Why wear gold, especially if you know the risks?

giddyup

I don't believe gold bars are a good investment, you may have to pay for an appraisal. Gold coins are the easiest to pass along because they are backed by the country that produced it.have a lot of maple leafs but don't need the cash ATM

I bought gold in 2007 for $900 an ounce.A few years ago it went to $1,900 an ounce.You say not A good

Investment.It went up nearly 100% in 5 years.Maybe not A good investment to you.I was happy with it.

I never said gold was a bad investment, just gold bullion usually requires an assay, sorry I said appraisal wrong term. I bought my coins from the Canadian mint in 1983 for $300. Sold some for $1000 and some more at $1800 but still have more. As for fakes that looks like Chinese coins and I wouldn't touch their crap for nothing
Maybe you need to go back and read it again.You said GOLD BARS was A bad investment.Gold is gold.I also bought some gold bars when it was $900 an ounce.When gold was at $1,900 an ounce could sell them just as easy.At least I can.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wear my gold too, i got the necklace when I was 16 and graduated, so why not wear it. Its not Thai gold but 18 carat gold so its far stronger as Thai gold. Also it stands out and Thais can't sell it easy so less attractive to rob.

I don't see the point in owning gold if your not going to wear it.

Your 18k is stronger than Thai gold at 23K- 96.5%.Your chain is near 15% lead ,or other cheap metal.

As many Thai's and Chinese say what you have isn't real gold.

The shiner it looks means the less gold in the chain.

I always wear my gold too, i got the necklace when I was 16 and graduated, so why not wear it. Its not Thai gold but 18 carat gold so its far stronger as Thai gold. Also it stands out and Thais can't sell it easy so less attractive to rob.

I don't see the point in owning gold if your not going to wear it.

IOW, for you, it's all about what others think, and you think that they think that wearing it lends you status. 'Seems a bit pathetic to me, and I wouldn't place to much faith in your theory about its non-pilferability, but up to you of course.

And for you, gold has to be "wearable" for there to be any point in owning it? How exactly would you "wear" gold bars or coins?

I wear a old King on a 1/2 baht chain was a gift never had it off since given to me. If someone really wanted it I doubt I'd put up a fight over 12,000 baht (new) the sentimental value is more but I have never felt unsafe here maybe felt a bit vulnerable after a few drinks but it's a case of it being a gift and it's pretty. Admittedly I am the same person who smoked Bensons for years due to the box being gold ;) no not rapper style to thin and always tucked in.