New Mercedes AMG A45 - 381 bhp - Thai Performance bargain - Discuss

Pdaz

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy the BMW M5 for Baht 4 million and it has 552 bhp. A Merc is just a taxi, go to Germany and that is all they use for taxi's

Sadly the M5s cost more than double that amount!

Can you point me to the car with that 552 hp?

http://www.bmw.co.th/th/th/BMW_Price_List_2016.html

Is the BMW 6-series no longer sold in Thailand?

Bit sad to see that the 5-series have been reduced to a 2.0 4 cylinder engine.

It is a twin turbo though.. Can be remapped to 300HP. I bought the M5 V10 S85 in Thailand. 500HP but for the maniacs, can be boosted with a supercharger to 650HP. It's an older model anyway a great car to drive.

Tesla was until now 8MB, I don't believe that this model will be cheaper anytime soon.

You are right, that model won't be cheaper anytime soon.

The brand new Tesla 3 is around £35-40k, right hand drive. Deliveries start late next year.

Thai import Duty on electric vehicles is 80%

• 9 months later...
Well I saw that the latest version of the AMG A45 hatch has had it's price reduced by 1.4 million baht clap2.gif
It is now listed at only 4.39 million.. Surely that now makes it the Thai performance car bargain of the century ?
7 speed DSG, 475Nm of torque and the Worlds most powerful production 2 litre 4 banger...
Certainly makes the less powerful Cayman, the new M2 and even secondhand M3's etc look pricey.
Finally the greeny tree huggers CO2 emmision nonsense is good for something as that seems to be the reason the price has dropped..
Feel sorry for any rich kids who bought one of these last year for a lot more cash ( less powerful too )
A grey import Golf R is in a similar price bracket but an officially imported Merc with dealer service and better residuals has to be a good deal..
Just need to save up the cash now whistling.gif
post-39406-0-19529400-1460035361_thumb.jpg
Any thoughts petrol heads ? It's not the prettiest I know...
Wonder how much a new Audi RS3 is in the Land of Smiles ?

Dont forget Ford Focus RS
New model 350hp
Older one 400hp

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Anyone know Benz C63 price new in Thailand?

C63 Coupe (4.0 V8 BiTurbo ) is 9.9 Million which makes the 3.0 V6 BiTurbo C43 a bit of a bargain at only 5 million Baht. The C43 has 4 wheel drive too but not the wider flared wings of the C63.

Yes I know about the Ford Focus. It's close in HP to the A45 but has a cheap looking interior. It's 4wd is rear wheel biased ( which I like )but it isn't available from Ford Thailand. I'd prefer the Audi RS3 over the Ford but that isn't available here either.

7 hours ago, Xaos said:

C63 full option in Germany 120k €
Thai 270k €
Joke

bb5849dc7df1d00a3a8d8bf1fd55ff00.jpg

Yes.. well aware of the price in Germany. But I live in Thailand. I could have had a AMG GTS in the UK for the same price as my Thai A45.. But I don't live in the UK

Yes.. well aware of the price in Germany. But I live in Thailand. I could have had a AMG GTS in the UK for the same price as my Thai A45.. But I don't live in the UK

I had C250 new, current model. Paid total 3.2mil when it came out. Sold it after 2 years. Its loosing value like crazy in TH. It was not so good for thai roads, i did like 80k km and was worried about suspension if it will hold up. Oil change was like 8-10k each time.
Nice car but not for thailand.

Sold it and bought new Fortuner. Great for flash floods.

4 hours ago, mortenaa said:

Wow, that C43 is an interesting car at only 5.2 million. The M4 is 8.3 mill, and the M2 is 6 mill. 

I had a good look at it at the last motor show. Considering I've always preferred BMW's I was really impressed by the spec and the price. Gets great reviews and there are hardly any 6 cyl cars available now in Thailand at a "reasonable" price. M3 or M4 are crazy expensive. Cayman now has a 4 pot turbo and the Honda and Toyota V6's have gone too.. Never fancied a Nissan 370Z cos of the slushbox. GT-R too pricey.. Hmmmmm... Might be my next car once I'm bored of the A series. Shame the C63 is 9.9mil !

1 hour ago, Xaos said:

I had C250 new, current model. Paid total 3.2mil when it came out. Sold it after 2 years. Its loosing value like crazy in TH. It was not so good for thai roads, i did like 80k km and was worried about suspension if it will hold up. Oil change was like 8-10k each time.
Nice car but not for thailand.

Sold it and bought new Fortuner. Great for flash floods.

Funny I find Thai roads better than the ones in the UK.. Hardly any speed cams too :)

4 hours ago, mortenaa said:

The one in the video is equipped with the Performance Exhaust, but yeah. It does sound good. Good be a bargain as a 2nd hand in a few years :-D

Yes especially considering it's a turbo motor.

26 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

I had a good look at it at the last motor show. Considering I've always preferred BMW's I was really impressed by the spec and the price. Gets great reviews and there are hardly any 6 cyl cars available now in Thailand at a "reasonable" price. M3 or M4 are crazy expensive. Cayman now has a 4 pot turbo and the Honda and Toyota V6's have gone too.. Never fancied a Nissan 370Z cos of the slushbox. GT-R too pricey.. Hmmmmm... Might be my next car once I'm bored of the A series. Shame the C63 is 9.9mil !

I just have a 116i now, but tuned to about 220hp. So its a very nice car for Thai roads. And practical hatchback with folding back seats. Hoping for a 2nd hand M2 once they start dropping. But so far there's hardly anyone in the country.

20 minutes ago, mortenaa said:

I just have a 116i now, but tuned to about 220hp. So its a very nice car for Thai roads. And practical hatchback with folding back seats. Hoping for a 2nd hand M2 once they start dropping. But so far there's hardly anyone in the country.

Seems to have been some delivery delays for CBU cars. Was surprised that no M2 or A45/GLA45 at the recent motor show.. Would have though that BMW would have been keen to promote it as an entry to M cars.. Considering the price of a secondhand M3 a new M2 is a pretty good deal in Thai terms.

1 hour ago, Pdaz said:

Seems to have been some delivery delays for CBU cars. Was surprised that no M2 or A45/GLA45 at the recent motor show.. Would have though that BMW would have been keen to promote it as an entry to M cars.. Considering the price of a secondhand M3 a new M2 is a pretty good deal in Thai terms.

I think the demand for M2's internationally has been higher than anticipated..  

8 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Umm since when did Ford Thailand sell the RS Focus or Mustang ?

Heaps of new grey market Mustangs for sale at Highway Autos in BKK.. Can see them as you pass on the tollway.. Only got the four cylinder ecoboost version though.. About 4 mill I think..

Pony car with a pony engine... ( a cockney joke )

Archived