B12 Injections

oxo1947

So Sheryl

when the pharma says you can take it intramuscular or intravenous , he would have the intravenous bit wrong wouldn't he ??

His English wasn't crash hot-----I haven't taken B12 injections for over 20 years, but they did really help me then...... but are they not just a subcutaneous injections ??? just can not remember........but I wont be sticking anything in a vein.

I was amazed at how cheap they were------4 baht a vial .

IV injection of B12 should be avoided.

B12 should be given by intramuscular injection although the subcutaneous route is often preferred by self injectors. Either technique is acceptable.

B12 intake can also be increased by careful attention to diet or by oral supplementation.

Just as a matter of interest how did you determine the need for B12 injections?

Thank you both for your imput----

johnatong...most of these reasons.......

Reasons for a B12 Shot

Vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms include depression and h homomood disorders, fatigue, memory failure, anemia, low blood pressure, and higcysteine levels. While the shot addresses B12 deficiency, it may also be prescribed to boost energy, as a therapy for depression, or to drive cognitive function. Researchers are also exploring its potential as a therapy for bipolar disorders, shaky leg syndrome, and autism.

Sorry if this is not directly related to the OP's question.

But I would like to try B12 injection and was wondering how to go about it in Thailand. Can I just pop in to any pharmacy and buy it? Would also need someone qualified to do it for me. So any advice on a clinic preferably in the Pattaya area would be nice to know about.

Thank you both for your imput----

johnatong...most of these reasons.......

Reasons for a B12 Shot

Vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms include depression and h homomood disorders, fatigue, memory failure, anemia, low blood pressure, and higcysteine levels. While the shot addresses B12 deficiency, it may also be prescribed to boost energy, as a therapy for depression, or to drive cognitive function. Researchers are also exploring its potential as a therapy for bipolar disorders, shaky leg syndrome, and autism.

I hate to point this out but that link is to a commercial "quack" website who's mission is to sell "stuff" to the gullible.

If you believe you have signs/symptoms of B12 deficiency you should seek medical advice.

But I would like to try B12 injection and was wondering how to go about it in Thailand. Can I just pop in to any pharmacy and buy it? Would also need someone qualified to do it for me. So any advice on a clinic preferably in the Pattaya area would be nice to know about.

You can, but really not a good idea.

Get your B12 levels tested to see if in fact you are deficient. If you are, sublingual tablets work fine even in people with decreased ability to absorb B12 .

I took sublingual B12 daily for a while as I am a vegetarian - stopped because my B12 levels went through the roof.

You can, but really not a good idea.

Get your B12 levels tested to see if in fact you are deficient. If you are, sublingual tablets work fine even in people with decreased ability to absorb B12 .

I took sublingual B12 daily for a while as I am a vegetarian - stopped because my B12 levels went through the roof.

Yeah all right fair enough. You made me google B12 overdose and seems like a bad idea without checking the levels first.

I do a range of tests every three months due to some other health condition so will ask my doctor to add on a B12 level test as well.

I was diagnosed with severe B-12 deficiency just over a year ago...

I have been on 1000 mcg daily since then - put on by a USA doctor...when told by a Thai endocrinologist she recommended a series of 8 weekly shots followed by monthly injections- shots very cheap here...

When returned to USA doctor refused to finish the series of 8 and said daily oral medication is all that is necessary and re-test in a year....

My father had pernicious anaemia and it is very possible that I will develop it. Can you buy the B12 viles over the counter? Needles? I have no probs administering myself if it comes to that. I will get tested first if I develop any symptoms. I do take sub lingual B12 occasionally.

Archived