Annual car servicing

hitthegroundrunning

Isn't there more than one Mitsubishi dealer in Phuket? Just go to another one. The parts that need changing are listed in your owners manual or the service book. Usually oil, oil filter. Sometimes air filter. Depends on the kilometers on the odo. And other parts like tires and brakes need replacing when worn.

You don't have to agree to change any parts that you don't want. They can't change anything that you didn't ask for... and if they do anyways then refuse to pay and let them put the original parts back on.

Just curious, what parts did they try to change that you think they shouldn't?

Isn't there more than one Mitsubishi dealer in Phuket? Just go to another one. The parts that need changing are listed in your owners manual or the service book. Usually oil, oil filter. Sometimes air filter. Depends on the kilometers on the odo. And other parts like tires and brakes need replacing when worn.

You don't have to agree to change any parts that you don't want. They can't change anything that you didn't ask for... and if they do anyways then refuse to pay and let them put the original parts back on.

Just curious, what parts did they try to change that you think they shouldn't?

Hi Eisfeld, this was in Bangkok. One dealer tried to charge me 40,000 baht and gave me a list in Thai. When asked for English version, they refused. Another dealer tried a 20,000 or so charge, including changing the exhaust which had just been replaced. Took it to a local garage, and they serviced everything for under 3000. No problems since.

Check out SN Auto Service on Chao Fa Road West, near the road that goes up to the Big Buddha.

The owner used to be the workshop foreman for the main Nissan dealer before branching out for himself, he's been servicing my cars for over a dozen years now and has not let me down yet.