New Mercedes AMG A45 - 381 bhp - Thai Performance bargain - Discuss

Pdaz

30 minutes ago, mortenaa said:

I think the demand for M2's internationally has been higher than anticipated..  

Yes.. No surprise really. It has been getting rave reviews in the motoring press plus all the youtube reviews. They have said it's the best M car since the early lightweight M3's.

Funny really as it doesn't have a real MPower motorsport division engine just a turbo's version of a regular BMW 6.

I like the car and had it been closer to 5mil than 6mil I think I would have pulled the trigger.

But to be honest I prefer the looks of the earlier 1M ( which also missed out on a motorsport engine) Surprisingly there are at least 3 of these rare cars in Thailand.

2011-bmw-1m-coupe-28.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

Heaps of new grey market Mustangs for sale at Highway Autos in BKK.. Can see them as you pass on the tollway.. Only got the four cylinder ecoboost version though.. About 4 mill I think..

Pony car with a pony engine... ( a cockney joke )

Yeah am not into grey cars, too many friends been burnt buying em.

Seems the thread has drifted a wee bit, so I take my chances on further drifting:

Yesterday I ended up just behind a Lexus 570 on Rattanathibet.

That Lexus 570 has got an engine I am very keen to get my hands on, (Toyota 1VD, engine).

That car and that engine has not been sold in Thailand up to now. The engine is about 10 years old.

(a bit strange that, the engine may be found almost all over the world except Thailand)

Of course the car I saw could have been specially imported.

Or are Lexus 570s with 1VD on sale i LoS now?

Also the big Toyota Landcruisers have the same engine. And also some Pickup models.

Have been looking for that engine for 4-5 years. It is very rare to meet people who even now that it exists.

Think I've been to all major and many minor chiang gong in Pathum, Nonthaburi, Bangkok, Samut Prakan, ChonBuri and Rayong. Very very few shops have heard of it.

18 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Yes.. No surprise really. It has been getting rave reviews in the motoring press plus all the youtube reviews. They have said it's the best M car since the early lightweight M3's.

Funny really as it doesn't have a real MPower motorsport division engine just a turbo's version of a regular BMW 6.

I like the car and had it been closer to 5mil than 6mil I think I would have pulled the trigger.

But to be honest I prefer the looks of the earlier 1M ( which also missed out on a motorsport engine) Surprisingly there are at least 3 of these rare cars in Thailand.

2011-bmw-1m-coupe-28.jpg

There are two for sale on one2car right now.

2 hours ago, ChesneyHawkes said:

There are two for sale on one2car right now.

I called about one of them previously and was told it was sold. The ads seem to stay on the site even when the car is not longer available. Says "Khai Laew" - sold on this ad :sad:

1M.jpg

Archived