Is it possible to find true love in Pattaya?

Yes I found my wife in a wonderful street called soi 6 Pattaya, now , I do not want to get ahead of you but for some reason nearly every girl said I was handsome, something I used to think as well.

Anyway, I met Nok who worked a massage place there, but I was the only customer she ever ' played with the ding a ling ' with.

Everybody else just gets normal massage.....5 years later me , her and her little brother are still happy......

So yes...true love if you are lucky enough to meet the one in a million

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't find true love, you find a partner. Then you build a lasting love together. Lots of women in Pattaya, no problem there. The likelihood of lasting a lifetime grow slimmer though if you are different in socio-economic status, culture, education, and age. Lots of the relationships in Pattaya have wide chasms for each of these to overcome. Not impossible, but tremendously challenging I would imagine.

The chances of love lasting a life time?

Don't think that happens anywhere these days. Unless one of you has a m/c accident.

Anyway, all the foreigners I meet in Thailand are the same socioeconomic status as their bar girls.

A plumber from Bolton and a farm girl from Issan, not much difference.

Don't think I've met any western expat with a degree.

You say you never met an expat with a degree ? Try Googling "Internations Bangkok " an upscale Expats club in Bangkok ,just about everyone there has a degree both Thai and foreigner .Or instead of lo-so bars nite clubs try some of the upscale Hi-so clubs in Bangkok such as Sirocco . You can't wear shorts, flip flops or sandals to these clubs.

DRESS CODE & POLICIES

Based on the invaluable feedback of our guests, The Dome at lebua adheres to specific policies. Our standards are designed to ensure that all guests of our restaurants and bars are afforded the pleasant atmosphere they have come to expect, and to ensure their privacy, comfort and safety.

Smart Casual Dress Code: We do not permit athletic or sports uniforms, torn clothing, slippers, beach sandals and flip-flops. Gentlemen must avoid any sleeveless clothing, shorts, and open shoes. Please note that our smart casual dress code applies to children

Edited by Tony125

I'm sure true love can be found in even the most unlikely places.

I'm not sure this thread is going anywhere useful though.

If you are looking in bars and nightclubs, the odds are staggeringly against you. Like hoping for 11 straight passes at the craps table.

On the other hand, if you look in shops, hospitals (think nurses) and other businesses there are some really wonderful women out there. I found one three years ago. I am a lot older than she, but it has made no difference. It's not a money thing. She works, and we share expenses although most are mine since my income is greater. It's a very good life if you find the right sort of lady. Good luck.

why any man would want to find true love? the only thing better in the world than being single is watching your kids grow up. for that you need to find someone you can tolerate, even that is difficult which is why the western birth rate has fallen so low we are destroying our countries by letting in foreigners not interested in our western way of life in an effort to prop up the population.

Update.

A recent survey shows that most of the guys who sit on the pavement/sidewalk drinking outside 7/11 don't have a degree.

That's because the guys with degrees know that the 7/11 is overpriced and doesn't provide free ice, glasses and sometimes snacks. The mom and pop store rule!

Edited by BritManToo

Update.

A recent survey shows that most of the guys who sit on the pavement/sidewalk drinking outside 7/11 don't have a degree.

That's because the guys with degrees know that the 7/11 is overpriced and doesn't provide free ice, glasses and sometimes snacks. The mom and pop store rule!

I thought you didn't know any guys with degrees?

Update.

Do I know myself?

Update.

Do I know myself?

You don't seem especially self-aware, no.

What is true love ?

Something you won't find in Pattaya, pat pong, or soi cowboy !!! Desperate old men go to Essan and buy a 15 year old. Pretty disgusting !!!!!bah.gif

Funnily enough, I didn't consider my action as desperate.

Or disgusting for that matter.

You don't find true love, you find a partner. Then you build a lasting love together. Lots of women in Pattaya, no problem there. The likelihood of lasting a lifetime grow slimmer though if you are different in socio-economic status, culture, education, and age. Lots of the relationships in Pattaya have wide chasms for each of these to overcome. Not impossible, but tremendously challenging I would imagine.

Don't think that happens anywhere these days. Unless one of you has a m/c accident.

Anyway, all the foreigners I meet in Thailand are the same socioeconomic status as their bar girls.

I have a degree. So do most of the expats I know.

After all my years spent on earth I think I have a degree to. I must apply for the diploma one of these days before I expire. At present degrees are driving me crazy I think the thermometer is lying by a couple degrees. Your welcome to take my comments to any degree you wish. We all agree to disagree to some extent thats the degree of human nature. Are we agreed?

After all my years spent on earth I think I have a degree to. I must apply for the diploma one of these days before I expire. At present degrees are driving me crazy I think the thermometer is lying by a couple degrees. Your welcome to take my comments to any degree you wish. We all agree to disagree to some extent thats the degree of human nature. Are we agreed?

I have a degree and it has been useless.

I know central Patterz shouldn't be a yardstick for relationships between Thai and "Farang", but what I see are mostly old men with young women.

Please don't tell me it's true love because when I look at Thai couples most are of similar age.

So you are not happy a older man go's with a young thai lady what is wrong with that if he is happy and she is happy I think it is great you will get old one day , at less the older man has got to the older age you have to get their and so do I .

About love in thailand, you have no hop with a bar mole it will not work out but if you can find a good that lady , not from the bars you have some hop .

It takes time to get to know someone it is not love at first sight, you work on it together and hop it works out in the long run .

Update.

Do I know myself?

You don't seem especially self-aware, no.

being self aware is to be avoided,it's usually a big disappointment.

Intelligence in a partner is something to be valued, not feared - unless you're afraid your own intellect leaves you at a disadvantage.

"...you're afraid your own intellect leaves you at a disadvantage. "

Or if in you're in over your head and your "intellect" is unable to detect who's the cat and who's the mouse in the equation.

As to the original question, I wonder how many of those couples the O/P sees about in Pattaya are seeking true love. On either side, they may be seeking companionship, security, an ego boost, material gain, sex, comfort, belonging etc. How many people anywhere in the world find true, enduring, unquestionable love? It would seem obvious that those who come searching for whatever it is they want in Thailand, have failed to find it in the US, Australia, Europe or elsewhere. If they find something here that makes them happy for awhile, so be it.

One wonders what the O/P himself is trying to find and why he's so intent on bursting other people's balloons. Teenage girls may be on the hunt for true love. If they think they've found it, they're often delusional. For the rest of us, we become more pragmatic once we learn that unicorns & faeries are hard to find and harder to catch. That's why people go to Disneyland ... or Pattaya.

Edited by Suradit69

As to the original question, I wonder how many of those couples the O/P sees about in Pattaya are seeking true love. On either side, they may be seeking companionship, security, an ego boost, material gain, sex, comfort, belonging etc.

You forgot children, it's very possible to have a child with a Pattaya bar girl, and while the bar girl may never love you, the child will. So you can find true love in Pattaya, only it's parent/child true love and not man/woman true love.

What is the difference between aids and true love? Aids is forever.

Don't listen to all the Bozos, Trash Talkers, Uptight Drones who post on TV. Live your life as you choose. Want True Love - go look for it. Bar Girl, Shop Girl - Nurse ... whatever. Go for it. Taking advice from most people on a public internet forum is like talking to a Ghost. Sure you can hear them - but are they Real ? Is what they say Real ? Or just so much Baloney to muddy the waters, Stir the Pot. Lots of people delight in providing useless information in the hope that someone will take it and act on it. Your Life on Your Terms. No other Way. You Ain't gonna Live Forever.

Any relationship that starts with a bar fine and then goes into monthly payments is what I call a rental agreement. True love will only be known if the payments are stopped and she stays.

So what do you call a relationship which starts with a million Baht wedding party, puts you into mortgage debt and misery until it ends with a legally imposed monthly alimony payment and loss of house?

I prefer True Love Pattaya Style.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I call it a mistake !

Nothing wrong with rentals as long as you understand and accept the terms.

The problem with many of these relationships is that the love is one sided.

Firstly, many people have family ties in Pattaya that go back to way before you and I were born, i.e. pre-NAM. Nice people I say, and yes, some have relationships with Westerners, although the bar-scene people are usually not their, or their families', scene.

My missus is Thai, a graduate, works, and I am happy that she has the capability to keep a demanding job and grow her career.

Then, could anyone explain to me the difference between a "Western" and a "Patts" type of relationship if there is one source of money, be it the job of one of the spouses or retirement funds.

Thirdly, a European lady explained to me, many years ago, that in her opinion the difference between prostitution and marriage is - nil -

She never married and preferred a job rather than a husband. Any opinions on that rather unusual point of view?

Is she correct ?

I have a degree and it has been useless.

I have a degree in political science (not that it matters)

Trumpology is not an exact science, but I feel I have become a better person. I have learned much from him, through the process of osmosis. It is clear that America will be great again.

There are different kinds of love, romantic love in Pattaya will be hard to find, on the other hand you might find somebody who loves you and is faithful because you are kind, support them and their family and ask little of them. It's still love just a different type of love. Relationships are complicated, as long as you see them for what they are you will be alright. Most of the people we represent are often disappointed because they expect romantic emotional love when really they are involved in something more practical, based more on money and material support than feelings.

i don't think you can FIND true love

Love has to be built up if you want to lasten it for years

To start with choose a "normal" female but really interested in you

If choosing a top model you might have to give more than you can,

she will be disappointed and eventually leave

Try hard to love her

hopefully she will reply favorably

but never count on this

Most people separate after short time

and all investments are gone (i don't talk about money)