Chiangmai Water Park

LawrenceChee

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand Canyon is the place where all the drownings happen.

I predict trouble, dead Chinese, dead Koreans, dead children.

Maybe they should add a zip line, it would at least vary the cause of deaths.

As is to the best of my knowledge there is no supervision there now. A water park will bring in supervision.

My understanding is it is not a canyon just an old rock quarry.

We should give it credit ...it's or home

Our home?, I think not, you have the right to live in your home, and none of us have the right to live in Thailand.

It's a state of mind ...I live here in Chiangmai and consider this home and appreciate the local culture

If a home means legal title deeds , a passport and an ID card that can get you local prices then yes you are never home in any country except the one you have legal status in

Can't argue with that point don't think Thailand is any different from any other country

Every country has a legal limit where you can stay

I am happy to call this home by my definition

I lived in one country for thirty years. Another country for 34 years.

I have been here off and on for ten years pretty much solid for 5 years.

Call it what people want to me it is the only place I have ever felt like calling home.

For me a home is where my heart is. My heart does not need paper to feel.

I admit I am a guest.

However I feel like and have been shown nothing to disprove it that I am welcome forever.

I am not going to get into the what if's that is a silly game. I don't know any one who stands by their door in case Michal Anthony comes to the door with a tax free check for $1,000,000 That would be a positive and people prefer to play the if game in the negative.

Edit

Now that I think of it the negative thinkers give me more reasons to feel secure with their Thailand wants my money attitude.

Edited by northernjohn

Grand Canyon is a beautiful place though. At least it was the day I went.

Chiang%2BMai%2BTrip%2B2016%2B-%2B7.jpg

Chiang%2BMai%2BTrip%2B2016%2B-%2B10.jpg

Chiang%2BMai%2BTrip%2B2016%2B-%2B9.jpg

Interesting photos, but in view of the swimming ability in these parts, there could possibly be some safety lines, escape routes, life jackets.

Looks like one slip and you're gone!! It happens at waterfalls here often enough.

We took our 5 year old there on the 10th (?) and it was free for each 45 minute session (we had to pay 150 baht but that included the Panda House if we wanted to go there ((again)) and we drove our car in.)

It was well supervised with plenty of shade for the adults and some areas of the pool too.

The "fun park" pool is strictly for kids as it is all shallow with water sprays and a big overhead bucket which gives everyone a big splashing when it is full and tips over.

45 minutes is enough, and the numbers for each session are controlled.

Edited by Elfin

Grand Canyon is a beautiful place though. At least it was the day I went.

Chiang%2BMai%2BTrip%2B2016%2B-%2B7.jpg

Interesting photos, but in view of the swimming ability in these parts, there could possibly be some safety lines, escape routes, life jackets.

Looks like one slip and you're gone!! It happens at waterfalls here often enough.

Personally I find the lack of safety nets, railing and handholding very refreshing. I say let people be responsible for their own actions.

There is a Water park at Lampoon .( 25 - 30 km from central C.M. ) .Open about 4 years now .I have never been though .

It's called "The Sun." It has a few things going for it, but I won't return. I was there when it first opened, and maybe it was not completely finished. But there was water in the pools, and lots of guests and attendants all around, so I suspect it was as ready as it would ever be.

After an hour of foot contact with the bottom of the pools, our feet became really sore. The cement on the bottom of the pools was very rough and uneven, subjecting swimmers to lots of scrapes and rashes. Maybe they have corrected that issue in the meantime; I don't know.

It's located just a mile or two to the northeast of Lamphun. A Google search should help you get there.

There is a Water park at Lampoon .( 25 - 30 km from central C.M. ) .Open about 4 years now .I have never been though .

We stumbled upon it by accident while looking for an address........ This was about 2 years ago. All I can say is don't waste your time. We popped in for 15 minutes to take a peek. Everything is in a state of disrepair, broken, filthy, etc. It's a total failure economically; obviously.

Just saw MrBrad's video. 2 years ago it looked nothing like that. Most areas were closed off and water was drained out with broken concrete and pipes everywhere. Don't bother.....

Edited by elektrified

Grand Canyon is a beautiful place though. At least it was the day I went

Looks like a built in death trap!!!! What ever you do don't take the kids!!!! Do Thais know what a life guard is???? Still it makes a nice view sitting on the restaurant balcony for watching people drown for your entertainment!!!!

Edited by metisdead
Oversize and bold font reset to normal.

Unfortunately I agree with the UNsafety of GrandCanyon. The four bamboo rafts on two ropes going across the width of the "main" pool were the only "safety features" I saw. And there is no shallow end ! You step off what you can see and it just shelves: OK if you are a confident swimmer but you are on your own.