KFC no longer delivers french fries!

rexall

Quite apart from the health issues, their fries do not travel at all well. Like cardboard once they have gone cold - even the microwave or an expensive oven blast does not redeem them. Sensible policy - if they can't develop a better travelling fry within their price point (ie dirt cheap).

I make my own fries for the family if I bring back fried chicken. I try not to touch the stuff myself but can't get the message across, without it becoming a major domestic!

Duplicates from me due to one of those

"sorry you don't have permission for that" ..... messages

Unwarranted as I have posted only one message prior today. Last time it happened I deleted one of the two messages and 2 minutes later I had no messages. Some odd glitch in ThaiVs system methinks.

While you are waiting for your delivery - wash a big potato, prick it a few times with a fork, stick it in the microwave for 5-6 minutes (depends on size), when it is just cool enough to handle cut it into half inch chunks (that's about 1.3 cm), place in a bowl (not red plastic, obviously), add a couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise and fine slices of spring onion, season with salt and pepper, stir.

Leave the skin on the potato - that is the only healthy part.

That sounds suspiciously like cooking to me!

I love local food - but sometimes you just need some chicken and fries. The KFC delivery site has some good offers that are not available in the stores too.

But I do prefer their mash to their fries.

Cole slaw is the main reason I go to KFC. I can take or leave their fries.

Out of curiosity, is their online delivery system English friendly?

I have never seen cole slaw in a KFC in Thailand just their shyt corn salad.bah.gif

I get it all the time. Tuna/corn salad and mashed potatoes they can keep.

• 3 weeks later...

Cole slaw is the main reason I go to KFC. I can take or leave their fries.

Out of curiosity, is their online delivery system English friendly?

Yeah, the website is in Engarishe. It is initially a little bit confusing, but pretty well-designed actually. Once you figure out the eccentricities, it's quick and easy. That's the problem. I get done with a shift at 1:00 pm and am already famished. I pop over to the website, place the order, put it on my credit card, and they guy is here on his motorbike usually in 15 min. I don't even have to hassle exchanging cash; just give him a tip, grab my death-food and "enjoy." It makes it too easy to be lazy.

Thanks for confirming what p1ssed me off a couple of weeks ago - trying to find the french fries on their new menu.

Yes, their french fries are crap compared to Burger King, but better than nothing. In fact, I used to get KFC wing zap and take them to Burger king at Central, Phuket, and get BK's french fries. But now Burger King has given up trying to make money and moved out.