Dead private's mother wants alleged perpetrators to apologise in front of his body

webfact

Dead private's mother wants alleged perpetrators to apologise her son

0604008-wpcf_728x409.jpg

YALA: -- The mother of an army private beaten to death allegedly by his six superiors has vowed not to cremate his dead son unless the six perpetrators make an apology in front of his body.

Mrs Chitra Chormanee, 46, said Wednesday that the cremation of his 23-year old son, Pvt Songthem Moodmud, who was based at Payak barrack in Yala’s Bannang Sata district was scheduled on April 9 at his hometown in Nakon Si Thammarat.

She said she wished the six perpetrators to apologize in front of her son’s body. She assured that they would not be harmed.

However, Mrs Chitra said she would not cremate her son as scheduled if the six officers decline to apologise her son and would bring the coffin to the Government House to seek justice from the prime minister.

She then told the media that Songtham was her only son and he volunteered to join the army because he loved military career. After having served two years in Yala, she said Songtham volunteered to stay on.

She further said that her son had become more disciplined and loved the family after he joined the army. He also sent all his money back to the family every month, she added.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/158541

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-07

This story makes me so sad and angry. He's a young guy who's volunteered to join the army. Serving in a place like Yala. This guy deserves genuine respect, but what does he get? Beaten to death and what would appear zero justice.

Yet, there are extremely wealthy people in the army who've done nothing of any importance. Achieved nothing. Actually, quite the opposite. They pillaged from their country and people and they get wyed up the Dixie. Degenerate <deleted>.

I am amazed that to apologise is a request of any person close to the deseased, as result of a death under these circumstances.

In Thailnd what does '' I am sorry", really mean, when it comes from people of higher social / authority? It similiar to '' excuse me'' when you bump into someone by accident, you apologise, if you damage a borrowed item, drop and break a dish, etc a ''I am sorry is accepted with no news coverage.

When as a group, you beat a man to death, do you think for them to utter '' I am sorry'' will change anything for the deceased or the family. I was told 25 + years ago that a farang will never understand Thai thinking /mentality, and any who say they do need to pack up and leave. This came from a farang who lived in Thailand since 1944. He lived here until he died of natural causes in 2009 and would always ask if I understood yet. When I said no, he said you are getting along in good shape then.

Superstitious and silly request to "apologise" as it doesn't bring her son back and helps those who perpetrated the crime 'feel better' that they apologised to his ghost.

Forget the superstitious nonsense and punish the wrongdoers and ensure it NEVER happens again

Edited by LannaGuy

I am amazed that to apologise is a request of any person close to the deseased, as result of a death under these circumstances.

In Thailnd what does '' I am sorry", really mean, when it comes from people of higher social / authority? It similiar to '' excuse me'' when you bump into someone by accident, you apologise, if you damage a borrowed item, drop and break a dish, etc a ''I am sorry is accepted with no news coverage.

When as a group, you beat a man to death, do you think for them to utter '' I am sorry'' will change anything for the deceased or the family. I was told 25 + years ago that a farang will never understand Thai thinking /mentality, and any who say they do need to pack up and leave. This came from a farang who lived in Thailand since 1944. He lived here until he died of natural causes in 2009 and would always ask if I understood yet. When I said no, he said you are getting along in good shape then.

Spot on. Generally speaking their thinking is at least 180 degrees away from ours, and as much as some Farang think they can influence change's in their thinking, such change's will remain fractional in real terms.

It has little to do with saying "I am sorry" it is about gaining face which like it or not is very important here. I hope the family get their request.

Superstitious and silly request to "apologise" as it doesn't bring her son back and helps those who perpetrated the crime 'feel better' that they apologised to his ghost.

Forget the superstitious nonsense and punish the wrongdoers and ensure it NEVER happens again

This is Thailand, her son very well may come back to life.

Be fair - they are generally a superstitious people who can't leave it behind. That said, any 'apology' should only be to earn them a little time off the stiff prison sentences they deserve.

As an aside, if I were the parent of such a victim, I would remove the flag from the coffin and... Well I'm sure you can guess the rest.

Edited by baboon

Be fair - they are generally a superstitious people who can't leave it behind. That said, any 'apology' should only be to earn them a little time off the stiff prison sentences they deserve.

As an aside, if I were the parent of such a victim, I would remove the flag from the coffin and... Well I'm sure you can guess the rest.

That's true but apologising for murder never quite 'fits the bill'. The young lad loses his life and we have to go through some sort of charade? remember the ghost who conveniently 'forgave' the girl who killed him in a car crash?

Punish the scum who did this and, 30 to 45 days in jail is a joke, and put in procedures so it never happens again. All the rest around this is 'noise' that defocuses the real issue of bullying. RiP