Domestic violenece ..again. Guy needs help

laolover88

I can't really get my head around this one, probably because he is my good friend. Married for 10 years with kids.

His wife, having a more than usual hissy fit about nothing much , threw a 300 gram padlock at his face and then called the police. Not sure why she did this. Lots of blood. Huge lesions on forehead. He called me. Police and Tourist Police arrived.

Police wanted him in hospital. He said No as wife would be alone with children in the house

Everything appears calmed down. No apparent need for urgent medical attention.

Wife then takes his brief case and puts it in the car. He does not see as blood still pouring from his face. All house/passports /childrens' documents/spare keys.

She drives off. Police don' t try to stop her.

So he has no car and no bike. Wife disappeared. Not answered phone for a week. He lives in Nong Khai area. Wife, he thinks, probably in Roi Et where family come from. He says "What to do?" I need a passport to get on a plane to BKK.. I cannot go on a bus and leave the children for 2 days, though I could take them with me..

The tourist police helpful; Must make a formal complaint of theft and assault. etc. But do you think they can find her and do anything?

People never cease to amaze me!

Advice anyone?

His Thai d/l should be OK for internal flights.

But he needs to report the theft of his car and passport.

The police report will enable him to get a replacement passport.

If he can't be bothered to file a complaint, why would the police have any interest in finding her?

Without him making the report, he can easily become the evil man in the future.

Edited by BritManToo

This happens all too often sadly.. I feel sorry for your mate.

Had a friend in Pattaya and his wife would inflict wounds on herself and then call the cops.. you can guess the outcome.

Wouldn't doubt if some of the 'helpers' where in on the take.. they appeared way too fast too many times.

As said he needs to report the thefts and the assault.

A police report will be required before he can get a replacement passport or an emergency travel document.

There is usually MUCH more to these tales than is reported.

Did this guy actually have a car and a bike ? Did the lady drive both away at the same time ?