New Mercedes AMG A45 - 381 bhp - Thai Performance bargain - Discuss

Pdaz

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just not so keen on the 'still just a hot hatch' even if a very hot one indeed.

Would trade a little power and get something nice looking like the grey imported Audi TT RS 2.5 with quattro and about 340 hp. Should be plenty fast and has the looks at around 4.2m as well new.

I missed out on a mint 2012 2.5 TT-RS last year.. Full stainless Miltek system and a stage two re-map... it was 3 Million ! bu99er !

Biggest problem with Audis here is they have very bad depreciation.. Thais don't seem keen at all...

My current car is a TT Quattro. Bilsteins, Re-map, larger intercooler and larger bore downpipe and system.. Close to 300bhp and 6 speed manual.

But it's getting long in the tooth despite having less that 30K Kms. It seems very hard to replace at a reasonable cost. sad.png

Golf R, Audi RS or the Merc.... Hmmmmmmm

I would avoid Audi at all costs in Thailand. Expect next to no support from the single dealership that exists here. You are much better off with a BMW or MB, not just because they have manufacturing facilities here, but also because they actually have a dealer network. I think based on comments here VW will look a better proposition in the medium term for all of us, but going for an Audi right now is a massive gamble. It's a real shame as I was interested in the A3/A4/Q series previously but I don't see any value in buying from them here.

In 1997 they were selling 1500+ units a year, and in 2012 it had dropped down below 150 a year. That isn't an inspiring trend.

But anyway I still don't understand why people by useless Audi in EU except for the R8...

Would trade a little power and get something nice looking like the grey imported Audi TT RS 2.5 with quattro and about 340 hp. Should be plenty fast and has the looks at around 4.2m as well new.

I missed out on a mint 2012 2.5 TT-RS last year.. Full stainless Miltek system and a stage two re-map... it was 3 Million ! bu99er !

Biggest problem with Audis here is they have very bad depreciation.. Thais don't seem keen at all...

My current car is a TT Quattro. Bilsteins, Re-map, larger intercooler and larger bore downpipe and system.. Close to 300bhp and 6 speed manual.

But it's getting long in the tooth despite having less that 30K Kms. It seems very hard to replace at a reasonable cost. sad.png

I would avoid Audi at all costs in Thailand. Expect next to no support from the single dealership that exists here. You are much better off with a BMW or MB, not just because they have manufacturing facilities here, but also because they actually have a dealer network. I think based on comments here VW will look a better proposition in the medium term for all of us, but going for an Audi right now is a massive gamble. It's a real shame as I was interested in the A3/A4/Q series previously but I don't see any value in buying from them here.

In 1997 they were selling 1500+ units a year, and in 2012 it had dropped down below 150 a year. That isn't an inspiring trend.

Volvo <3 My dream car <3 With 2 baby seats n the rear sites <3

Even in my worst nightmare I would not drive a Volvo or a VW...

Buy a Volvo V or S range and throw a chip on it.
300 HP for 2m baht is the best your going to get for your money and with a warranty that's factory backed.

Nothing like FT-1 will ever come to Thailand other than grey market. I don't know if anyone has ever looked at customs official import duty schedules. Anything over 220hp gets 328% import duty.

http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/individuals/importing+personal+vehicle/importingpersonalvehicle+

They will not build it here either. If anything, Malaysia might build it and under special trade agreement, it could come in like the BMW 3/4/5 Active Hybrid at around 6m to 8m cheapest.

No, the tax is changed from horsepower to CO2. Thats why some powerful cars are now cheaper.

I think it looks quite good. Still not happy with interior, who personally I think BMW does a better job. They manage to integrate their navigation/entertainment system into the dash. But for 4.39MB it's real value for money in Thai market.

I think I will save up for a 2nd hand M2. I'm guessing the rich kids might get bored after a couple of years, and it will be in market for around 4 mill or so. With 5 years warranty and service, that should hopefully be a good 2nd hand car smile.png And it has 6-banger wink.png

It's frustrating to see the prices here in Thailand when looking for something modern and performance based.

My daily driver is A31 nissan cefiro, has a 2JZ turbo, manual transmission, rear wheel drive with 390bhp. Am about to put a single turbo which will bring it up to 540bhp. I love driving it, it is in good condition for its age, but in comparison to the new stuff out there, it's an old piece of crap.

I can't find anything remotely close to the power level I want. I would settle for maybe 300 hp but even then the cars are way overpriced.

So far my short list is anything with the infamous and highly tunable 2.0 turbo engine from audi/vw: Audi TT, VW Scirocco, even the Audi Q5 quattro which runs E85 from factory. All can be tuned to make 350bhp using revo stage 3 kits. The Sirocco can be had for 1 million, and the Q5 not much more. TT is a bit more again.

Volvo have a terrible stigma with anyone chasing performance but their new engines for 2016 look quite decent. I am sure the upgrade potentials would be awesome. If they release the new 2.0 direct injection engines in the s60, it would have 250-300bhp stock. They even have a 450 hp engine see here: http://www.wired.com/2014/10/volvo-turbo-engine-concept/

What you compare is funny... or ridiculous... !

Who cares the road and other excuse of the poor ? I paid my car almost $200000 instead of less than $100000 back home but compared to how much I save by living here it's still a bargain <3

And I am perfectly relax, it's just a car !!! who cares !!!

Ha ha. Save in Thailand?

Where are you from?

Or do you spend so much money on hookers?

:)

Western food.

Drink

Electric.electronic

All its up price if compare with many Europe country(and not only)

:)

I find all BMW interiors so outdated.

Let's see the next models but now there is nothing that can compare with the newest benz in my opinion.

I think it looks quite good. Still not happy with interior, who personally I think BMW does a better job. They manage to integrate their navigation/entertainment system into the dash. But for 4.39MB it's real value for money in Thai market.
I think I will save up for a 2nd hand M2. I'm guessing the rich kids might get bored after a couple of years, and it will be in market for around 4 mill or so. With 5 years warranty and service, that should hopefully be a good 2nd hand car smile.png And it has 6-banger wink.png

I find all BMW interiors so outdated.

Let's see the next models but now there is nothing that can compare with the newest benz in my opinion.

The new C-class looks great, but I think the BMW interior is more functional and timeless. They don't try too hard. But they could definitely upgrade some of the materials on the 1,2,3,4 series. And BMW still uses ugly halogen blinkers, which I find ridiculous.

You would do better buying a second hand SLK much better than the poor mans merc

The SLK (aka SLGay) is nowhere near the A45 in power and fun to drive. With the SLK 230 as the top model sold here you have less than half the power and more weight (true?).

I found the A45 AMG a bit hard and bumpy, not comfortable at all. But perhaps the GLA 45 AMG is a better ride.

Unfortunately the other top hot hatches are not officially sold her like the AUDI RS3 or the Ford Focus ST.

Mercedes just announced the next A45 AMG update will feature over 400 HP? Perhaps we should wait a little.

I am so happy that finally Mercedes is officially importing some fun cars like the C63, the A45, the GT and the GLE 450 etc. Did they finally realize how much they lose to the grey importers?

I agree with you, unfortunately. Especially since AUDI has some really desirable cars like the RS5 or RS7, even the S7. But there is virtually no service here in Thailand and if you have a grey importer servicing your car, spare parts take month to arrive.

Such a shame! Are they sleeping in Ingolstadt?

VW Audi have not been interested in seriously selling cars in Thailand for years.

The change in tax structure could have given them an extra niche to exploit (like Benz is doing) but they still appear to be sleeping instead.

VW Audi have not been interested in seriously selling cars in Thailand for years.

The change in tax structure could have given them an extra niche to exploit (like Benz is doing) but they still appear to be sleeping instead.

They're all a little busy handling a small crisis :)

Plans for TH are well advanced, but currently on hold..

About Audi: it seems to me that at least since late last year there is a new and quite big Audi Centre in Bangkok and they have a very active FB page as well with posts of people buying mostly TTs etc.

Not quite sure where it is located but seems quite a big set up....compared to VW who is doing.....NOTHING!

For what it is worth, AUDI has a very good reputation in Germany, they might not lead the way in terms of exterior design, but technology as well as interiors are pretty spot on and can compete with Benz and BMW if not better them.

Their Diesel Wagon are the 'weapon of choice' for many German sales reps/manager who have to drive around a lot in Germany.

About Audi: it seems to me that at least since late last year there is a new and quite big Audi Centre in Bangkok and they have a very active FB page as well with posts of people buying mostly TTs etc.

Not quite sure where it is located but seems quite a big set up....compared to VW who is doing.....NOTHING!

For what it is worth, AUDI has a very good reputation in Germany, they might not lead the way in terms of exterior design, but technology as well as interiors are pretty spot on and can compete with Benz and BMW if not better them.

Their Diesel Wagon are the 'weapon of choice' for many German sales reps/manager who have to drive around a lot in Germany.

I popped into the Audi centre as its near my place, its on thanon thiam ruam mitr https://goo.gl/maps/JWHgFdkFrZM2

The sales girl said they had plans to open more showrooms, but who knows when..?

3 year warranty but no servicing package available.

New TTS looks great, but being full imports the price is a bit hard to swallow, IMO it would be hard to ignore an M2 instead:

post-62077-0-05452600-1460703526_thumb.j

I popped into the Audi centre as its near my place, its on thanon thiam ruam mitr https://goo.gl/maps/JWHgFdkFrZM2

The sales girl said they had plans to open more showrooms, but who knows when..?

New TTS looks great, but being full imports the price is a bit hard to swallow, IMO it would be hard to ignore an M2 instead:

Especially since the M2 has 5 years "unlimited" warranty and service as well..

I had a look at the Audi website. The A3 is the sedan version.. &lt;deleted&gt;? If it was a well equipped A3 Sportsback hatch, it would be quite interesting. Audi has a looong way to go here. Since BMW and Benz are selling more than 10,000 cars each a year in Thailand, I don't understand why Audi is lurking in the background.

I had a look at the Audi website. The A3 is the sedan version.. <deleted>? If it was a well equipped A3 Sportsback hatch, it would be quite interesting. Audi has a looong way to go here. Since BMW and Benz are selling more than 10,000 cars each a year in Thailand, I don't understand why Audi is lurking in the background.

I'd looked at the A3 Limousine model, but it's super light on features. 1.4l engine doesn't help either, it's there to purely offer a model at a price point that is more accessible.

You only have to look at the owners of the dealership in Thailand. Experts in automotive business failures.

Btw, although BMW warranty is now unlimited mileage (increased from 100k km to celebrate their 100 yr anniversary) the BSI is still only 100k km.

I had a look at the Audi website. The A3 is the sedan version.. <deleted>? If it was a well equipped A3 Sportsback hatch, it would be quite interesting. Audi has a looong way to go here. Since BMW and Benz are selling more than 10,000 cars each a year in Thailand, I don't understand why Audi is lurking in the background.

Same reason as VW one would assume. At the moment they're trying to hold the company together and to open a small assembly plant in Thailand for the small market here would be insane.

I don't think you can use the word 'bargain' with many cars in Thailand, let alone something priced at 'only' 4.39 million … only 125,000 USD.

Personally I'd prefer a WRX STI at a 'bargain' 3.35 million (or possibly the baby WRX at 'just' 2.64 million, then spend the balance tuning it up). But close on US$ 100,000 for a US$ 40,000+ car is crazy, plus I'm sure that if ever I bought one, the day after I drove out of the showroom Subaru here would drop the price 500,000 like they did with the BRZ ...

CLA 45 AMG stock costs 59.000 EUR in Germany so now you can consider it a bargain in Thailand because you only have two pay twice as much. Before you would pay tripple!

Buy the BMW M5 for Baht 4 million and it has 552 bhp. A Merc is just a taxi, go to Germany and that is all they use for taxi's

Sadly the M5s cost more than double that amount!

Can you point me to the car with that 552 hp?

http://www.bmw.co.th/th/th/BMW_Price_List_2016.html

Is the BMW 6-series no longer sold in Thailand?

Bit sad to see that the 5-series have been reduced to a 2.0 4 cylinder engine.

I don't think you can use the word 'bargain' with many cars in Thailand, let alone something priced at 'only' 4.39 million … only 125,000 USD.

Personally I'd prefer a WRX STI at a 'bargain' 3.35 million (or possibly the baby WRX at 'just' 2.64 million, then spend the balance tuning it up). But close on US$ 100,000 for a US$ 40,000+ car is crazy, plus I'm sure that if ever I bought one, the day after I drove out of the showroom Subaru here would drop the price 500,000 like they did with the BRZ ...

CLA 45 AMG stock costs 59.000 EUR in Germany so now you can consider it a bargain in Thailand because you only have two pay twice as much. Before you would pay tripple!

In Thailand many thinks 2-3 time highest price.cheesy.gif

Buy the BMW M5 for Baht 4 million and it has 552 bhp. A Merc is just a taxi, go to Germany and that is all they use for taxi's

Sadly the M5s cost more than double that amount!

Can you point me to the car with that 552 hp?

http://www.bmw.co.th/th/th/BMW_Price_List_2016.html

get fun

Enjoy it?thumbsup.gif

if so to argue that rice and water + a few fruits that do not die from scurvy,,cheesy.gif

and no need another..

Archived