Will I have problems? - Flying out and back into BKK the same day

Hello!

I'm planning a visa (exempt) run ten days from now. I've purchased my ticket to Hong Kong and back the same day and will be flying through Suvarnabhumi airport.

My passport is new, but it has:

- a visa transfer stamp on the first page from when I replaced it.

- One visa exempt entry (the entering two days after I left last time)

- One extension of stay.

Also, do any of you know if the immigration officers are more relaxed in the priority immigration lane? I usually fly business class, and have never had to say more than a couple words going through the priority lane, but have been questioned in the regular lane.

Thanks!

Is the OP planning the maneuver to print out boarding passes in advance and then just transfer to the flight from HKG to BKK without entering/exiting through HKG immigration stamp in passport or not from the HKG officialdom?

Is the OP planning the maneuver to print out boarding passes in advance and then just transfer to the flight from HKG to BKK without entering/exiting through HKG immigration stamp in passport or not from the HKG officialdom?

I am planning to go to HKG, but I haven't decided whether or not to go directly to the Cathay Pacific Lounge via the transfer security area or exit completely, and go through screening again in Hong Kong.

I do know that HK doesn't stamp passports anymore so it shouldn't make a difference. I have about 2.5 hours between flights so... We'll see.

I am planning to go to HKG, but I haven't decided whether or not to go directly to the Cathay Pacific Lounge via the transfer security area or exit completely, and go through screening again in Hong Kong.

I do know that HK doesn't stamp passports anymore so it shouldn't make a difference. I have about 2.5 hours between flights so... We'll see.

I realize that HKG does not stamp but that doesn't necessarily mean that one is still not required to enter/exit anther country before returning to Thailand especially if the Thai IMM officer knows that to be the case regarding the Hong Kong non-stamp. Personally I wouldn't do the non-entry/exit routine but I am routinely advised on this forum that persons on here are much more clever than myself.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

In most of case, We can stay in Thailand up to 90 days for a year as visa exempt entry without warning at airport. (need border runs 2 times or more)

The period of extension of stay which paid in 1900B is non count

Thus,In most of case, we can stay in Thailand 180 days without warning at airport. (need border runs 2 times or more, depends on nationality)

so, you must check your one year record from 29 April 2015 to 29 April 2016

Edited by Phuket1234

Play safe.

Take old passport as well, in case of a misunderstanding. Also, better to have passport stamped in HK just to show proper expectations are followed.

When proceedures are followed legally, there shouldn't be any problems.

Have you got a multi re-entry?

I did it many times over the years to Vietnam and back the same day for a visa run.

However, best to carry both passports.

I recommend sliding your passports into a plastic bank book cover for protection as many airlines and Immigration Offices are now complaining about damaged/worn passports and two years ago an airline tried to prevent me from flying to a foreign country that enforced the passport damage/worn rule.

I actually got the US Embassy here to issue me a new passport 8 months early because of a worn cover.

If you have a history of visa exempt entries in the old passport it will be seen by the IO when you enter with the new passport. If you have been flagged for questioning I doubt going through the priority lane will make any difference.