90 Day Report Due

At immigration Suvarnabhumi they don't care about 90 day report.

I can not remember reading here that the missed report has ever been noted/penalized after re-entry.

As usual day 1 of the next 90 day report starts on your date of re-entry.

• Like 1

• You should report, but if you don't you will have no problem exiting or re-entering.

The 90 days will reset to day 1 on the day you return.

It is possible that you will be fined for not reporting when you do your next report, although, IMO it is highly unlikely.

• Like 1

I was in a similar position. My report was due on 7 April and my flight out was on 13 April. I went to CW on 1 April to get a Re-entry permit and planned to do my report then. However it took 3 hours for the Re-entry permit and I had 150 people ahead of me in the queue for 90 day reporting, so I gave up. I tried to report online and it was too late for a postal report. I'll submit a new report, by post as I normally do, 90 days after I get back. I don't expect to get fined!

• Like 1

I was under the impression that you could report 14 days early and up to 7 days late. You are leaving within the 7 days late period so see no problem.

That's the period doing which you can do the report, it does not extend the time you can remain in the Kingdom without bothering to do a report.

If you've been in country for 90 uninterrupted days, you're obliged to report.

It shouldn't be a problem leaving or re-entering the country, but when you next have to visit your local immigrations office it could be noticed.

I was under the impression that you could report 14 days early and up to 7 days late. You are leaving within the 7 days late period so see no problem.

I agree.

• The clock stops the day you leave the country, so although a report is missed I can't see how immigration could fine, based on the current rules, anyone that leaves within 7 days of the report date.
  • I do, however, believe they could fine someone retrospectively that left, on or after day 97, without reporting .
  • Like 1

I agree.

• The clock stops the day you leave the country, so although a report is missed I can't see how immigration could fine, based on the current rules, anyone that leaves within 7 days of the report date.
  • I do, however, believe they could fine someone retrospectively that left, on or after day 97, without reporting .

From the immigration website: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

"4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires."

I see no mention of leaving the country being a notification of staying longer than 90 days.

I agree.

From the immigration website: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

"4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires."

I see no mention of leaving the country being a notification of staying longer than 90 days.

The fact that there would be a missed report is not in question. The question is whether or not immigration have the power to retrospectively fine someone that left within 7 days of a report being due.

If someone leaves on day 80 the clock stops and no report is due. If they leave on day 92 the clock stops and a report is due. However, the rules only allow for someone to be fined if they are reporting on day 97+. As someone leaving on day 92 doesn't ever reach day 97+ I cannot see how they can be fined.

I agree.

The fact that there would be a missed report is not in question. The question is whether or not immigration have the power to retrospectively fine someone that left within 7 days of a report being due.

If someone leaves on day 80 the clock stops and no report is due. If they leave on day 92 the clock stops and a report is due. However, the rules only allow for someone to be fined if they are reporting on day 97+. As someone leaving on day 92 doesn't ever reach day 97+ I cannot see how they can be fined.

My interpretation is that, once you are in Thailand on day 91, a report must be made. If you leave on day 92 and return on day 94, you can still make the required report within the 7-day grace period. I appreciate that you think leaving the country negates the need for the missed report. However, I do not agree. You can be fined for a missed report the next time you attend the immigration office. In practice, they will probably neither notice nor fine you.

• Like 1