, and smoke antisocially.

I am sick of looking for love in the wrong places. All girls at Nana Plaza want money except for a few on the 1st and 2nd floor, who who something else. And money. I had a long term relationship of 3 days with a girl from Eden, and it didn't work out despite a multitude of positions and KY. It was so passionate, but now I want a genuine relationship. Are you my angel? Are you my silver medal?

I will treat you better than any Thai man; I can show you a life of luxury in my 22 sq m Onnut studio apartment with running water, 14 inch TV and basic 9000BTU aircon system including remote. You will dine on a plethora of foreign delicacies, such as Korean food, goong ga ta 89 baht. Every night.

I will treat you like a real lady, and will make special efforts to talk slower and louder using baby language in front of others, so people understand you aren't that good at speaking english, but that you are smart enough to say at least something. In the 5 years I have lived here, I have managed to learn about 10 words of Thai, and 50 Isaan swear words, so we can communicate in multiple languages. I am 'farang poot passar Thai gaeng mahk'

Only want girlies under age 20, no fatties. You must be between 154 - 155cm tall, weigh no more than 45kg, and I prefer skin without blemishes. No cripples or kids either. Please send photo

His nick gives him away LOL :D

well said.

we are all animals, picking up scents, evaluating eye contact and checking out the state of the fur. can't do that on a <deleted> profile

That initial chemistry is certainly important but the thing is that it's still there when you meet in person. The internet is just used to find a person you could click with. If the chemistry is not there when you meet you can move on, same as if you meet someone in a bar. The profile is just for the initial sorting after that you are back to the normal animal instincts.

The thing is internet gives you 1000's to select from, if you sit in a bar there would certainly be much less of a selection.

But like you say, to each their own.

Many of you seem to be missing the point – at least for me living here in Thailand. The point is not to chat online until I think I’m in love and marry that person sight unseen. The point is to determine if there is a reason to see each other for that first date. Then the chemistry and everything else takes place. It’s a common occurrence that the moment you see the person in person you know in an instant they are not for you. OK you’ve set up dinner and enjoy a talk but you know from the get-go that you won’t see this person again. Others you have that initial interest to know them more – and you do.

In Thailand online I've dated or at least gotten to know senior executives, owners of small companies, professionals such as nurses or IT managers. The backgrounds and experiences have been interesting; one women who speak 4 languages, several who are well-traveled and who have work overseas and on return to Thailand want a farang man. There are the MBAs and other advanced degrees. And even for the women where there was not interest I have had some interesting evenings – never really had one that was just painful boring. I have a few of the “no chemistry” that have similar professional interests and are part of my professional network in Thailand now and we trade emails sometimes about things. I just haven’t had a bad experience.

It's interesting that the harshest critics of online dating haven't tried it and have this assumption that it's all poor scam artists. And I can’t believe how judgmental people get about this and how sanctimonious they can be. And how oblivious they to the worldwide reality of Internet dating and how many millions of people are meeting like this every day. Sure there are lonely people out there doing stupid things online – falling in love with strangers, sending money, meeting people in unsafe ways and I suppose the Internet has made is easier. But those people and their behaviors existed well before the Internet.

It’s not the only way. It turns out I met my GF just in a random meeting. That happens also. But I’m glad I used the Internet and if I’m in the hunt again I’ll use it again – especially Thai Love Links.

Valjean

My Life in Thailand

Edited by Valjean

What I understand is that online dating is not for everyone. Maybe for some who are working long hours and dont go out to socialise, they turn to internet to look for the opposite sex. Some may be those who are shy but online they are more comfortable as the other party dont know how they look like.

some do find their mates....if that is what u call it....

interesting to read of their encounter........ but I read lots too get cheated........

pumpkin_pie :o

What I understand is that online dating is not for everyone. Maybe for some who are working long hours and dont go out to socialise, they turn to internet to look for the opposite sex.

That's just the point, especially in Thailand. Most women here don’t go out and socialize that much and most of the socializing they do is not accessible to farangs.

If you don't use internet you only have access to a very smal portion of an otherwise available population.

What I understand is that online dating is not for everyone. Maybe for some who are working long hours and dont go out to socialise, they turn to internet to look for the opposite sex.

That's just the point, especially in Thailand. Most women here don’t go out and socialize that much and most of the socializing they do is not accessible to farangs.

If you don't use internet you only have access to a very smal portion of an otherwise available population.

zzz, what does that word means? sorry m new here :D

pumpkin_pie :o

You got to be a complete moron to not use the net to find a partner. :D With this incredible tool you can fine tune your search to what you are looking for. :D You can also do the initial sorting of the potentials before meeting to avoid a lot of wasted time. Sure there are some scammers around but they exist everywhere.

well said.

Right. We're all animals. Some of us are dolphins......others are......

TURKEYS :o