Official Thaivisa Pattaya Meeting - Pissup

Jai Dee

I'm going to suggest we gather at Jai Dee's new house, at all hours of the day/night ! I hear he's got lot's of booze and stuff ! :o

Fat chance there... not even George knows where I live... yet. :D

SNIP

Yes but your very good blog is a dead giveaway to anyone interested in house construction :D

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met about a year ago with Prof. Fart and Mr. Bojangles in a small pub in Soi 7, though....somewhere towards beach road. Was a nice place, good music (or what I consider good music...) and no hassle. From what I understood, the place has also some connection to TV but not sure about that.

Why not making this venue a regular meeting point like every Friday night - just as a meet and greet. Then again the regular official piss-ups in the BF or at Sunny's or or or...

suggestions? comments?

I'm going to suggest we gather at Jai Dee's new house, at all hours of the day/night ! I hear he's got lot's of booze and stuff ! :D

Fat chance there... not even George knows where I live... yet. :D

SNIP

Yes but your very good blog is a dead giveaway to anyone interested in house construction :D

Thanks for the reminder... I must update that one of these days with the latest photos.

Note to self... photoshop out any noticable landmarks... :o

I had a good time I will safely admit. Some very good people on TV. A few suggestions:

-Does the pissup need to be a bar crawl? Going from one to the other didn't necessarily make anything better IMO. At Lennie's, we had food and hostesses with the music at a sensible level for meeting and greeting. While I enjoy BF's music and atmosphere, there was limited conversation ability due to the music's volume. :o

-Nametags. Over the music, I thought I was speaking to "Toss Bin" for hours but once there was a break in songs, I then realized it was "Moss Finn!" :D

-Have all the food in 1 place. Without naming names but myself included, by the time we hit BF, us carnivores attacked the buffet but I would have been quite happy to be noshing at Lennie's and evidently the other BMs too.

-Just to be clear, are the pissup's drinks sponsored or not? I thought there was some party budget as TV is a for profit company. Nobody minds paying for their drinks but there must have been some indication that the drinks were sponsored because a few people mentioned they weren't clear either. Once at BF, DaveThailand (such a nice boy) announced drinks were covered and collected all the bins. I paid for 1 drink at Lennie's.

Anyone else have some suggestions? All the best. :D

Just my 2 satangs worth...

Agree 100% with the "bar crawl" statement. One place where folks can get comfortable and mingle would be great.

Nametags...I believe in the past there were some folks showing up at a pissup and using other posters names. I have an idea for issuing nametags for the next pissup and I'll float it when the next one is scheduled. Moss Fin and Raro had to scream Raro's name to me 5 times before I finally understood, and that was only because the music stopped.

If the party is limited to one venue, then food in one place is a non-issue. If I had brought the ribs and beans to Lennies at 7pm, by the time people started migrating to the BF, they would have been ice cold.

I was pretty surprised at the low attendance. Maybe next time the "usual suspects" will be back in town and the turnout will be better.

Thanks again to George for covering the cost of our misbehavior.

PS. I tried to attach a pic of the ribs and one of the beans, but apparently, just like a lot of other folks, I cannot add attachments.

Edited by Buckwheat

I was pretty surprised at the low attendance. Maybe next time the "usual suspects" will be back in town and the turnout will be better.

Suspect that could be down to the difficulties of getting into the center of town on a Saturday night in high season a few days before Christmas.

Suspect that could be down to the difficulties of getting into the center of town on a Saturday night in high season a few days before Christmas.

You're right...I forgot to add, I had to bring the truck since I had the food, and parking was a nightmare.

Mmmmmmmm.... I'm drooling. :o

I may have to drop in soon (Somsri's Place?) for a rib fix!!!

I totally missed the traveling roadshow and won't be back in Pattaya till January. As a TV neophyte but a once-upon-a-time 'resident tourist' (before that term became a dirty word), I would have shown up to meet some of those who seem to give a hoot about our little corner of paradise.

As a suggestion for regular meetings, I think a weekly meeting would grow old very quickly, especially at the same venue, time, etc.. Perhaps a little poll of regular haunts, be it a bar or restaurant to get some idea of the locations of favoured watering holes and eateries? That may serve up some previously unknown locales, more 'central' for everyone and with easier parking (if it still exists)?

Once a short-list is established, maybe meet once a month, (say 2nd Tuesday) at the selected venue and gauge the interest in either, a) meeting at a different venue the following month or :D meeting bi-monthly or even weekly on a round-robin basis at 3 or 4 of the short-listed establishments, much like the PH3 does (or did). Or you could end up selecting a TV 'home'... as long as there's airconditioning, cold beer, tasty snacks and (when the better half isn't looking), soft furnishings that are easy on the eye... if you get my drift.

My suggestion is the Caddy Shack, opposite the Harley Bar, off Thepprasit Road.

Easy to get to and park at any time.

Quiet, comfortable, tastefully decorated, with plenty of tables and chairs for members to sit and chat.

Reasonably priced ales and spirits, with John Smith Bitter on tap, and the best pies I have had in Thailand.

For those who bore quickly, the Harley bar girls are a stone's throw away. :o

Any other ideas?

Quiet, comfortable, tastefully decorated, with plenty of tables and chairs for members to sit and chat.

Reasonably priced ales and spirits, with John Smith Bitter on tap, and the best pies I have had in Thailand.

Any other ideas?

First candidate for the short list!

....and the Caddy Shack sounds good as well

Any other ideas?

I'll go with that, sensible venue, just far enough out of the town to be easily accessible without traffic and parking problems but close enough if any one want to go party later.

Edited by Rimmer

With apologies for being one of the no-shows (there was a catastrophic, yet ultimately minor, mishap Saturday afternoon.. :o )

Trying to get up to up-to-date, but I haven't quite read all the replies in the thread, but just to clarify something I saw while skimming through them.

When exactly is the party at Jai Dee's house?

Any other ideas?

First candidate for the short list!

....and the Caddy Shack sounds good as well

Boxing roo on 3rd rd has good pies too, a VB (australian beer from victoria) and a pie is 150b currently, Pool is free and they play some good movies on the TV as well as sports, parking is easy and soi diana isnt far away for those who get bored.

Edited by bazmlb

I go to Caddyshack most days for breakfast as i live near but i think for a beer etc Boxing Roo would be better.

What about Buckweats bar? :o

Thanks for the thought Dave, but Buckwheats bar is not in the running for consideration.

Anywhere with VB is great and mixes up the 'effnick mix' of the establishments a bit. So Caddy Shack, Boxing Roo and... what's wrong with your place, Buckwheat? I see there's a thread developing that mentions Jamesons that should satisfy many criteria for an AGM or Christmas type pissup with spousal units and/or significant others as well as any informal monthly gathering. Any Scandi's here with suitable space and location? There's always the garden restaurant at the 'Belgian Embassy' on Soi 3 with fresh air, good food and ample parking out the front (and back). Maybe the inaugural could be on Tue 16th Jan in line with my earlier suggestion... suitable time after the excesses of hogmanay, clear the burgeoning appointments calendar, get my happy arse back in town, etc.?

Topic unpinned.

Venue suggestions for the next meeting/pissup can be discussed further in this thread.

Good move JD :D

At the end of the day sometime next month or maybe later, somebody will most likley say 'hey guys fancy a get together at so n so bar' PPL can then vote with there feet and come or not, next month somebody else will maybe pick a different venue and you might get a different bunch of folks depending on what place suits who. It's nice to have variety right? :D

Places like the Belgium Embassy and Soi 6 should be avoided as they tend to lead to massive arguments with the GFs :o

Topic unpinned.

Venue suggestions for the next meeting/pissup can be discussed further in this thread.

At the end of the day sometime next month or maybe later, somebody will most likley say 'hey guys fancy a get together at so n so bar' PPL can then vote with there feet and come or not, next month somebody else will maybe pick a different venue and you might get a different bunch of folks depending on what place suits who. It's nice to have variety right? :D

Places like the Belgium Embassy and Soi 6 should be avoided as they tend to lead to massive arguments with the GFs :o

what if the gf's were'nt allowed to join? :D

Topic unpinned.

what if the gf's were'nt allowed to join? :D

Even bigger arguments with the GF cos they get suspicious and an idle suspicious mind is a terrible thing to get on the wrong side of. :D

I don't see how it would be a problem in soi 6 unless you are known. :D

Oddly enough (perhaps ?) I've never ventured down soi 6. I've thought about checking out the "library" I've heard so much about, but it seems to be a long way to go just to get an "education" :o

I don't see how it would be a problem in soi 6 unless you are known. :D

Oddly enough (perhaps ?) I've never ventured down soi 6. I've thought about checking out the "library" I've heard so much about, but it seems to be a long way to go just to get an "education" :D

pity........there are plenty of educational stories in the library :o