Dilemma for Dutch PM Rutte after voters reject EU-Ukraine partnership deal

webfact

606x341_329372.jpg

TE HAGUE: -- The ball is in his court after the Netherlands rejected an EU partnership deal with Ukraine.

But Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte told reporters little on Thursday about how he will handle the crisis, other than to say that in the days, weeks or even months ahead he will be seeking a solution.

For eurosceptics whose grassroots petition forced Wednesday’s referendum, the ‘No’ vote was a source of joy.

Far-right politician Geert Wilders hailed it as: ‘The beginning of the end of the EU’.

But less than three months before a British referendum on whether to leave the bloc altogether, it has alarm bells ringing in Brussels, with European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said to be ‘triste’ – French for ‘sad’.

“You asked me how the President feels, I think I can tell you that the President est triste,” European Commission Chief Spokesperson Margaritis Schinas told a regular news briefing.

The turnout threshold of 30 percent was only just met. The result is non-binding.

But over 60 percent of voters rejected the Ukraine deal in the Netherlands – current holder of the EU’s rotating presidency.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-04-08

Where is the dilemma ?

The vote was NO. NO means NO.

If anyone has a dilemma it is the trough feeders of the EU as their gravy train comes screeching to a halt.

Where is the dilemma ?

If anyone has a dilemma it is the trough feeders of the EU as their gravy train comes screeching to a halt.

The vote can be overridden by the government, it is not binding.

Reading between the lines: a no vote for the EU. Just the beginning, waiting for England to make the vote.

Where is the dilemma ?

Reading between the lines: a no vote for the EU. Just the beginning, waiting for England to make the vote.

May be you missed it, but one is for a country wanting to exit in the EU, the other is for the EU not wanting a country to enter.

Although not binding, this is good news, the people are waking up to this scam. That unelected Bureaucracy in Brussels is a scheme that was planned by Banksters in the '50s, with another Fiat currency to exploit, Central control of the lives of hundreds of millions of people, by the above mentioned minions of the elite, to create an unaccountable Corpocracy and crypto-fascist State.

Where is the dilemma ?

Couldn't agree more, I just hope the British Government do not revert to some kind of skulduggery and recognise this fact that No means No!!! when the country votes to leave the oppressive EU.......

Where is the dilemma ?

the problem a NO vote in some European country say YES....

Some European government doesn't respect people wish.. see what happen to France...in 2005, 55% of french voter reject European constitution, 2008 the french government ratified this European constitution without new referendum...

Where is the dilemma ?

May be you missed it, but one is for a country wanting to exit in the EU, the other is for the EU not wanting a country to enter.

Like I said , reading between the lines. Didn't miss a thing, probably better informed than you are.

Where is the dilemma ?

Some European government doesn't respect people wish.. see what happen to France...in 2005, 55% of french voter reject European constitution, 2008 the french government ratified this European constitution without new referendum...

It was the same year 63% of the Dutch vote NO. But what can you say about governments, they only like to listen to the people when they get money from them, and even then.....

30% turn out, would i be wrong in saying the dutch public havntt really taken the issue v seriously?

And only 60% of those voters rejected it. I can see the dilemma.

So 15% Of the possible voters don't want the UKRAINE in the union. And the rest either want them in or arnt bothered either way. Hmmm. Hardly a definitive stance imo.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Where is the dilemma ?

Totally right. But did you not forget a more recent, more strong NO ...? Like the Greek one ....

30% turn out, would i be wrong in saying the dutch public havntt really taken the issue v seriously?

The vote was for trade interests and agreements with the Ukraine, not for admission to the union, explaining the non-interest.

The non voters merely showed they are fed up with the EU dictatorship.

Where is the dilemma ?

Same happen in Nederland with that EU Constitution the citizens didn't wanted it as they showed in their referendum, the fascist clique in Brussels just rammed it down the Dutch people's throat. Same is going to happen with this Ukraine bullshit, the fascist clique in Brussels/Strasbourg jus ram it down the Dutch people's throat.

Where is the dilemma ?

Like I said , reading between the lines. Didn't miss a thing, probably better informed than you are.

I'm Dutch and voted NO. The first time in decades I got some satisfaction out of voting. But it remains to be seen what the powers that shouldn't be make out of our NO ...

The vote was for trade interests and agreements with the Ukraine, not for admission to the union, explaining the non-interest.

Or that they are perfectly happy with the way life has improved IMEASURABLY since the union was formed. Go and travel see the difference.

Or that they are perfectly happy with the way life has improved IMEASURABLY since the union was formed. Go and travel see the difference.

Exactly for who has it been "a paradise" (paraphrasing you here)? Not for any of the rich countries, only the pathetic parasite corrupt nations in the south have got it better as they get shitloads from EU. Sweden is now Swedenistan and soon bankrupt thanks to the EU.

Or did you mean something childish like "oh now i don't have to exchange my fiat money to another fiat money"?

Go and do some reading. Yeah, people in Holland are perfectly happy. Shows on a daily basis. Go vote VVD.

Where is the dilemma ?

Whilst the vote is non-binding I suspect that if the Dutch PM and his ruling party don't respect that vote then at the next general election they will probably be turfed out on their ear.

Where is the dilemma ?

. It never means "no" in EU bureaucratic undemocratic speak! They change a few words then keep having ref ballots until EU federalist state gets the result it desires! Edited by kingalfred