Thailand Post

cyber_cynic

I saw the recent thread about the contents of inbound mail disappearing.

How about outgoing mail?

I would like to mail a tennis racquet to Europe (France).

What are the chances of it reaching it's destination if I use registered mail?

It must be a seriously valuable racquet to go to this amount of trouble

Outgoing registered mail pretty reliable,

but agree with the other guys - use a courier.

Possibly cheaper and quicker. With the major companies you can track where the item is from door to door

I would not recomend DHL. Blind robbers mate. I sent two boxes to Australia. they were only about a total of 15 kgs max and not that big really.....it cost the party at the other end.....A$830 !!!! Yes thats right more than 800 bucks !! F--- me that is highway robbery !! They could have bought a return air ticket almost for that amount. DHL must have sent it in business class passsenger service I think !! A holes !

I would not recomend DHL. Blind robbers mate. I sent two boxes to Australia. they were only about a total of 15 kgs max and not that big really.....it cost the party at the other end.....A$830 !!!! Yes thats right more than 800 bucks !! F--- me that is highway robbery !! They could have bought a return air ticket almost for that amount. DHL must have sent it in business class passsenger service I think !! A holes !

Didn't you get a quote first Ned ?

15 keys Ned, what was the street value? :o

Shhhhhhhh.......you guys.......the feds will be knocking on my door soon ! :o

Actually I did'nt get a quote as thew contact in Australia just said send it with them as they deal with them all the time.......so buggered if I know !! Not my problem really, but I thought it was a tad steep !!