Is it possible to find true love in Pattaya?

Is True Love then is just an age thing? Then why is it then that we have 50% Divorce Rates when most people get married near there own ages? Probably another 25% wish they were Divorced but due to other commitments like family, or finances, they can't afford that.

Personally I think anyone who goes down that street anywhere, looking for True Love, will find himself lost. It exists between a Man and His Son, or Daughter, or even his Dog, but not with a Woman. At least not for any great length in time. It seems Love with a woman is only meant to last long enough to have those couple of kids together, that you end up paying for all by yourself later.

Now good companionship is a different thing all together. Good Friends can last a life time. Even Divorced Couples can become friends later. But Love, and Romance? Forget It! That happens in Movies and Books only!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Donald Trump has found true love three times. All good. Just because someone is rich

old and successful does not mean there are not young beautiful women who do not fall in

love with them. Some women are attracted to intelligence, success (both intellectually and

financially) power. Some men like fat women some women like fat men. There are all kinds

of people and many different attractions. Wealthy men can make a great "nest".

Are some women "gold diggers" absolutely, are some men "butterfly's" stringing women

along, absolutely. Can happiness/true love be found, absolutely.

BTW I am a single guy never having been married with no plans to get married. Of course

things could change but at this time I doubt it. I see many happy Farang/Thai couples and

wish them all the best.

If you want examples from the western world, of course there is Trump, but check out the

significant others of Alan Greenspan and Salman Rushdie. Also check out Salma Hayek's

husband. She is a beautiful, successful actress, he a successful French billionaire.

Love is indeed a bit of a mystery. wink.png

You don't find true love, you find a partner. Then you build a lasting love together. Lots of women in Pattaya, no problem there. The likelihood of lasting a lifetime grow slimmer though if you are different in socio-economic status, culture, education, and age. Lots of the relationships in Pattaya have wide chasms for each of these to overcome. Not impossible, but tremendously challenging I would imagine.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

There you are Tawan77. George and Tammy.

Their marriage lasted 6 years, they divorced in 1975.

The situation where a bargirl gets money from a falang and then turns it over to her layabout Thai boyfriend may be true love, although the thinking behind it baffles me.

Personally, I think Thai women are the ultimate pragmatists. They will tell a falang they love him forever if they think that's what he wants to hear. Although I think the feelings get deeper if the falang proves themself as a good provider, and not a butterfly. True love? Unlikely.

I'm sure true love can be found in even the most unlikely places.

I'm not sure this thread is going anywhere useful though.

If you are looking in bars and nightclubs, the odds are staggeringly against you. Like hoping for 11 straight passes at the craps table.

On the other hand, if you look in shops, hospitals (think nurses) and other businesses there are some really wonderful women out there. I found one three years ago. I am a lot older than she, but it has made no difference. It's not a money thing. She works, and we share expenses although most are mine since my income is greater. It's a very good life if you find the right sort of lady. Good luck.

The hottest girls do tend to end up in places like pattaya though.

She works and you share expenses? Near impossible to find a decent paying job in some parts of thailand, so its likely you are talking about an urban area she works in and lives in, that on a day to day basis would be at least twice as expensive as some rural cul-de-sac

As you said, your income is a lot greater than hers, the fact that she works doesnt really mean anything, especially if most of that income is eaten up by her having to live near work

"If you are looking in bars and nightclubs, the odds are staggeringly against you" - How would you know that if you have never tried?

Why do you assume it would make a difference between whether she is a bargirl, or a nurse or works in a shop or other businesses you mentioned?

What is the difference?

Guys say stuff like that, it always just ends up sounding like sour grapes, or they are threatened because there may be too much competition with the hotter ones

Absolutely untrue. If you really believe this, then you have no idea what Thailand is about. The most desperate girls end up in Pattaya.

I don't really know what Thailand is all about, but the shockingly cringeworthy statement did invoke a double Picard facepalm.

You don't find true love, you find a partner. Then you build a lasting love together. Lots of women in Pattaya, no problem there. The likelihood of lasting a lifetime grow slimmer though if you are different in socio-economic status, culture, education, and age. Lots of the relationships in Pattaya have wide chasms for each of these to overcome. Not impossible, but tremendously challenging I would imagine.

The chances of love lasting a life time?

Don't think that happens anywhere these days. Unless one of you has a m/c accident.

Anyway, all the foreigners I meet in Thailand are the same socioeconomic status as their bar girls.

A plumber from Bolton and a farm girl from Issan, not much difference.

Don't think I've met any western expat with a degree.

I guess you need to get out of the bars then. Been living and working in Thailand for just about 20 years, I have BA degree and work as an electrical engineer. I have many expat friends working in Rayong and Bangkok that have degrees, some with a Masters and a few with a PHD. Believe me there are allot of guys with degrees working in Thailand.

Don't think that happens anywhere these days. Unless one of you has a m/c accident.

Anyway, all the foreigners I meet in Thailand are the same socioeconomic status as their bar girls.

I guess you need to get out of the bars then. Been living and working in Thailand for just about 20 years, I have BA degree and work as an electrical engineer. I have many expat friends working in Rayong and Bangkok that have degrees, some with a Masters and a few with a PHD. Believe me there are allot of guys with degrees working in Thailand.

So how many of these expat friends do you have?

3...4?

Believe you, based on you knowing a handful of guys that there are a lot of guys with degrees working in Thailand?

Its Thailand man, pretty much any job theyd be earning double somewhere else

Absolutely untrue. If you really believe this, then you have no idea what Thailand is about. The most desperate girls end up in Pattaya.

Absolutely untrue? I have no idea what Thailand is about do I? Really

By all means, grace us all with your wisdom of what Thailand is all about then

The prettiest girls get the most attention from guys, places like pattaya they can earn the most money, fact of life.

Theres more hot ones per square kilometre in pattaya than anywhere else. Walk around the middle of Bangkok and my eyes dont pop out of my head as often as when Im in Pattaya, and Im not talking about lack of clothing, Im talking about head turning stunners

As for anywhere thats not Bangkok or the Tourist areas, Nowhereofanyconsequancechaburi, meh, whats to know?, temple here, rice field there, tesco, oh look another temple, market, rice field, temple

jeez you must go to some seriously upmarket bars Wilson

I am guessing he means a permanent buyout from the bar, rather than one of a few hours or over-night.

I thought Mudcrab's comment was sarcastic, as in any bar that only charges 15000 for a buyout must be a pretty scummy bar.

So how many of these expat friends do you have?

3...4?

Believe you, based on you knowing a handful of guys that there are a lot of guys with degrees working in Thailand?

Its Thailand man, pretty much any job theyd be earning double somewhere else

Again shows you dont know what you are talking about and you need to get out of Pattaya. Everyone thinks Tourism is everything in Thailand which it is not, it is important but it's only about 10% of the GDP. Manufacturing is the big thing. I know about 12-15 guys with degrees. Several make more in Thailand than they did back home, as their companies sent them to Thailand so the company pays for accommodations, car, driver, school etc plus extra pay for being overseas. I have 5 friends that are in Thailand like this. Back in the mid 90's I started working for a company in Thailand making about $500 less a month that what I did in the USA, but with the cheap cost of living I was way ahead.

The prettiest girls get the most attention from guys, places like pattaya they can earn the most money, fact of life.

Theres more hot ones per square kilometre in pattaya than anywhere else. Walk around the middle of Bangkok and my eyes dont pop out of my head as often as when Im in Pattaya, and Im not talking about lack of clothing, Im talking about head turning stunners

As for anywhere thats not Bangkok or the Tourist areas, Nowhereofanyconsequancechaburi, meh, whats to know?, temple here, rice field there, tesco, oh look another temple, market, rice field, temple

That's a really simplistic and juvenile explanation. To put it simply, most Thai girls become bargirls due to desperation, i.e., single mother, no education, no skills and no other means to make money. Occasionally, some are young and attractive, but most are not. You have Thailand mixed up with the Philippines, not the same. Do you really think all those "stunning" university girls are studying to prepare for Pattaya?

That's a really simplistic and juvenile explanation. To put it simply, most Thai girls become bargirls due to desperation, i.e., single mother, no education, no skills and no other means to make money. Occasionally, some are young and attractive, but most are not. You have Thailand mixed up with the Philippines, not the same. Do you really think all those "stunning" university girls are studying to prepare for Pattaya?

Some are, i went to a bar where 4 miserable looking girls had been to university and had found no job afterwards, someone has to payback the cost of studying,no good just sitting on a fortune

Soibiker.

Go back over your posts.Have you forgotten your question already.This makes me think that early Alzheimer's could be coming to a brain near you soon.

You asked me about if Thai girls could feel romantic love

I told you that you would have to make your own mind up about that.

Remember now????

Good Soibiker,lump of sugar,pat on head.

Soibiker.

Go back over your posts.Have you forgotten your question already.This makes me think that early Alzheimer's could be coming to a brain near you soon.

You asked me about if Thai girls could feel romantic love

I told you that you would have to make your own mind up about that.

Remember now????

Good Soibiker,lump of sugar,pat on head.

Maybe if you learned how to use the quote function, people would know what post you were referring to?

Of course Thai women feel love. Just maybe not for you.

Soibiker.

For someone who knows nothing about me,you seem to be able to assume so much.Is that all you can really come up with,the quote function? cheesy.gif You dont read your posts do you? i said i have been married for 4/5 years now.Read my post again and try to understand it

You say.'Of course women feel love,but maybe not for you(me)

Oh dear,you are rather a silly man.As i said in my post,that true love,as we know it is not in their culture.Did you not understand that.

From your posts,i would deduce that you are possibly an aging man with a rather bitter experience of 'amour'in your past.

Hence the name.Soibiker.From your answers i see,possibly some form of a hindered education.So i really dont take much offence when you try to wind me up.

I wasn't aware that such ridiculous elitist and superior attitudes still existed with regard to degrees nowadays.

Unless of course in you think a 2:2 in history of art or sociology is either useful or challenging.

I was under the impression that for the last twenty years or so, degrees have been a bit like smartphones: anyone who really wants one probably already has one without feeling the need to bore the pants off all and sundry by telling them all about it.

Exactly. A degree is no big deal these days. Why would it be surprising that a lot of expats have one?

Your correct use of apostrophes leads me to believe that you're not a thick plumber from Bolton [emoji3]

Exactly. A degree is no big deal these days. Why would it be surprising that a lot of expats have one?

get reel i don't have won and i'm intelyjent

Haha.

You come into this world alone and leave it alone.

Anything in between is just borrowed time.

so you were born under a gooseberry bush. I was one of the lucky ones. My mother was right there.

Den