Swiss man dead as family outing ends in pick-up tragedy in Udon Thani

webfact

Swiss man dead as family outing ends in pick-up tragedy in Udon Thani

swiss.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- A Swiss man was among two dead as a pick-up overturned and rolled throwing out a dozen family members on the Udon - Nong Khai road Thursday night.

The driver is facing charges of negligent driving causing death and police suspect alcohol, Thairath reports.

The tragedy happened as the Nissan pick up returning from a trip to "Pattaya 3" hit a barrier and rolled. In the back were family and friends of Mario Paravicini,51, from Switzerland who was found dead at the scene along with Ditnon Sae-Ngow,29, from Pathum Thani.

Mr Paravicini's wife Wandee Chaichiangpin, 40 was injured along with ten others who were thrown out of the vehicle as it failed to negotiate a bend at high speed in the Kham Bong district. Three of the injured were aged five, six and eleven with the others being adults.

All were sent to a local hospital.

The driver Pisanu Khongman, 27, was arrested and charged with negligent driving causing death. Police said he was drunk after the family outing as they all returned home to Udon.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-15

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Young drunk driver,no seat belts,totally over loaded,dark and speeding = death waiting to happen.pick ups handle like a shopping trolley at the best of times and I bet the tyres were underi-inflated with all that weight.i hate it when I have to take the family out and would never do this sort of thing.total stupidity and a waste of life.

When I drive the pickup which belongs to my wife ( with my money ), it's forbiden - I'm the driver - to go in the back and also forbidden to be more than 7 people inside it;

On the paper of the full Insurance of the pickup it's written 7 in big like that 7 people ; I cannot understand how we can be 7 in a pickup; there are only 2 seats in the front and there is not enough place for 5 people behind but they wrote 7 ..another strange particularity of Thailand ....

And as I never drink alcool and I don't smoke I think I put all the chances in my side to stay on the road .

RIP to those who lost their life .

Swiss / Italian , Mario, as an expat

you would assume he had some common sense,

would have know the dangers, been aware of

limits in driving skills of thai drivers,

and yet chose to risk his life,

Stupid, is just not harsh enough word,

sad , dumb, and more waste ,yet again

R.I.P

When I drive the pickup which belongs to my wife ( with my money ), it's forbiden - I'm the driver - to go in the back and also forbidden to be more than 7 people inside it;

On the paper of the full Insurance of the pickup it's written 7 in big like that 7 people ; I cannot understand how we can be 7 in a pickup; there are only 2 seats in the front and there is not enough place for 5 people behind but they wrote 7 ..another strange particularity of Thailand ....

And as I never drink alcool and I don't smoke I think I put all the chances in my side to stay on the road .

RIP to those who lost their life .

You forget your "Thainess". They are counting all the kids being held on laps, without proper restraints of course.

Swiss / Italian , Mario, as an expat

you would assume he had some common sense,

would have know the dangers, been aware of

limits in driving skills of thai drivers,

and yet chose to risk his life,

Stupid, is just not harsh enough word,

sad , dumb, and more waste ,yet again

R.I.P

Yes, so stupid and dump. Sitting in a car driven by a citizen of this country where everyone is so stupid. How can he be so foolish and not just stay at home all the day and never get in contact with these idiot folkd in which country we are living....

Spare everyone your bullshit opinion and just let him and his family R.I.P....

Strangely enough , many foreigners living here do not think about the dangers in the traffic , maybe they are not drivers themselves and are used to trust the driving skills of others. But if the driver was drunk , the Swiss man should have seen it coming. Maybe they all were drunk after a night out , unfortunately he left his brain behind.

where is pattaya 3 and would you take children there in the night?

if it anywhere near the ordinary pattaya, its a hell of a long way to sit in the back of a truck with so many people

Pattaya 3 is at about 2 kilometers of Ban_Nong_Luang

it's on road 2021 which begins on road 22 , 10 km before arriving at Sawang Daen Din, coming from Udon Thani .

road 2021 direction Song Dao ;

You can go there with children without problems ..Don't be afraid by the name tongue.png ;

it's along a big lake which doesn't exist on Google map clap2.gif

Edited by Assurancetourix

Young drunk driver,no seat belts,totally over loaded,dark and speeding = death waiting to happen.pick ups handle like a shopping trolley at the best of times and I bet the tyres were underi-inflated with all that weight.i hate it when I have to take the family out and would never do this sort of thing.total stupidity and a waste of life

After numerous white knuckle rides in public minibuses and longer distance taxis, and even tuktuks driven like maniacs by (mostly) young drivers, you would not get me in a pick up driven by a young Thai 27 year old when sober, let alone when drunk!

Edited by SunsetT

These incidents deeply sadden me. As I write these words, my wife and her family have gone to the beach, after an all night drinking session, and I know damn well, there was more drinking at the beach. I refuse to go along, and contribute to these events, much to my wife's dissatisfaction. The worse of it, they take young children along. I really hate Song Kran.

Another waste of lives due to some idiot driving drunk and the other Idiots in the truck for both allowing him to drive drunk and getting in the vehicle of a drunk driver.

Agreed, but I suspect refusing to ride with the already drunk 27yo Thai man or suggesting someone else should drive is about as dangerous as getting on the truck with him. Catch 22 situation. RIP and very very tragic indeed.

These incidents deeply sadden me. As I write these words, my wife and her family have gone to the beach, after an all night drinking session, and I know damn well, there was more drinking at the beach. I refuse to go along, and contribute to these events, much to my wife's dissatisfaction. The worse of it, they take young children along. I really hate Song Kran.

you are with the wrong woman

where is pattaya 3 and would you take children there in the night?

if it anywhere near the ordinary pattaya, its a hell of a long way to sit in the back of a truck with so many people

Pattaya 3 is at about 2 kilometers of Ban_Nong_Luang

it's on road 2021 which begins on road 22 , 10 km before arriving at Sawang Daen Din, coming from Udon Thani .

road 2021 direction Song Dao ;

You can go there with children without problems ..Don't be afraid by the name tongue.png ;

it's along a big lake which doesn't exist on Google map clap2.gif

Nice 1 ! You are spot on, it is there indeed and not that far from Udon at all.