Online Dating Agencies

Neeranam

I met my wife on match.com

We have been together for over 2 years now and we got married in July.

At the time, I was only using the site to meet possible friends in Thailand before comming here for a holiday, and after we first met, a relationship developed. Should we of not married just because we met on the net? I dont think so. I would have to say, the net is not the most innocent of all places to meet, and yes, there are many scammers on the net and people using the net to meet must be carefull. On the other hand, it makes it possible for people to meet who do not have other alternatives ( maybe you work strange hours, or you just want to make friends overseas before travelling to that country ) either way, my wife and i couldnt be happier. So yes, there are many success stories form couples that have met on the net, and sadly, there are also stories of many rip offs................I can say that I would deffiently rather get involved in a long term relationship with a girl from the internet rather than a " bar girl "

But how do you know that the girl from the internet isnt a bar girl too?? :o

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time, I was only using the site to meet possible friends in Thailand before comming here for a holiday, and after we first met, a relationship developed. Should we of not married just because we met on the net? I dont think so. I would have to say, the net is not the most innocent of all places to meet, and yes, there are many scammers on the net and people using the net to meet must be carefull. On the other hand, it makes it possible for people to meet who do not have other alternatives ( maybe you work strange hours, or you just want to make friends overseas before travelling to that country ) either way, my wife and i couldnt be happier. So yes, there are many success stories form couples that have met on the net, and sadly, there are also stories of many rip offs................I can say that I would deffiently rather get involved in a long term relationship with a girl from the internet rather than a " bar girl "

But how do you know that the girl from the internet isnt a bar girl too?? :D

How do you know.....for SURE.......100%......that YOUR girl wasn't a BG before you met her? :o

i find the idea of any man living in thailand having to use dating sites to meet women as completely prepostrous.

every time you walk down the street you are surrounded by the most beautiful women on earth.

you will almost certainly be more financially well-off than most of them

thai women love western men who respect them

why would anyone go on the internet????

i know some people are shy, but the dice are so heavily loaded in our favour anyway then you'd have to be a serious misfit to need to hide behind a computer screen

Edited by leftcross

i find the idea of any man living in thailand having to use dating sites to meet women as completely prepostrous.

every time you walk down the street you are surrounded by the most beautiful women on earth.

i know some people are shy, but the dice are so heavily loaded in our favour anyway then you'd have to be a serious misfit to need to hide behind a computer screen

lol........why limit yourself to the women in your general area :o With the internet you can meet women from all over the world......

signed,

serious misfit

I was in Oz when I met my girl on the net, not in Thailand. Obviously no one living in Thailand would need to use the net to meet a girl.

And maybe my girl was a bar girl? It wouldnt bother me, but anyone who met her would think otherwise...........................

I mean I would rather take my chances marrying a girl that I origianl met of the the internet, rather than being like some that have married the girl that they once paid to have sex with that they met in a bar in pattaya or patpong.

And what make you think that any girl you meet anywhere ( in uni, in the mall, at work, etc.... ) is not or was not a bar girl?

why would i want to meet someone somewhere else in the world????

how about meeting someone, gulp, near where you live? then perhaps, gulp, you could have a real relationship with them....

When I was living in Chiang Mai.....gulp.....I did date girls there.....gulp......then I met a girl I liked chatting with on the internet who.....gulp.....happened to live in Udon Thani. Now she's my ...............gulp.............wife.

Did you ever stop to thing your soulmate might not be living close to where you live? Better yet, do you ever stop to think? :o

I was in Oz when I met my girl on the net, not in Thailand. Obviously no one living in Thailand would need to use the net to meet a girl.

And maybe my girl was a bar girl? It wouldnt bother me, but anyone who met her would think otherwise...........................

I mean I would rather take my chances marrying a girl that I origianl met of the the internet, rather than being like some that have married the girl that they once paid to have sex with that they met in a bar in pattaya or patpong.

And what make you think that any girl you meet anywhere ( in uni, in the mall, at work, etc.... ) is not or was not a bar girl?

excellent post. :D

why would i want to meet someone somewhere else in the world????

how about meeting someone, gulp, near where you live? then perhaps, gulp, you could have a real relationship with them....

When I was living in Chiang Mai.....gulp.....I did date girls there.....gulp......then I met a girl I liked chatting with on the internet who.....gulp.....happened to live in Udon Thani. Now she's my ...............gulp.............wife.

Did you ever stop to thing your soulmate might not be living close to where you live? Better yet, do you ever stop to think? :o

:D:D

100% spot on - if you need the internet in Thailand for dating purposes then smth is seriously wrong. It's one of the easiest places in the world to meet/date ladies. :o

Edited by britmaveric

100% spot on - if you need the internet in Thailand for dating purposes then smth is seriously wrong. It's one of the easiest places in the world to meet/date ladies. :o

I think alot of people use it as an extra way of meeting women, not the only way.

chatting on the internet to meet women in thailand reeks of a complete lack of social skills

you didnt see you future wife and think WOW she's beautiful.

you didn't feel nervous about approaching her but then decided you HAD TO because you knew you couldn't live with yourself if you didn't.

you didn't see her smile for the first time when you spoke to her as you both started to find out about each other.

you just logged on and chatted over the internet. that's not for me.

Edited by leftcross

chatting on the internet to meet women in thailand reeks of a complete lack of social skills

you didn't feel nervous about approaching her but then decided you HAD TO because you knew you couldn't live with yourself if you didn't.

you didn't see her smile for the first time when you spoke to her as you both started to find out about each other.

But it is for some people, live and let live lefty.

I think alot of people use it as an extra way of meeting women, not the only way.

Yea, and I think some people are too limited in brain power to understand that fact. I still stay in touch with a Thai girl I met on the internet (yes a dating site) while still living in the US. We traveled here in Thailand together for a week or so (nothing sexual). She's a great friend; the 'dating sites' are really mis-named because all sorts of relationships can develop. There is a huge difference in 'needing' :D the internet for dating purposes and using it as a tool to meet people you couldn't meet otherwise.

Oh well....maybe I'm wrong....guess I'll have to tell the wife it's over because I met her on the internet so something is just not right.................. :D

BTW; the number of times I've had farang ask me "where can I find a girl just like yours" ........well I lost count......... :D

I only hope others are as happy as I am regardless of where/how they met their Thai partner.

Besides chatting on the msn to a girl brings the new world of dating nervousness, what smiley to use? Should I wear my blue shirt or the brown one for the webcam? Have I been typing 'LOL' too much, I don't want to look over eager? After out first chat, should I email her? If so, the next day, next week?

:o

i do live and let live but this is a discussion forum so i've added my thoughts. they arent worth any more or any less than those of the next person.

not being able to meet women for real in thailand is an absolute joke though.

i wonder what all these ''chatters'' would have done before the internet was invented..... might have had to open the door and, gulp, face the real world

So I guess you've never seen someone on television that made you think 'wow I'd like to meet them'. Or listen to someone like Diana Krall sing and think how cool it would be to meet her; see what she's really like.......you're very limited in your thinking.......reeks of a small mind.

I saw my wife's pic on the internet and I thought WOW she's pretty hot I want to talk to her and see if we have anything in common.......I guess we did.......together now for over a year.

The women I met in Thailand the 'old fashioned way' were for the most part okay but nothing really clicked.

Whenever I read posts like yours I'm reminded of what my mom used to say from time to time......"live and let live"..........think about it :D

there is no point explaining it to you, you just don't get it.

i would say somebody with a small mind would be unable to meet women in real life in a country that is perhaps the easiest place on the planet for a western man to meet desirable women.

keeping looking through the lense my friend.....it all looks so much easier from back there eh??

Did you ever stop to thing your soulmate might not be living close to where you live? Better yet, do you ever stop to think? :D

i do live and let live but this is a discussion forum so i've added my thoughts. they arent worth any more or any less than those of the next person.

not being able to meet women for real in thailand is an absolute joke though.

i wonder what all these ''chatters'' would have done before the internet was invented..... might have had to open the door and, gulp, face the real world

No....you're the joke for making an assumption about people you've never met......you must be a youngster because I WAS around before the internet was used......I never lacked for dance partners :D

BTW; 2 guys I worked with back in the states both went through divorces. Both were 'players' (for lack of a better term) who were very outgoing and popular. Funny thng Mr. leftcross, their current wives they met on the internet and those relationships are still going strong.......... :o

You need to read this post again, leftcross. That's the point they (and I) are trying to make.

My friend is a good-looking, nice, polite, smart, and financially secure Englishman. He has never had a problem meeting girls in Bangkok (in fact, he's introduced so many of his dates to me I can't remember). But he's been on a Dating Website also. Obviously not because he can't get a girl offline (can't get rid of them, more like), but he wants to increase his chances of meeting girls.

Besides chatting on the msn to a girl brings the new world of dating nervousness, what smiley to use? Should I wear my blue shirt or the brown one for the webcam? Have I been typing 'LOL' too much, I don't want to look over eager? After out first chat, should I email her? If so, the next day, next week?

:D

bkk.......good one. :o:D

i would say somebody with a small mind would be unable to meet women in real life in a country that is perhaps the easiest place on the planet for a western man to meet desirable women.

That's a very fair point Lefty, this is one of the easiest countires for a western man to meet a woman.

I wonder if people back in England would consider you a social misfit because you came to a country where it's so easy to find a woman?

Why do people meet women on the net? Why did you come to Thailand to find a wife? You see how easy it is to make assumptions don't you?

The net just makes it even easier so really, why not?

Yeah yeah yeah, I agree the little glances, the first smile and all that and to be honest in my gut I'd always rather meet a woman in real life, ity's a lot more fun. But surely if people meet a woman of the net when they meet her in real life for the first time they will also have this romantic experience.

But how do you know that the girl from the internet isnt a bar girl too?? :o

Donz

I would personally like to congratulate you on possibly the most insightful post you have probably made....ever.

Yep, we have heard the stories (recently in fact) about the girl who gets on her motorcy and drives to the nearest internet access point to put her details on www.meloveyoulongtime.com .... that does happen, I know it does, sometimes I help them with their English, and then after several weeks of wasted time they end up on a bus heading west.... sad, but true.

If they are closer to the central tourist spots, a taxi will probably be cheaper.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that all the available females that sign up for these sites have been previously involved or end up being involved with the 'entertainment industry' but a fair percentage do.

I wonder if people back in England would consider you a social misfit because you came to a country where it's so easy to find a woman?

came here on a work contract

Why do people meet women on the net?

because they are losers

Why did you come to Thailand to find a wife? You see how easy it is to make assumptions don't you?

no

The net just makes it even easier so really, why not?

because it's sad

Yeah yeah yeah, I agree the little glances, the first smile and all that and to be honest in my gut I'd always rather meet a woman in real life, ity's a lot more fun. But surely if people meet a woman of the net when they meet her in real life for the first time they will also have this romantic experience.

you know in your heart it's fake

there is no point explaining it to you, you just don't get it.

keeping looking through the lense my friend.....it all looks so much easier from back there eh??

:o Oh, I get it now. You're either dense or playing wind-up. Since no one is that dense I figure wind-up attempt.

You need to read this post again, leftcross. That's the point they (and I) are trying to make.

My friend is a good-looking, nice, polite, smart, and financially secure Englishman. He has never had a problem meeting girls in Bangkok (in fact, he's introduced so many of his dates to me I can't remember). But he's been on a Dating Website also. Obviously not because he can't get a girl offline (can't get rid of them, more like), but he wants to increase his chances of meeting girls.

You're wasting your time LovelyCutie. I think leftcross has been hit with too many right hooks.....he can't understand simple English statements.......pity...... :D

I still have Thai girls come on to me; EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW I'M MARRIED!! But the wife keeps me on a short rope.........