1st extension based on marriage - some questions

Around the first week of May my 1 year based on marriage is up and I need to extend it, this is my first time doing this.

I have a few questions and things I need to check:

Im doing it with the money in the bank method and Ive had the required amount there for a long time, I still need a letter from the bank to confirm this though right?

I have all my marriage certificate originals and will take that plus copies.

I have my house rental contract plus copies as well as landlady's tabian ban and ID card copies.

My wife doesn't need to go too right?

Have I missed anything?

I intend to go after songkran so that Im ahead of the last day in case there are extra requirements.

My address is smart prakan so will be doing it at that IO, if anyone has any tips for doing it there please let me know!

thanks

• Like 1

To clarify, I got married last year, then got a non imm O outside Thailand and then did the marriage extension in May last year so I guess this is my 2nd time then right?

Do I need things like the marriage registry doc from the amphur and affirmation to marry plus photos and map etc again like the 1st time?

You may not need a copy of the affirmation this year but you will need everything else.

Damn, so my wife has to go with me every year I do this??

I guess I need a new registry doc from the amphur too then as they are only good for 6 months right?

Yes your wife has to go with you every year. She has to do a statement that you both sign just like you did last year.

Not sure about your immigration office but many will want an updated Kor Ror 2. Just have your wife get it an Amphoe.

• Like 1

Yes your wife has to go with you every year. She has to do a statement that you both sign just like you did last year.

Not sure about your immigration office but many will want an updated Kor Ror 2. Just have your wife get it an Amphoe.

thanks, we've moved address since the first time so I guess new pics (outside the house) are needed to then right?

Hi i am getting married to a Thai lady i have had a relationship with for 3+ years, and im wondering will marriage give me the opportunity to stay in Thailand full time indefinitely?.what are the pros and cons of marrying a thai lady.We live in bangkok.any help please and please no smart ass comments thanks.

Hi i am getting married to a Thai lady i have had a relationship with for 3+ years, and im wondering will marriage give me the opportunity to stay in Thailand full time indefinitely?.what are the pros and cons of marrying a thai lady.We live in bangkok.any help please and please no smart ass comments thanks.

If you are married to a Thai lady and have 400,000 Bht in a Thai Bank of a certifiable income of 40,000 Bht/month you can apply for a one year (renewable) extension of stay based on marriage.

The pros and cons of marriage are something you must work out ------ it is a personal matter.

• Like 1

Once you are married you can apply for:-

• 1 year multiple entry non immigrant visa 'O'. Good for up to 17 months, if fully utilised, before needing a new visa. 90 day border hops necessary.
  • Singe entry non immigrant visa 'O'. Single 90 day entry. In the last 30 days you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay as long as you have 400K in a Thai bank for 2 months prior to the application or a certified (by your embassy) income of 40K pm. Renewable every year. No need to leave the country but need to make 90 day reports to immigration.
  • A 60 day extension of stay is also available. Any permit to stay can be extended to visit your wife.
Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

If marriage is something you both want, independent of visa issues, there are no downsides.

If you can meet the financial requirements (bearing in mind that you can get a work permit and legally work on a marriage extension) then, yes, you can stay in Thailand as long as you want.

• Like 1

so the financial requirements are 400k in a thai bank or if im working say as a teacher 40k per month?

so the financial requirements are 400k in a thai bank or if im working say as a teacher 40k per month?

Yes.

If working your income would be proved by pay slips/Income tax receipts.

• Like 1

For marriage visa extension, you must submit the following and with the original documents:

1. Application Form (T.M. 7)

2. A copy of your passport

3. Financial proof such as:

3.1 Tax Certificate Por.Ngor.Dor.1, Por.Ngor.Dor.91

3.2 The applicant’s 2×2 inches photo.

3.3 Income affidavit from the embassy if using 40,000 THB proof of monthly income

3.4 Bank Statement together with a certified letter from the bank if using 400,000 THB money as a financial proof.

4. Copy of Marriage Certificate.

6. Copy of House Registration. (Thai National Spouse)

7. Copy of I.D. (Thai National Spouse)

8. Copy of Birth Certificate (If there is any children)

9. Proof of address

10. Signed map of address

11. photos of the house with the applicant and wife in all rooms of the house and some photos takes outside the front door showing the house/flat number

Edited by SweetFlower

In order to get the Marriage Certificate, you must submit your single status certificate issued by your local authority, certified by your Consulate of Foreign Affairs and your Embassy in Thailand + passport + ID photos. Your fiancee must submit her single status certificate issued by her local authority + Thai ID + ID photos.

You can apply for marriage visa (Non-O visa) which is 3 months issuance first then extend to 1 year total of 15 months. This marriage visa can be extendable every year.

Thai Marriage Visa Requirements:

3.3 Income affidavit from the embassy if using 40,000 THB proof of monthly income

3.4 Bank Statement together with a certified letter from the bank if using 400,000 THB money as a financial proof.

5. Affirmation of freedom to marry

9. Proof of address

11. photos of the house with the applicant and wife in all rooms of the house and some photos takes outside the front door showing the house/flat number

• Like 1

In order to get the Marriage Certificate, you must submit your single status certificate issued by your local authority, certified by your Consulate of Foreign Affairs and your Embassy in Thailand + passport + ID photos. Your fiancee must submit her single status certificate issued by her local authority + Thai ID + ID photos.

You can apply for marriage visa (Non-O visa) which is 3 months issuance first then extend to 1 year total of 15 months. This marriage visa can be extendable every year.

9. Proof of address

Please NOTE there is no "Marriage Visa" that can be applied for or extended !

There are also some other "problems" with your post and I would suggest that others ignore what has been written.

• Like 1

9. Proof of address

There are also some other "problems" with your post and I would suggest that others ignore what has been written.

Johnatong, then recommend the OTHER NAME of this visa would you like to call instead of?

9. Proof of address

Johnatong, then recommend the OTHER NAME of this visa would you like to call instead of?

Sorry there is little point in attempting to explain.

The forum is a rich source of Accurate information.

Try a search.

Don't forget the special paper work (extra 3-5 pages directly from the IO) Then don't forget it takes 5 weeks for IO to give you their decision. During that time you will need to be interview in your dwelling. Bribes will be asked for!

Don't forget to do your re-entry paperwork when you get your stamp if you plan to leave Thailand. Don't forget to do a 90 day while your there! Don't forget the map to your house. Don't forget... ah nevermind. lol

• Like 1

Don't forget the special paper work (extra 3-5 pages directly from the IO) Then don't forget it takes 5 weeks for IO to give you their decision. During that time you will need to be interview in your dwelling. Bribes will be asked for!

Don't forget to do your re-entry paperwork when you get your stamp if you plan to leave Thailand. Don't forget to do a 90 day while your there! Don't forget the map to your house. Don't forget... ah nevermind. lol

Only 2 weeks at my immigration office.thumbsup.gif No bribe money either.tongue.png

• Like 2

Johnatong,

The information I have given is based on Thai Immigration rule, sorry if it makes you confused

Provide a link to this "Rule" you claim exists please.

I would much rather read the "Rule" than your interpretation of it.

It is not me that is "confused".

Only 2 weeks at my immigration office.thumbsup.gif No bribe money either.tongue.png

No home interview? Did the misses walk them out the door maybe, and slip the money then?

Retirement or marriage if I may be so bold?

No home interview? Did the misses walk them out the door maybe, and slip the money then?

I have done 8 extension based upon marriage and have never had a home visit and certainly never paid a bribe. For first extension we took letters from the local police to immigration a few days after the application was accepted.

Average time for approval is about 30 days from the date my permit to stay ends (they start the 30 days then).

• Like 2

I have done 8 extension based upon marriage and have never had a home visit and certainly never paid a bribe. For first extension we took letters from the local police to immigration a few days after the application was accepted.

Average time for approval is about 30 days from the date my permit to stay ends (they start the 30 days then).

Very interesting.

Some get it (I myself was like you 8+ extensions back to back then boom it was the last straw) home interviews for all foreseeable extensions. (I will not put up with that)

Similar to mixed reports on this new TM30 deal. I never had to do it, but some on here have been fined.

Chaos