Locals Outraged at Tourists Who Camped on Chiang Mai’s Historical Wall

snoop1130

Locals Outraged at Tourists Who Camped on Chiang Mai’s Historical Wall
Chiang Mai News

hippy-tourists-camp-on-wall.jpg

CityNews – Two tourists were photographed camping on the historical wall of Chiang Mai, causing the photo to go viral and netizens left outraged, asking why nobody stopped them.

On April 5, Facebook used SK Ylinevert posted a photo of two tourists who had set up a tent on the wall near Ku Hueang Corner.

The post soon went viral, with many people commenting on how rude and inconsiderate the tourists were, and asking why they ignored the signs found around the city in English, Chinese and Thai warning people to keep off the historical wall.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/locals-outraged-at-tourists-who-camped-on-chiang-mais-historical-wall/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-04-07

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai people need to learn respect is earned not given,

Shirtless, and apparently witless.

Zip it up lad .. your racism is hanging out.

Fresh young people, they will hopefully go far in their lives, breaking the rules sometimes to achieve what you want when it's a great experience and not hurting anyone is the way to live... rock on !

...and off course I expect they would be apologetic and quietly move out when made aware of the emotional travesty they are causing on the fragile Thai people by obscuring a tourist attraction...

Looks like these two are the ultimate cheap-arse western backpackers. I knew of one jerk who went hiking around Asia; I think he was too cheap to buy a bicycle. He considered himself the ultimate haggler when he managed to buy a loaf of bread off some poor Indian peddler for less than it was worth. These two must be his kids and I'm sure he's very proud of them.

Now there's something the CM government and tourist industry "captains" should be very concerned about in the future - the emergence of the Chinese backpacker market.

Millions arrive, only pennies spent and not in the conduit created (in China or Thailand)!

personally having seen the signs, these people should be immediately kicked out stamped not to return, they then might just realise how ride, ignorant in insensitive they are to the locals.

And at least sentenced to death ... no ? facepalm.gif

At least they don't look western

I don't know, the guy has something of the trustafarian about him.

Well, that won't stop Chiang Mai people from making vicious comments about Westerners because they are among the most racist, bigotted, homophobic, conservative, parochial locals I have met in this country. Give them a reason, any reason, to rant against Westerners and they will go for it with a vengeance.

I always hear people around here talking about 'the Thais' as if they were a homogenous people, but they're not. Not in the least. The differences between Esarn, the North, Bangkok and the South are huge, and the ones that earned Thailand the label 'Land of Smiles' were Esarn people, who are the most numerous and also the poorest.

In the North I have met some nice people of course, but on the whole I'd say that their hatred and contempt for white people is often palpable, and smiles are scarce, especially in Chiangmai.

Archived