Online Dating Agencies

Neeranam

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't you considering setting one of these dating sites up a year or so back Neeranam?

Yep. There's too many people trying to do it now, around Isarn anyway.

I'm glad I didn't get into it. For every success story I'm sure there's more failures.

Anyone got experience?

Why would anyone use those sites??? It seems to me far easier to just go out and meet someone.
Take a look at somw of the photos and you'll see why.

I’ve used Thai Love Links some – mostly about a year ago. Cost $25 per month and I think it’s great. Met some very wonderful women, some who remain close friends to this day. Some never more than chatting (at some point you exchange MSN addresses and don’t use TLL funky chat), some maybe a meal once, some friendships. I’ve seen them get boyfriends, one get married and move to the US.

I will say that I mostly filtered for college graduates and looked for people with good jobs. I’m +50 and looked mostly for women mid-30’s and with kids (don’t need any biological time bombs going off). And because I live in Bangkok I looked for women who live here.

I don’t like going bars to meet women – even upscale ones with white color hi-so or whatever you want to call non-BG. I like having a chance to know someone online, chat some, exchange photos, talk on the phone. If the vibe and info looks good it’s easy to arrange a dinner. I’d say 30% of the time, especially with sub-30 year old women, they bring a friend along the first date which is OK.

My experience was that more than a few sub-30 women contacted me when I was looking for someone older but I thought “what the heck” In fact a few became good friends and buddies for doing things around town and weekend trips. As someone who wasn’t really focused on a serious relationship but do enjoy continuing friendships they seem less worried about snagging the man and happy to just have some fun times. Haven’t had issues with asking for money. Sure I’m a sugar daddy – that’s the fun part.

If you are looking for first date sex I don’t think this is the best place to look but it has happened to me. There are some women happy to just to have a friend for movie or dinner – maybe things get more intimate over time. Same as any dating in Thailand once you’ve had your first dates. And some are really hard core to find a serious relationship. Just depends what you are looking for.

I can tell you from talking to a bunch of these women that they HATE men who get online and talk dirty and think this is some sort of BG service and chat room. Too many men think that Thai women are just sitting online waiting for sexy chat or some bloke who’s expects to have someone meet him at the airport and straight to the hotel based on a 5 min. chat. These are in my experience 100% sincere nice women looking for a man – to date, to marry, whatever. But not for quick sex and money.

For me it was great and I recommend it. I haven’t run into any BGs using this as a screen. But have your filters up and be smart. Same as meeting women anywhere.

Valjean

<link removed>

Edited by Totster

In a previous life 'yes' very much so and for five years of my life my internet dating antics took me all over the world, specifically to:

Poland, Bulgaria (3 times), Hungary, Moscow, Italy, Croatia, Japan, Thailand, The USA, Singapore, China, the Philippines, Sarawak, and Indonesia (3 times)

All to meet nice Internet dating ladies all looking for marriage and all as mad as hatters.

I must write a book about it one day as it was the most interesting 5 years of my life :o

I don't trust them. I know some people who use them - there are a lot of scamming Thai women. I've known old guys to lose their savings in a year or so. Be careful!

Someone pointed out that you were thinking of opening a similar site a year or so ago. :D

You say you know old guys lose their savings in a year or so to scamming Thai women. :D

Why did you want to open such a site then? :D

You know what I think, you missed the boat and have sour grapes against a guy that actually did open a site and is probably doing well, now you say its all bad and people should not use such sites.

Bit similar to your rants about Pick ups and 4WD's, you know what I think, you would like a Toyota Fortuna, but you ain't got the dosh to buy one, so anyone who has one must have a small appendage..... :D

More sour grapes me thinks......... :o

Did the guy that opened an introduction website make enough money to buy a 4WD Fortuner...... :D:D

Now that would really pizz you off eh ?

I don't trust them. I know some people who use them - there are a lot of scamming Thai women. I've known old guys to lose their savings in a year or so. Be careful!

Someone pointed out that you were thinking of opening a similar site a year or so ago. :D

You say you know old guys lose their savings in a year or so to scamming Thai women. :D

Why did you want to open such a site then? :D

You know what I think, you missed the boat and have sour grapes against a guy that actually did open a site and is probably doing well, now you say its all bad and people should not use such sites.

Bit similar to your rants about Pick ups and 4WD's, you know what I think, you would like a Toyota Fortuna, but you ain't got the dosh to buy one, so anyone who has one must have a small appendage..... :D

More sour grapes me thinks......... :o

Did the guy that opened an introduction website make enough money to buy a 4WD Fortuner...... :D:D

Now that would really pizz you off eh ?

Haha.........yup, Neeranam certainly has a hard on for anyone with a 4WD, that's for sure.

Creeper, I'm also sure old Neeranam would love a Toyota Fortuna also, great motor, why would he not want one?

Haha.........yup, Neeranam certainly has a hard on for anyone with a 4WD, that's for sure.

Creeper, I'm also sure old Neeranam would love a Toyota Fortuna also, great motor, why would he not want one?

I would like a Toyota Fortuna - I agree thay are good vehicles. If I had the money though I'd probably buy a Range Rover rather than one of them. It's pick-ups that I don't like. :o

Someone pointed out that you were thinking of opening a similar site a year or so ago.

You say you know old guys lose their savings in a year or so to scamming Thai women.

Why did you want to open such a site then?

This was before I took everything into consideration. No sour grapes at all, I'm simply sharing my knowledge about these sites and telling people to be careful. I also have a couple of friends who had a wonderful experience with these sites, especially Thai Love Links.

Edited by Neeranam

I've read two pretty good reports on these sites. One by Stickman the other in the Bangkok Metro Magazine a few years back.

Both support what Valjean says, which I think is a well balanced view of how these sites work.

The Bangkok Metro report in particular warned of something else. A significant number of the girls are not girls at all, there are as we might expect a number of ladies of the second order lurking there but there are also quite a number of foreign guys prettending to be Thai women (what's that about I wonder).

I can't claim to have accidentily, stumbled without realizing into one of these sites.

I like a lot of guys went and had a look to see what they are about. You certainly find some lovely looking girls there, you also find some very good reasons to learn Thai.

Going back to what Valjean says, I think its true that no woman likes a guy talking dirty to them. And sadly very many Thai women have this experience of foreigners viewing them as sex objects, I've witnessed guys aproaching Thai women with a mouth full of filth on the highstreet in Farangland , I have absolutely no doubt that the one handed typing brigade do the same on internet chat/dating websites.

That sadly reflects on every last one of us.

Why would anyone use those sites??? :o It seems to me far easier to just go out and meet someone. :D

I can meet someone online before you can finish your shower getting ready to go out lol. A LOT EASIER to meet people online. An added bonus; you get to see what they look like before starting a chat. Nothing like a friend setting you up with a blind date that turns out to be a booger. :D

I’ve used Thai Love Links some – mostly about a year ago. Cost $25 per month and I think it’s great. Met some very wonderful women, some who remain close friends to this day. Some never more than chatting (at some point you exchange MSN addresses and don’t use TLL funky chat), some maybe a meal once, some friendships. I’ve seen them get boyfriends, one get married and move to the US.

I will say that I mostly filtered for college graduates and looked for people with good jobs. I’m +50 and looked mostly for women mid-30’s and with kids (don’t need any biological time bombs going off). And because I live in Bangkok I looked for women who live here.

I don’t like going bars to meet women – even upscale ones with white color hi-so or whatever you want to call non-BG. I like having a chance to know someone online, chat some, exchange photos, talk on the phone. If the vibe and info looks good it’s easy to arrange a dinner. I’d say 30% of the time, especially with sub-30 year old women, they bring a friend along the first date which is OK.

My experience was that more than a few sub-30 women contacted me when I was looking for someone older but I thought “what the heck” In fact a few became good friends and buddies for doing things around town and weekend trips. As someone who wasn’t really focused on a serious relationship but do enjoy continuing friendships they seem less worried about snagging the man and happy to just have some fun times. Haven’t had issues with asking for money. Sure I’m a sugar daddy – that’s the fun part.

If you are looking for first date sex I don’t think this is the best place to look but it has happened to me. There are some women happy to just to have a friend for movie or dinner – maybe things get more intimate over time. Same as any dating in Thailand once you’ve had your first dates. And some are really hard core to find a serious relationship. Just depends what you are looking for.

I can tell you from talking to a bunch of these women that they HATE men who get online and talk dirty and think this is some sort of BG service and chat room. Too many men think that Thai women are just sitting online waiting for sexy chat or some bloke who’s expects to have someone meet him at the airport and straight to the hotel based on a 5 min. chat. These are in my experience 100% sincere nice women looking for a man – to date, to marry, whatever. But not for quick sex and money.

For me it was great and I recommend it. I haven’t run into any BGs using this as a screen. But have your filters up and be smart. Same as meeting women anywhere.

Valjean

I met my wife thru TLL. One year together and going strong. Actually there are a lot of really nice people on TLL (along with a few of the usual scammers). You gotta be careful no matter where you meet someone; bar, internet, coffe shop, mall, it doesn't matter.

These internet dating sites actually solve a huge logistics problem. How does a poor, decent Thai girl living in a tiny village meet a farang? Not practical to drive the motorcycle 200Km round trip to 'hang around' at the mall in hopes of meeting someone. In my wife's village she observed that the few farang there seemed to treat their Thai wives well. She decided she wanted a farang husband. The only solution for her was to drive her motorcycle the 15Km to a small town that had internet. She asked the owner's what was a good site to join to meet farang. They told her TLL and the rest is history.

So my experience has been a good one. Perhaps I've also been a little lucky; who knows? My wife is lovely, very religious, hates bars/drinking/drugs, is conservative with our money. She cooks, cleans, takes good care of me. She reads/writes/speaks English well. She wanted to go to University but the family had little money so she had to work in the family business.

Why did I want a poor village girl? Simple. I've been fairly successful, retired at 48. I can use the money and business skills I've acquired to support a lovely (young :D ) wife and to help her family.

Coming from a poor background she appreciates everything I do for her tenfold.

I agree with everything Valjean said.

Do you know any Thai women who are NOT scaming? I haven't met any in the 2 years I have lived in LOS. They all want money. The more the better. Often give you nothing in return.

Yes, every Thai woman I know is a "non-scammer".

Do you know any Thai women who are NOT scaming? I haven't met any in the 2 years I have lived in LOS. They all want money. The more the better. Often give you nothing in return.

If you've only met scammers it seems like you have wasted a couple of years in Thailand. Plenty of good women out there.

Edited by bkkmadness

2 years you have not managed to meet any Thai women who are not just after your money?

What's wrong with you then?

never a truer word spoken... of every girl that you meet in a bar even the ones with good jobs and homes still go looking for a bit of extra cash from wherever they can get it... why would anyone trust someone they met in an bar. at least on the internet there's a slim chance you may meet some genuine people... let's have more of it I say and free for all ...yes..that's what Im talking about.

:o

why would anyone trust someone they met in an bar.

I agree, I always advise Thai girls never to trust any Farang they meet in a bar.

touche!!!

and that's the rub... they have had bad experiences as well. Lots of A-holes coming over from everywhere!!! So what are the odds of meeting someone untainted and true exactly...??

:o

Edited by ourmanflint

:o:D

Well im sure there is nice people on those sites, probaly alot of people dont have much confidence in themselves and cant pick girls up in a shopping center etc.

Im sure some guys in there just want a bang and many girls want a scam, will be &lt;deleted&gt; on there i guess.

But just like in the real world, you got to be careful on who you talk to and want to have a relationship with.

I met my wife on match.com

We have been together for over 2 years now and we got married in July.

At the time, I was only using the site to meet possible friends in Thailand before comming here for a holiday, and after we first met, a relationship developed. Should we of not married just because we met on the net? I dont think so. I would have to say, the net is not the most innocent of all places to meet, and yes, there are many scammers on the net and people using the net to meet must be carefull. On the other hand, it makes it possible for people to meet who do not have other alternatives ( maybe you work strange hours, or you just want to make friends overseas before travelling to that country ) either way, my wife and i couldnt be happier. So yes, there are many success stories form couples that have met on the net, and sadly, there are also stories of many rip offs................I can say that I would deffiently rather get involved in a long term relationship with a girl from the internet rather than a " bar girl "