Off-licence alcohol sales during Songkran

SamT

I just went down to my local 7-11 and saw that their alcohol fridges are covered over. Is there a blanket ban on sale of off-licence alcohol for the duration of Songkran or is it just different hours that you can buy it?

That's great that you don't care, but it doesn't actually answer my question as to whether or not I can buy alcohol during Songkran. Nor was I asking for the cheapest place to buy alcohol, the 7-11 was used as an example for the off-licence place that I visited...

That's great that you don't care, but it doesn't actually answer my question as to whether or not I can buy alcohol during Songkran. Nor was I asking for the cheapest place to buy alcohol, the 7-11 was used as an example for the off-licence place that I visited...

>>but it doesn't actually answer my question as to whether or not I can buy alcohol during Songkran.<<..........So you have no independent groceries (Mom and Pop shops ) in your area ? Where do you live exactly ?

>>but it doesn't actually answer my question as to whether or not I can buy alcohol during Songkran.<<..........So you have no independent groceries (Mom and Pop shops ) in your area ? Where do you live exactly ?

Mahidol Road area nearish to airport plaza. I possibly do, just thought I'd see if there was a ban before I went out looking for it.

I'm new to the area, been here about a week so I don't have a huge clue what is or isn't in my area. I apologise for asking a (apparently) stupid question...

All 7-11 nation wide only sell alcohol between 11 am to 2 pm and 5 pm to midnight. By the timing of you post it looks like your may have have been in a 7-11 before 11 am.

I was in about twenty past 11. Possible that the store staff just hadn't taken the covers down I suppose. Cheers for the help!

>>I apologise for asking a (apparently) stupid question...<<

Not stupid if you are new here .Just dont assume that you have to depend on 7/11. If you see a little shop ,with a glass fronted fridge displaying beer ,you can just point to what you want ( if you do not know Thai ) ,and you can assume that they will sell anytime that they are open ,unlike 7/11 .(who can not break the selling time laws ) .