1st extension based on marriage - some questions

"Some get it (I myself was like you 8+ extensions back to back then boom it was the last straw) home interviews for all foreseeable extensions. (I will not put up with that)"

WHAT did you do ? "put up" or clear out ?

clear out

I like history, history gives you clues on when to get out. The signs are there.

I thought Thailand could be a place to retire, WRONG Its about to go full retard like Brazil except with a China twist.

Its not a cheap place to relax anymore. Trump might say the wrong thing, and I don't want to have a whole country smashing my door in a fit of rage.

I decided to spend my tonight hanging out on Thaivisa, waiting for someone to shut me down. heh

Nobody wants to tell me to bugger off yet.

"Some get it (I myself was like you 8+ extensions back to back then boom it was the last straw) home interviews for all foreseeable extensions. (I will not put up with that)"

clear out

I like history, history gives you clues on when to get out. The signs are there.

I thought Thailand could be a place to retire, WRONG Its about to go full retard like Brazil except with a China twist.

Its not a cheap place to relax anymore. Trump might say the wrong thing, and I don't want to have a whole country smashing my door in a fit of rage.

I decided to spend my tonight hanging out on Thaivisa, waiting for someone to shut me down. heh

smile.png Happy to oblige

B*****r Off !

• Like 1

clear out

smile.png Happy to oblige

B*****r Off !

goodnight :-)

For the OP

http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go.th/list-of-documents-for-support-thai-wife/

I've had extensions at Samut Prakarn since at least 2006, possibly longer (since they made it you had to use the immigration in your province and not Suan Phlu).

To the information people have posted, Samut Prakarn generally want the original plus a copy (original returned once shown).

Get the bank letter and on the day of application either take out baht 100 at ATM or with your bank book to show the ATM/Bank book amount and bank letter amount tallies...they're ok with this.

Photos outside your address showing you, wife, kids and house number. Photos of you all in 3 or 4 rooms. Two copies.

They'll give your wife some form(s) to fill out.

We've never had a home visit.

The ladies on the front desk are generally nice; the 2 men on the back desks that do final check can be tough.

Gdaya Folks ,

Extension of stay based on marriage .....includes another vital fact for those who are married without children :

for the first and all extensions in subsequent years you are required to take along a witness such as neighbor together with his THai ID and tabien Baan, thereto photos in front of your dwelling. A family member is not accepted.

WbR

roobaa01

Gdaya Folks ,

Extension of stay based on marriage .....includes another vital fact for those who are married without children :

for the first and all extensions in subsequent years you are required to take along a witness such as neighbor together with his THai ID and tabien Baan, thereto photos in front of your dwelling. A family member is not accepted.

WbR

roobaa01

This does not apply to ALL offices.

It would help if you specified which office you are referring to.

Gdaya Folks ,

WbR

roobaa01

There is only one office that has that requirement as far as I know. That is a Jomtien office requirement.

Gdaya Folks ,

WbR

roobaa01

Well, guess that's bad luck on your side :)

Don't forget the special paper work (extra 3-5 pages directly from the IO) Then don't forget it takes 5 weeks for IO to give you their decision. During that time you will need to be interview in your dwelling. Bribes will be asked for!

Don't forget to do your re-entry paperwork when you get your stamp if you plan to leave Thailand. Don't forget to do a 90 day while your there! Don't forget the map to your house. Don't forget... ah nevermind. lol

I did it first time last year and no-one ever came round for an interview and no bribes were asked for.

edit: Im sure it does happen though (Ive read here its not that common though), it just didn't happen with us

Edited by davejonesbkk

Have just arrived back to Thailand with a new Non O based on marriage. Is it a fixed rule that you must wait until the last 30 days of the 3 month stay to apply for the extension at immigration or is it possible to apply before this?

You can apply up to 45 days early at some offices.

Edited by elviajero

Have just arrived back to Thailand with a new Non O based on marriage. Is it a fixed rule that you must wait until the last 30 days of the 3 month stay to apply for the extension at immigration or is it possible to apply before this?

You can apply up to 45 days early at some offices.

Any idea about Samui immigration office?

You can apply up to 45 days early at some offices

Any idea about Samui immigration office?

No sorry I don't know about Samui. The reports I've seen coming out of Samui would suggest not. Best to check with the office direct.

• 2 weeks later...

For the OP

http://www.samutprakanimmigration.go.th/list-of-documents-for-support-thai-wife/

I've had extensions at Samut Prakarn since at least 2006, possibly longer (since they made it you had to use the immigration in your province and not Suan Phlu).

To the information people have posted, Samut Prakarn generally want the original plus a copy (original returned once shown).

Get the bank letter and on the day of application either take out baht 100 at ATM or with your bank book to show the ATM/Bank book amount and bank letter amount tallies...they're ok with this.

Photos outside your address showing you, wife, kids and house number. Photos of you all in 3 or 4 rooms. Two copies.

They'll give your wife some form(s) to fill out.

We've never had a home visit.

The ladies on the front desk are generally nice; the 2 men on the back desks that do final check can be tough.

Thanks, I often do my 90 days at SP immigration and they always seem to be very nice and relaxed.

About this part:

"Get the bank letter and on the day of application either take out baht 100 at ATM or with your bank book to show the ATM/Bank book amount and bank letter amount tallies...they're ok with this."

What if the bank wont do it on the day I ask for it? Ive heard about this happening before and they might tell me to go pick it up the next day or something.

thanks

Also, can someone please confirm/clarify for me about this 'kor ror 2' document? My mrs is saying its something we only get once and the Amphur is not going to issue another one. I think she is mistaken and thinking of the marriage certificate though right?

I have done 4 extension of stays based on marriage via Nakhon Pathom Immigration Office.

First year we had a visit (we live 140km from Immigration Office)......the following 2 years no visit.

Just recently I did my fourth application and we were visited a week later....very official. one boss with 2 side-kicks, laptop and printer. They interviewed my wife took photos and we had to get a friend to verify that I was indeed married etc. They photocopied her ID card.

My wife asked "why this visit? we have not been visited the last 2 years"......the reply was because we have no children, they wanted to check us out to make sure we are legitimate.

They also mentioned that there might be a new office opening up in Ratchaburi.....make it a lot easier for us....only 65km away.