Lucky escape for young pickup driver in Prae

webfact

Lucky escape for young pickup driver in Prae

pick.jpg

PRAE: -- A young pick up driver had a lucky escape when he lost control and ended up in a dry creek. He said he was lucky to be alive as he would have drowned if there had been a lot of water.

The accident happened on a windy section of road in the Ban Tin district of Prae, northern Thailand. Driver Thianchai Chumjai, 32, home for the Songkran holidays driving a Bangkok registered Toyota ended up overturned in the Mae Khaem creek, Daily News reports.

Thianchai bashed his head against the windscreen and hurt his right leg but managed to scramble out to tell the tale to police who arrived to assess the scene.

"I was home from Bangkok for the holidays and was going out to celebrate Songkran with friends. I was not familiar with the twists and turns of the road and lost control," said the fortunate man.

"It was really lucky there was not more water otherwise I would be dead."

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-14

He was HOME for the holidays but didn't know the local roads !

Time for the Ministry of Propaganda to step in with a positive spin,

Drought Saves Driver's Life.

Not familiar with the twists and turns of his home-stretch, yet still in a hurry.

"A young pick up driver had a lucky escape..."

What was lucky is that there wasn't a car with a family coming in the other direction when this out of control driver crashed. It's just a matter of time before he kills himself or someone else.

Edited by jaltsc

I love the way they spin the English language and words here !! "Young Driver, 32", well I am 80 so I guess 32 is young, I would have though at the start the driver was maybe 16 or 17.

Speed and no Seat Belt, is a bad combination, assuming since he had a head injury he was no restrained.

You only lose control at twist and turns if you are ......................... speeding! gigglem.gif

And you only bash your head against the windscreen if you are not wearing the seatbelt.

P.S.: Oops, gchurch259 was speedier with his reply rolleyes.gif

Edited by hkt83100

Logical thinking tells one that if you're "not familiar with the twists and turns of the road" you drive accordingly, i.e. slow down and take more care ….but as even the Thais sometimes say, usually as a kind of cop out, “This is Thailand”

In a limited sense he was fortunate the ditch contained little water, but counting the accident as a "lucky escape" is misplaced mentality, because he caused the accident himself and yet he expressed no intention of changing his poor driving habits nor acknowledged a lesson learnt.