Three-day no drink driving campaign nets 3,085 drivers

webfact

120419-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A total of 3,085 drink drivers were arrested, 1,994 among them were charged during the past three days of the government’s campaign against drink driving from April 9-11.

National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) spokesman Col Sirichan Ngathong said of the 3,085 drink drivers arrested, 255 of them have their driving licences seized, and 75 of their vehicles impounded.

The impounded vehicles comprised of 63 motorcycles and 12 cars.

A total of 1,994 drivers were charged with reckless driving for drink driving, she said.

Just in a single day yesterday, 1,345 drivers were arrested for drink driving, comprising 875 motorcyclists, 648 among them were charged and 38 motorcycles impounded, she said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/159266

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-12

It would seem they are targeting Motor cyclists,and I thought they were

supposed to impound all cars motor bikes from people found to be over

the limit, so some have been charged and then sent on their way !

regards Worgeordie

Those numbers are simply insane.

Far too many idiots on the roads anyway, add in the alcohol and it's not "if", merely "when" and how many innocents get taken out along the way.

Crush the vehicles and lock the <deleted>ers up for 5 years.

3,085 drink drivers arrested, 255 of them have their driving licences seized, and 75 of their vehicles impounded.

3085 arrested or stopped?

Arrested like with the "go to police station" option?

What then happened to the remaining 3010 vehicles not impounded???

3,085 drink drivers arrested, 255 of them have their driving licences seized, and 75 of their vehicles impounded.

3085 arrested or stopped?

Arrested like with the "go to police station" option?

What then happened to the remaining 3010 vehicles not impounded???

they where falang where carrying 20K ?...........just saying

Nearly 2000 arrested. Good job. Let's hope they continue to save lives.

You do know that an arrest means getting ticketed and fined? Not brought to the police station.

Where I live they take away the keys which, to me, means possible lives saved. That's good enough for me.

Turn that 3 day campaign in an All year round 24/7 Campaign ,,,,Than we may get somewhere instead of this 3 Day Bullshit,,,, thumbsup.gif

This is not 3 day bullshit. All a campaign is designed to do is to bring a particular subject, in this case drink driving, to the public's attention for a certain period. The offences are on the statute books all year not just for 3 days.

Edited by Scouse Twoccer

3085 arrested, 75 vehicles impounded so there must be 3010 vehicles sitting on the side of the road abandoned just waiting to be carted off to the "chop shop". Where I come from if you are arrested for drunk driving and there's no one else to drive the vehicle away who isn't drunk the vehicle is automatically impounded.

3085 arrested, 75 vehicles impounded so there must be 3010 vehicles sitting on the side of the road abandoned just waiting to be carted off to the "chop shop". Where I come from if you are arrested for drunk driving and there's no one else to drive the vehicle away who isn't drunk the vehicle is automatically impounded.

Definitely and I might guess your country (as well as mine) of origin has Rule of Law.

That does not exist in Thailand.

Yep 3, 085 unfortunate, poor tea money victims, and the rest who had either money or influence got a special free pass OR they died cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by MaxLee

Nearly 2000 arrested. Good job. Let's hope they continue to save lives.

You do know that an arrest means getting ticketed and fined? Not brought to the police station.

Where I live they take away the keys which, to me, means possible lives saved. That's good enough for me.

One of the towns I lived in had this system, worked excellent, best part of it, when the cops came back to the station they threw all the collected keys in a box. Not a one of them had ID to whom and/or vehicle it belonged. Vehicle owners didn't know that so next day they came to police station to collect their vehicle keys, first thing they were asked for was their driver license from there on the completing of the citation begon after having completed and issued the citation they were handed the box with all the collected unidentified keys in it with, "Have your pick". The vehicles were left parked where the keys were removed from it. Most simplest and quickest system of keeping drunks off the road. At bar closing time cops would come into a bar and told everybody having its last beer before bar closing time to empty their pockets on the bar from which the cops picked out the vehicle keys and took them to the station to throw in the box. This would work wonders in Pattaya with all them out of toweners having driven from as far away as Bangkok into Pattaya to patronize the girly bars, as the saying goes, "A change is as good as a rest".