Defiant Watana insists on his innocence but agrees to report to NCPO on Monday

webfact

Defiant Watana insists on his innocence but agrees to report to NCPO on Monday

1704003-1-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai party’s core member Watana Muangsook has insisted that the military has no right to detain him for his free expressions but has vowed to turn himself in to the military on Monday.

In the latest message posted in his Facebook page today (Sunday), the defiant former Pheu Thai MP has dismissed the allegation made by the spokesman’s team of the National Council for Peace and Order that he broke the pledge that he earlier made in writing with the NCPO.

“I have to reply to the NCPO to prove that I am a politician elected by the people, although I do not have men and arms, I have honor and dignity not to tell lies for political benefit,” said Watana.

He claimed that he only once signed a pledge with the military and was later detained for attitude adjustment for three times and without making a pledge that he would not express his opinions. He then demanded the military to come up with hard evidence to prove that he broke his pledge with the NCPO and not just hollow accusation.

Nevertheless, Watana said he would report to the NCPO on Monday at about 11 am as appointed by the military but he insisted that he had done nothing wrong and had not broken his pledge with the military junta.

He said he had no intention whatsoever to talk with any members of the NCPO. He also insisted that the restriction of free expressions by the military junta was against Section 4 of the interim charter and against Section 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of the United Nations which was endorsed by Thailand.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/159796

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-18

ok just me, but I would want to see his bank accounts the accounts of his relatives and everyone else connected to him and if all looked ok I would be digging up his garden

Taking these people for a talking too is not really going to shut them up, uncover something illegal like unexplained wealth and .....................you end up with lips so tight you couldn't swipe a credit card in there, he obviously believes he is squeaky clean - they are just not looking hard enough in the right places

JMO

How can anyone take this nonsense seriously although the implications are indeed a worry.

This man is supposedly a thorn in the junta's side so he has been ' invited ' for AA on more than one occasion. In response to the latest invite he says ' after Songkran ' and it was accepted, so much for concern over him and his mouth.

Now if he had only been someone of a lesser status or a student he would have been arrested without any further delay.

ok just me, but I would want to see his bank accounts the accounts of his relatives and everyone else connected to him and if all looked ok I would be digging up his garden

Taking these people for a talking too is not really going to shut them up, uncover something illegal like unexplained wealth and .....................you end up with lips so tight you couldn't swipe a credit card in there, he obviously believes he is squeaky clean - they are just not looking hard enough in the right places

JMO

Ahhh smedly,

The post has absolutely nothing to do with him being accused of corruption, rather he has made a comment on his FB account regarding the draft constitution.

But ok you say look into his bank account his family's bank account and everyone connected with him, so if you think it is only fair, then why do you support a junta that declares him and his family's accounts and everyone connected with him are OFF LIMITS???

Being a leader of a country should not put you above the law, but O'l uncle Too thinks he is.

The Politician in question has publicly stated and challenged the junta to show hard evidence (signed documents) he has broken an agreement and not hollow accusation's.

So far NOTHING from the junta, wow now why would that be? maybe there is no evidence and they just want this bloke to shut up?

So much for claiming to be transparent huh,

Also the politician has the interim constitution is being broken by the junta as well as international human rights being ignored to which Thailand is a signatory.

You like to bang on and on about red thugs and how corrupt the red's are, so why not hold the military to the same candle? or you know as well as the rest of the country just what that will reveal?

Opinions are ilegal under the junta. The people are to be seen but not heard and must obey the ruler.

Opinions are not illegal..... its the telling of those opinions that is illegal.. let the sheeple have their own opinions and keep himself quiet... why does he (Watana) want to shove his opinions down the sheeples throats... They are quite capable of thinking their own thoughts... Just ask Mr Thaksin...

Opinions are ilegal under the junta. The people are to be seen but not heard and must obey the ruler.

Opinions are not illegal..... its the telling of those opinions that is illegal.. let the sheeple have their own opinions and keep himself quiet... why does he (Watana) want to shove his opinions down the sheeples throats... They are quite capable of thinking their own thoughts... Just ask Mr Thaksin...
... Said the man shoving his opinions down the sheeple's throats on a public internet forum. But of course that's different, I suppose.

Do you also get annoyed by people harping on about politics on Question Time or Q & A?

Edited by baboon

... Said the man shoving his opinions down the sheeple's throats on a public internet forum. But of course that's different, I suppose.

Do you also get annoyed by people harping on about politics on Question Time or Q & A?

He made an error, voicing an opinion isn't illegal, voicing an opinion critical of the current rulers is illegal. You are spot on, but in this case, he seems to think only his opinion matters, just as the current rulers.

And he also threw in a but Thaksin, you simply cannot make this stuff up...

JMO

Are you referring to Prayuth or Wattana? Your statement is unclear on this point and I think there is probably more evidence to point to the former than the latter.

JMO

Ahhh smedly,

The post has absolutely nothing to do with him being accused of corruption, rather he has made a comment on his FB account regarding the draft constitution.

But ok you say look into his bank account his family's bank account and everyone connected with him, so if you think it is only fair, then why do you support a junta that declares him and his family's accounts and everyone connected with him are OFF LIMITS???

Being a leader of a country should not put you above the law, but O'l uncle Too thinks he is.

The Politician in question has publicly stated and challenged the junta to show hard evidence (signed documents) he has broken an agreement and not hollow accusation's.

So far NOTHING from the junta, wow now why would that be? maybe there is no evidence and they just want this bloke to shut up?

Also the politician has the interim constitution is being broken by the junta as well as international human rights being ignored to which Thailand is a signatory.

You like to bang on and on about red thugs and how corrupt the red's are, so why not hold the military to the same candle? or you know as well as the rest of the country just what that will reveal?

Politicians have had many chances to make changes while in office - they failed over and over

They have been told to keep their divisive comments to themselves which quite frankly I agree with

Show me something constructive this man has done or contributed to Thailand in the last 20 years and I might change my mind, like I said, if the junta want to shut him up start looking at his finances

He thinks he deserves a soapbox - I don't

Not that I agree with everything the Junta is doing - far from it but I am still willing to let them try

JMO

Ahhh smedly,

Politicians have had many chances to make changes while in office - they failed over and over

They have been told to keep their divisive comments to themselves which quite frankly I agree with

Show me something constructive this man has done or contributed to Thailand in the last 20 years and I might change my mind, like I said, if the junta want to shut him up start looking at his finances

Not that I agree with everything the Junta is doing - far from it but I am still willing to let them try

There is a very big advantage to politicians over the current lot, they can be voted out of office ! As to contributing, this lot has contributed absolutely nothing for Thailand, quite the opposite, they have thrown the country back a few decades.

Nobody should be told to keep their comments to themselves, and in this case the man is right, the charter is not worth the paper it is written on, and will not re-introduce democracy to Thailand.

As for finances, one needs to only look at the PM and his asset declaration, there is no way a mere civil servant can amass that kind of wealth.

JMO

Ahhh smedly,

There is a very big advantage to politicians over the current lot, they can be voted out of office ! As to contributing, this lot has contributed absolutely nothing for Thailand, quite the opposite, they have thrown the country back a few decades.

Nobody should be told to keep their comments to themselves, and in this case the man is right, the charter is not worth the paper it is written on, and will not re-introduce democracy to Thailand.

As for finances, one needs to only look at the PM and his asset declaration, there is no way a mere civil servant can amass that kind of wealth.

In your opinion

JMO

Ahhh smedly,

Might I remind you this isn't even your country. What business is it of yours which Thai citizen gives his or her opinion on politics? If you don't want to listen to them, don't - it isn't exactly rocket science.

JMO

Ahhh smedly,

Might I remind you this isn't even your country. What business is it of yours which Thai citizen gives his or her opinion on politics? If you don't want to listen to them, don't - it isn't exactly rocket science.

Many posters have vested interests in Thailand such as family and business. So of course it is his/her business. How the country is run or should be run (according to some of influence) could ultimately have a direct impact on him/her.

JMO

Ahhh smedly,

what business is it of yours to tell me whether I can have an opinion about something

if you don't want to participate in this discussion on this forum then please feel free to go somewhere else, no objection from me

what business is it of yours to tell me whether I can have an opinion about something

if you don't want to participate in this discussion on this forum then please feel free to go somewhere else, no objection from me

Lol ! You are a hypocrite, a few posts up you remarked that politicians should keep their divisive comments to themselves, yet now you get annoyed when someone merely suggest you keep your opinions to yourself.

Lol ! You are a hypocrite, a few posts up you remarked that politicians should keep their divisive comments to themselves, yet now you get annoyed when someone merely suggest you keep your opinions to yourself.

I am not a public figure trying to influence people, if you don't know the difference then ......................lol

I am not a public figure trying to influence people, if you don't know the difference then ......................lol

You might not be a public figure, you ARE posting on a public forum. Maybe you should read the OP and then read the mentioned Universal declaration of human rights, nowhere does it claim public figures are exempted, regardless whether they are trying to influence people.

But we get it, some opinions are more worthy then others even when they don't make any sense, such as your remark about politicians keeping their opinions to themselves, you should be utterly ashamed.

You are on a public platform so essentially yes you are.

As for your other comments, it is none of my business to tell you whether you can have an opinion on something and voice it - it is just that I think you should extend that courtesy to others.

That is the difference between you and me: If I don't like what someone has to say I deal with it. Such is life. You seem to want them to be forcibly silenced, which I would not do to you even if I had the power to.

You might not be a public figure, you ARE posting on a public forum. Maybe you should read the OP and then read the mentioned Universal declaration of human rights, nowhere does it claim public figures are exempted, regardless whether they are trying to influence people.

But we get it, some opinions are more worthy then others even when they don't make any sense, such as your remark about politicians keeping their opinions to themselves, you should be utterly ashamed.

you are talking absolute nonsense, you do know what a public figure is, you are getting yourself confused which it seems isn't that difficult

you are talking absolute nonsense, you do know what a public figure is, you are getting yourself confused which it seems isn't that difficult

So public figures do not have the right to express themselves ? The nonsense does not come from me that much is certain. If I were you I would stop responding to this, because you are looking like an absolute fool...

JMO

Ahhh smedly,

Not if they are on the party list - as many of the more well known servants of PTP were. Maybe that's why they don't feel accountable. They are a little bit sheltered from the electorate accountability.

Why this guy suddenly feels the need to speak his mind, when he kept his gob firmly shut on topics like ramming an Amnesty bill through parliament for his boss's benefit or the rice scheme scandals is fairly obvious.

PTP never championed free speech or democracy and lied regularly. The military is not a democracy and no military ever can be.

What this guy says is correct but his reasons for saying it are questionable. Believing otherwise would be very naive.

The whole "after Songkran" reporting at leisure shows what a joke the whole set up is.

JMO

Ahhh smedly,

Not if they are on the party list - as many of the more well known servants of PTP were. Maybe that's why they don't feel accountable. They are a little bit sheltered from the electorate accountability.

Why this guy suddenly feels the need to speak his mind, when he kept his gob firmly shut on topics like ramming an Amnesty bill through parliament for his boss's benefit or the rice scheme scandals is fairly obvious.

PTP never championed free speech or democracy and lied regularly. The military is not a democracy and no military ever can be.

What this guy says is correct but his reasons for saying it are questionable. Believing otherwise would be very naive.

The whole "after Songkran" reporting at leisure shows what a joke the whole set up is.

Of course Mp's on the party list can be voted out of office, if the electorate does not vote for PT no party list MP's would be able to represent PT, democracy in action..

I don't see any need to shoot the messenger, whoever he is, his main points are worth mentioning over and over, lack of freedom of speech and an undemocratic draft constitution.

Funny how it's not the content but the person saying it gets the attention. Sour grapes...

I am curious to know what actually happens to someone who is invited for an "attitude

adjustment". From a friendly talk, to water boarding, how is the adjustment achieved. sad.png

You obviously did not read what I wrote. That is not an opinion it is a fact. F-A-C-T. But your non de plume says it all...