SURVEY: Brexit, do you support it?

Scott

SURVEY: Brexit, do you support it?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the UK leaving the EU?

• Yes, I am a UK national and I support leaving the EU.
    • Yes, I support the UK leaving the EU, but I am not a UK national.
    • No, I am a UK national and I do not support leaving the EU.
    • No, I do not support the UK leaving the EU and I am not a UK national.

This poll is closed to new votes

Talking about Bloombergs not knowing their @rse from their elbow.

From yesterday.

The pound jumped to a new two-week high against the euro and reversed its drop against the dollar after the poll was published. It appreciated 0.7 percent to 77.70 pence per euro as of 12:35 p.m. London time. The U.K. currency rose 0.4 percent to $1.4527, reversing a drop of as much as 0.4 percent.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-18/u-k-campaign-to-stay-in-eu-posts-biggest-poll-lead-in-3-months

Utter garbage.

The £ spiked against the $ and euro at the end of April before falling away again.

https://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

Because probability of remain has increased significantly. See my posts above

It's those statistics again SgtRock. I know it's hard, but I think Bloomberg understands probability

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AfD give a fairly accurate description of why a Brexit would be very bad for the EU.

In the words of the party leader, Frauke Petry: A British exit from the EU would be fatal because the British are often the voice of reason ... and bring with them a healthy corrective to the madness of the expansion project. If Britain left, wed also lose a net contributor to the budget [and Germany] would have to shoulder the financial loss to the EU.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/18/brexeunt-stage-left-europeans-hoping-britain-votes-brexit

So much for us having no influence!

Note, that there is now a growing demand from many other European people to leave the shambles of the EU. It would seem that the Brits are just ahead of the curve.

https://www.facebook.com/UKIP/posts/1143492492339306

Who do I believe Bloomberg, Tusk, or a career politician such as Cameron? or do I trust a politician with conviction,who is consistently being proven correct, as events have unfolded throughout the years.

Don't tell me you're a UKIP fan as well?

The political label doesn't really matter when an individual's words resonate with a large percentage of the population.

That said, UKIP with 4m voters is a powerful block of votes to have for either camp.

Who do I believe Bloomberg, Tusk, or a career politician such as Cameron? or do I trust a politician with conviction,who is consistently being proven correct, as events have unfolded throughout the years.

I have voted conservative all my voting life, until the last election when I voted UKIP.

The AfD give a fairly accurate description of why a Brexit would be very bad for the EU.

In the words of the party leader, Frauke Petry: A British exit from the EU would be fatal because the British are often the voice of reason ... and bring with them a healthy corrective to the madness of the expansion project. If Britain left, wed also lose a net contributor to the budget [and Germany] would have to shoulder the financial loss to the EU.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/18/brexeunt-stage-left-europeans-hoping-britain-votes-brexit

Note, that there is now a growing demand from many other European people to leave the shambles of the EU. It would seem that the Brits are just ahead of the curve.

In troubled times, you will always see a rise of nationalism (and worse). This is not a time to split apart; it's a time to hold steady and defeat extremism

The political label doesn't really matter when an individual's words resonate with a large percentage of the population.

That said, UKIP with 4m voters is a powerful block of votes to have for either camp.

You're absolutely correct!

They still make me laugh though! What bunch of misfits! Have you heard any of them speak on a panel or suchlike?

I'd drink several pints with Nigel but I wouldn't lend him money ?

Edited by Grouse

In troubled times, you will always see a rise of nationalism (and worse). This is not a time to split apart; it's a time to hold steady and defeat extremism

////////--------/////////

Agree, when the country is in danger, nationalism comes to the forefront, such as in 1914 and 1945.

If the country votes Remain, then as a country we are finished.

Edited by nontabury

You're absolutely correct!

They still make me laugh though! What bunch of misfits! Have you heard any of them speak on a panel or suchlike?

I'd drink several pints with Nigel but I wouldn't lend him money [emoji4]

I think I can speak for many on TV. We would't even want to have a drink with you,be it a pint or a g+t.

There have been a number of posts claiming that the value of the pound (GBP) will drop, upon Brexit taking place.

This may or may not be true. Should it happen, I believe it will be a short term event. One thing I am fairly sure of,

though, is that GBP may well strengthen against EUR, and perhaps for the foreseeable future.

Nothing has been said about the effect that Brexit will have upon the strength of the Euro (EUR), perhaps because the

truth is rather unpalatable for the Europeans.

When a strong economy such as Britain's pulls out of the EU, and bearing in mind that it is also a net contributor to

the European Union in monetary terms, the Euro will take immediate, enormous strain, and will, almost by default,

have to drop in value to compensate. There is no "maybe" in this scenario, it will happen. Consequently, the EU is going

to struggle even more, financially, to put a lot of its "integration" and social programs into place, going forward; they are

costly. The recent migration surge will add to the difficulty. And, lastly, the coming (timing unknown) accession of a relatively

poor Turkey, and a few other rats and mice that are also waiting in the wings to join the EU, can in no way alleviate the burden

but will rather considerably exacerbate the problem.

Treasury spokesmen in the EU have been noticeably reticent on coming forward to talk about these effects on their

budgets. Similarly, although Ms Lagarde has stated that Brexit will be bad for Britain, she has made no mention of the

impending drop in Euro value, and what it will bring in its wake. Should the EU have to print more Euros to shore up its

finances following a British withdrawal, the currency will continue to fall.

The knock on effect from Brexit is certainly not going to be a one-way street!

Of course we are all aware that only one viewpoint means anything and global voices are sticking their nose in where it is not wanted.

Former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg says that a Brexit vote on 23 June could hit UK-EU trade and leave British-based "employees worse off".

Mr Bloomberg's name also appears on a letter, signed by a number of the major multinationals investing in the UK, warning of Brexit dangers.

This letter, which features firms such as Airbus, Microsoft, Cisco, Hitachi, Mars, and IBM warns that leaving the EU could "materially affect future investment decisions" by companies such as theirs.

It goes on to say that "if there is one thing we as investors don't like, it is economic uncertainty", and concludes that "as investors, it is therefore very much in our interest that Britain stays in the EU."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36327456

Airbus had this to say 3 days ago.

Airbus chief executive Fabrice Bregier has said he has "no intention" of pulling manufacturing out of the UK if the country votes to leave the European Union (EU).

Speaking to the BBC at the Paris Airshow, Mr Bregier said the aircraft manufacturer was committed to its 16,000 employees based in the UK.

He added Airbus had no plans to relocate its British factories.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-33146011

Who to believe. A former Mayor of New York or the Chief Executive of Airbus.

You are perfectly free to believe what you want. You obviously believe that "future investment decisions" and current manufacturing mean exactly the same thing.

Unfortunately it would take a leave vote to show they are both right.

From yesterday.

The pound jumped to a new two-week high against the euro and reversed its drop against the dollar after the poll was published. It appreciated 0.7 percent to 77.70 pence per euro as of 12:35 p.m. London time. The U.K. currency rose 0.4 percent to $1.4527, reversing a drop of as much as 0.4 percent.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-18/u-k-campaign-to-stay-in-eu-posts-biggest-poll-lead-in-3-months

Utter garbage.

The £ spiked against the $ and euro at the end of April before falling away again.

Are you trying to tell us that the GBP/USD did not rise from 1.44 to 1.463 following the Queens speech?

Of course we are all aware that only one viewpoint means anything and global voices are sticking their nose in where it is not wanted.

Former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg says that a Brexit vote on 23 June could hit UK-EU trade and leave British-based "employees worse off".

Mr Bloomberg's name also appears on a letter, signed by a number of the major multinationals investing in the UK, warning of Brexit dangers.

This letter, which features firms such as Airbus, Microsoft, Cisco, Hitachi, Mars, and IBM warns that leaving the EU could "materially affect future investment decisions" by companies such as theirs.

It goes on to say that "if there is one thing we as investors don't like, it is economic uncertainty", and concludes that "as investors, it is therefore very much in our interest that Britain stays in the EU."

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36327456

Airbus had this to say 3 days ago.

Airbus chief executive Fabrice Bregier has said he has "no intention" of pulling manufacturing out of the UK if the country votes to leave the European Union (EU).

Speaking to the BBC at the Paris Airshow, Mr Bregier said the aircraft manufacturer was committed to its 16,000 employees based in the UK.

He added Airbus had no plans to relocate its British factories.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-33146011

Who to believe. A former Mayor of New York or the Chief Executive of Airbus.

biggrin.png

From yesterday.

Utter garbage.

Are you trying to tell us that the GBP/USD did not rise from 1.44 to 1.463 following the Queens speech?

Stop trying to read my mind Sandy. You are failing miserably.

I am not telling you anything. Other than the Bloomberg headline is misleading. The £ was higher against the $ on May 04. That was before the Queens Speech.

I am saying that the small rises and dips are most likely nothing to do with the EU referendum, but are no more than the normal currency swings. A movement of 0.02 is hardly a jump.

There have been a number of posts claiming that the value of the pound (GBP) will drop, upon Brexit taking place.

This may or may not be true. Should it happen, I believe it will be a short term event. One thing I am fairly sure of,

though, is that GBP may well strengthen against EUR, and perhaps for the foreseeable future.

Nothing has been said about the effect that Brexit will have upon the strength of the Euro (EUR), perhaps because the

truth is rather unpalatable for the Europeans.

When a strong economy such as Britain's pulls out of the EU, and bearing in mind that it is also a net contributor to

the European Union in monetary terms, the Euro will take immediate, enormous strain, and will, almost by default,

have to drop in value to compensate. There is no "maybe" in this scenario, it will happen. Consequently, the EU is going

to struggle even more, financially, to put a lot of its "integration" and social programs into place, going forward; they are

costly. The recent migration surge will add to the difficulty. And, lastly, the coming (timing unknown) accession of a relatively

poor Turkey, and a few other rats and mice that are also waiting in the wings to join the EU, can in no way alleviate the burden

but will rather considerably exacerbate the problem.

Treasury spokesmen in the EU have been noticeably reticent on coming forward to talk about these effects on their

budgets. Similarly, although Ms Lagarde has stated that Brexit will be bad for Britain, she has made no mention of the

impending drop in Euro value, and what it will bring in its wake. Should the EU have to print more Euros to shore up its

finances following a British withdrawal, the currency will continue to fall.

The knock on effect from Brexit is certainly not going to be a one-way street!

Good point. (Sorry, still working my way through the posts!)

Oh dear!

Right enough.

How is it possible that so many people use the exact same terminology, including the exact same use of punctuation marks, and make the exact same rudimentary English mistakes in the same thread.

They must all have attended the same school with the same teacher.

Having followed this thread pretty closely, I'm still not sure how to vote.

I trust 'establishment' opinions about as far as I can throw them, and there seem to be zero facts - just opinions and interpretations of statistics.

The insults of those who think the UK should remain (only uneducated, stupid people would vote to leave) inclines me to vote to leave as it shows the mindset of those who wish to remain - and that's pretty damning...

On the other hand, much as I know the EU is corrupt, wasteful of taxpayers money etc. etc. - they have forced the UK to accept some good things that the Brit. govt. would never have accepted, until given no option.

Personally, I don't care about 'sovereignty', as the Brit. govt. has proven that it is only interested in wealthy interests e.g. the EU wanted to limit bankers' bonuses after the crash, but the Brit govt. said 'no'. Tells you pretty much all you need to know about the Brit. Govt....

So the question is (to me anyway), how to make the EU less wasteful/corrupt? Perhaps Brexit might achieve this - not because the UK is leaving, but because other countries are likely to follow suit. Perhaps this may finally lead to a better EU which is what I would prefer?

I trust 'establishment' opinions about as far as I can throw them, and there seem to be zero facts - just opinions and interpretations of statistics.

The insults of those who think the UK should remain (only uneducated, stupid people would vote to leave) inclines me to vote to leave as it shows the mindset of those who wish to remain - and that's pretty damning...

On the other hand, much as I know the EU is corrupt, wasteful of taxpayers money etc. etc. - they have forced the UK to accept some good things that the Brit. govt. would never have accepted, until given no option.

Personally, I don't care about 'sovereignty', as the Brit. govt. has proven that it is only interested in wealthy interests e.g. the EU wanted to limit bankers' bonuses after the crash, but the Brit govt. said 'no'. Tells you pretty much all you need to know about the Brit. Govt....

So the question is (to me anyway), how to make the EU less wasteful/corrupt? Perhaps Brexit might achieve this - not because the UK is leaving, but because other countries are likely to follow suit. Perhaps this may finally lead to a better EU which is what I would prefer?

But at least if you don't agree with the Government you have the option of voting with your feet every 5 years...we don't have that choice with the EU, we get who they decide which is not very democratic

To make it less wasteful/corrupt would be to make it more accountable for its actions and let the people decide who runs it

But at least if you don't agree with the Government you have the option of voting with your feet every 5 years...we don't have that choice with the EU, we get who they decide which is not very democratic

To make it less wasteful/corrupt would be to make it more accountable for its actions and let the people decide who runs it

True, but democracy hasn't done much to help most people in the UK IMO.

I've never understood why all voters (apart from the top 5%) didn't just refuse to vote - showing that they have no trust in the politicians. Only that might force the Brit. Govt. to start taking into consideration the rest of the population.

But I'm going off topic - so in short, I trust the Brit. Govt. even less than I trust the EU govt., who are obviously wasting tax payers' money - but at least they seem to have more consideration for ordinary people.

The present UK gov was not voted in by the people....The vast majority of UK folk did not vote Conservative..

I agree, but PR was thrown out.

Much as I hate to admit it, most voters don't engage their brains - which is why we've had a series of governments that only support the v rich. Unless, of course, the policy is so obviously 'wealthy orientated' that they're worried that it will affect votes...

And no, this doesn't mean that I'm agreeing with those stating 'only the uneducated, stupid people would vote for Brexit', as I think v few people think things through - educated and uneducated alike.