not given 2nd for my 1 year non o

so i went to cambodia today to activate the second 3 months of my 1 year non o and they just gave me the 30 days on arrival visa..

granted i have a new visa, i lost the old one and believe it or not bkk immigration transferred the old

visa to the new..

did having a transferred visa and new passport cause some confusion?

will bkk correct this for me you think?

I very much doubt that Bangkok transferred a visa from a lost passport into a new one (Visas are never transferred)

The visa was lost along with the passport !

There will be nothing to correct because you did not have a visa and therefore you were given a visa exempt entry.

• Like 1

Visa only allows entry to los. Sounds like you left without reentry permit. In any event start over and check rules.

Re entry permits are not required for one year multiple entry visas which allow 90 day entries whilst the visa remains valid.

so my 1 year multiple entry non o was not transferred to my new passport?

this is only an exemption stamp? the manager in immigration told me submit a few forms in addition to a thai letter from counsellar passport and visa section and they would transfer it..and i submitted everything they needed :0

post-200647-0-25652900-1460043318_thumb.

Thanks ! Look carefully !

It seems that Immigration re-instated your original entry stamp (note the dates ! ) which was gained from a visa.

There is no visa in that picture ...............

edit ----------remove typo.

Edited by johnatong

great... so can anyone tell me wheres the best place to try my luck with another 1 year non o? i feel like the embassy in pnom penh may not be so liberal in giving me another.. the consulate officer who helped me sounded like a nice guy and offered but the other thai or cambodians working there seem to only want to be rude and get money off their guys promoting expedited visas..a bit extortion-ish looking

if i submit documentation in the way of deposits for the last 6 month from government to my bangkok bank account, DD 214, lease agreement, letter from VA will I be ok?

the consulate officer who called me in pnom penh says me comming there to get single entry tourist visas seemed a bit silly and offered to give me a 1 year non o because i presented "a strong case"

i think it was other i didnt really check.. this was my first time getting something like that and i was just happy to have it

im too young for a retirement visa, not married, not studying.. i guess other?

Edited by jaytaylor84

i think it was other i didnt really check.. this was my first time getting something like that and i was just happy to have it

To be honest I think you have somewhere between nil and zero chance of obtaining another multiple entry "O" visa anywhere within the region.

Did you make use of an agents services/assistance to obtain the visa in Cambodia ?

i went alone..

is a double entry tourist the best i can do?

The best you can do is obtain a single entry tourist visa. Double entry TV's are no longer issued, anywhere.

It is perhaps just as well you lost that visa it sounds as though it may have been very "dodgy" !

Sadly, it is true that your non-O visa in your lost passport cannot be replaced. The stamp in your new passport is a copy of the arrival stamp, confirming that you arrived with a non-O visa on 09 JAN 2016, were allowed to enter Thailand and were granted permission to stay until 07 APR 1016.

If sounds like a Multiple Non O to visit family or friends (the so called "social visa"). It is still technically a valid category. but I think consulates have been told not to issue them any more. If you actually received one, it is certainly the first case I have heard of in the region for many a year. Your chances of getting another one anywhere are practically nil, I would say, even in your home country.

• Your 30 day visa exempt entry can be extended at immigration by 30 days for 1,900 baht. That will give you a bit more time before needing another visa.

It doesn't sound like you qualify for a non 'O' visa issued for the common reasons and especially not a multiple entry. It's surprising you were able to get this visa in Cambodia based on your military pension and maybe you should go back there and try for another. At the very least they should issue a single entry tourist visa (SETV). A SETV will give you 60 days that can be extended by 30 days.

Otherwise you could try for a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV) from your home country that, with a 30 day extension of stay, can give you nearly 9 months.