Shotgun attack on Songkran crowd in south Thailand

webfact

Shotgun attack on Songkran crowd in south Thailand

sg.jpg

TRANG: -- Masked men on a motorbike fired into a crowd of Songkran revellers in downtown Trang Tuesday hitting three men in the legs.

A large group of people were happily splashing water outside a second hand car dealership in Tap Thian district when two men in white masks on a Honda Click pulled up and started shooting with a sawn off shotgun, Thairath reports.

Sarawut Songsaeng, 35, was shot in both left and right calves, Amphon Reuangsri,40, in the left and right thighs and Phutorn Chaikhot in the left foot. All were admitted to hospital in Trang.

There was no indication if there was one or two shooters.

Police radioed ahead but were unable to track down the men who fled in the direction of Trang city centre. Witnesses said the bike had the number plate 837.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-14

Songkran is unislamic.

Same as the teenage perps who like to shoot from the hill into the party crowds below at Full Moon parties at Haad Rin. The shooting death of the Brit last year was explained as "he got a stray bullet from a local gang gunfight"........

When I read the one guy's post in General yesterday about his wallet/pick pocketing experience at Silom area Songkran, I thought, man, sounds like a place to avoid for that, and other reasons. I was thinking something like this, or the motorbike IED detonated down South as well.

A lot of white noise about terrorists and terrorism going on right now, had it not been for "leaks", we would of never known about the recent memos outlining intel and terrorist movements, and potential threats.

Can't be paranoid of course, but must take it into consideration. The BiB/Army has to be lucky all the time. Dirt bags only need to be lucky once. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

The BiB/Army has to be lucky all the time. Dirt bags only need to be lucky once. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

Glad you are able to distinguish between the various classes of 'dirt bag'.

What part of that you have a problem with?

Some might use coarser language for those who detonate IEDs or shoot into a crowd of Songkran revelers. Dirt bag is fairly conservative.

The BiB/Army has to be lucky all the time. Dirt bags only need to be lucky once. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

Glad you are able to distinguish between the various classes of 'dirt bag'.

What part of that you have a problem with?

Some might use coarser language for those who detonate IEDs or shoot into a crowd of Songkran revelers. Dirt bag is fairly conservative.

Please use coarse language, we are all (snicker) adults here.

Two elderly Farangs were beaten in the Binabaht Bar area of Hua Hin.

It happened during Songkran at 2:00 AM when a group of Thai men who were over heard saying they were there to attack "Farangs", attacked a elderly couple leaving a bar. A Good Samaritan who stopped the beating of one of the victims, a 65 year old woman, was also beaten. It is believed the men were gang members. They are still at large.

This happened about one block from the Hun Hin police station.

Two elderly Farangs were beaten in the Binabaht Bar area of Hua Hin.

It happened during Songkran at 2:00 AM when a group of Thai men who were over heard saying they were there to attack "Farangs", attacked a elderly couple leaving a bar. A Good Samaritan who stopped the beating of one of the victims, a 65 year old woman, was also beaten. It is believed the men were gang members. They are still at large.

This happened about one block from the Hun Hin police station.

Very unusual to happen in Hua Hin. Did not hear or read about it yet until I saw your post. Usually Hua Hin police is very vigilant re attacks like this as it is the King's resident town. Expect to see or hear about arrests very soon. What is your source?

Songkran is unislamic.

I'm not sure that it was Muslims that did it as Trang has never been a terrorist target as far as I know. More likely a "business" dispute or payback for something they did or said.

Songkran is unislamic.

Yet iPhones and Coca Cola are not.

Curiosity compels me to ask... Why should they be?

I believe that Coke is halal, by definition... And iPhones are perhaps modern, but not embrassing technology is more an Armish thing, isn't it?

Yes it is becoming clear after hearing reports from bar-owners who witnessed 1st-hand the attack on the two 72 yr old folk in Hua Hin that it was

a gang whose aim was to attack tourists.

The old lady was seemingly shouting at a Thai man after he'd beaten her son to the ground when another Thai man stepped in & repeatedly punched her in the face!

Her husband was knocked to the ground & kicked by the same men.

When asked why they were out so late, they said they'd waited till the vast crowd had thinned-out so they could walk back to their hotel easier. The 2 elderly couple & their son are still in hospital.

Just got back from a trip to Krabi, where local population is about 75% Muslim, or so my driver told me.

The vibe from them in "their" restaurants and places was not good, esp. young males.

I don't hold any predjudices, I take each person as they come, but there were many I came into contact with there who obviously dislike westerners, despite the money it brings into the economy there.

Many young women wear the hijab and many men wear the traditional muslim garb.

Anyway, it's their problem, they carry the hate and the grudges.

Songkran is unislamic.

Yet iPhones and Coca Cola are not.

Curiosity compels me to ask... Why should they be?

I believe that Coke is halal, by definition... And iPhones are perhaps modern, but not embrassing technology is more an Armish thing, isn't it?

I do believe you meant Amish and no, Radical Islam supposedly shuns modern technology except for the internet of course.

Yes it is becoming clear after hearing reports from bar-owners who witnessed 1st-hand the attack on the two 72 yr old folk in Hua Hin that it was

a gang whose aim was to attack tourists.

The old lady was seemingly shouting at a Thai man after he'd beaten her son to the ground when another Thai man stepped in & repeatedly punched her in the face!

Her husband was knocked to the ground & kicked by the same men.

When asked why they were out so late, they said they'd waited till the vast crowd had thinned-out so they could walk back to their hotel easier. The 2 elderly couple & their son are still in hospital.

Takes a really big man to attack a 65 yo lady.

Just got back from a trip to Krabi, where local population is about 75% Muslim, or so my driver told me.

The vibe from them in "their" restaurants and places was not good, esp. young males.

I don't hold any predjudices, I take each person as they come, but there were many I came into contact with there who obviously dislike westerners, despite the money it brings into the economy there.

Many young women wear the hijab and many men wear the traditional muslim garb.

Anyway, it's their problem, they carry the hate and the grudges.

Sorry to hear that. I live in a province where the percentage of Muslims is even higher. I smile at them, and wow, they open up, so friendly. At the end of the day, those girls you see in hijab are just the same as any other Thai girl when they're at home, mooching around in Mickey Mouse shorts and Doraemon tee shirts, wasting the hours away on FB, doing Taylor Swift karaoke.

I think a lot of the negative feelings may stem from fear, mistrust, that they may feel coming from outsiders. I don't know, I just find that when I'm friendly with them, they're so happy, and they've a wicked sense of humour, ladies too.