On which date should I book the return flight ticket?

I plan to book the tickets for 1st of June to 28th of August but my concern if if I apply for Visa just 10 days before which is on 20th of May, my end date will be around 23rd to 25th I believe as I will get the Visa issued in 3 days.

How do I know what return date should I book as if I book it on 28th of Aug, wont embassy think i will be living more extra 5 days so they might reject the visa?

Please help me into this matter as I am a bit confused. I really want to stay for almost 85 days in Thailand.

The end date of the visa is not the latest date to stay but the latest day to enter (that's why it is labeled as ENTER BEFORE).

If you would get your visa on the 23rd of May you will have time to enter Thailand until 22nd of August.

BUT:

Your intended stay is 85 days?

What type of visa do you apply for?

Just asking because this is longer than the 60 days allowed with a tourist visa.

Edited by KhunBENQ

The end date of the visa is not the latest date to stay but the latest day to enter (that's why it is labeled as ENTER BEFORE).

If you would get your visa on the 23rd of May you will have time to enter Thailand until 22nd of August.

BUT:

Your intended stay is 85 days?

What type of visa do you apply for?

Just asking because this is longer than the 60 days allowed with a tourist visa.

Thanks for that. Now its a bit more clear. So if I enter Thailand on 1st June but I get Visa issued on 23rd of May, I can still stay till 28th August right? I mean to ask will they count the number of days I stay from the day i enter into thailand or the day I get the visa issued?

Yes i plan to take a SETV and then extend for another 30 days by paying 1900 THB. Will that be a problem when applying for visa?

So if I enter Thailand on 1st June

This is the only thing I can answer for sure:

You will get a stamp ADMITTED UNTIL 30 JUL 2016.

Extension of stay is possible.

But I don't want to speculate on the two(!) other questions:

Will the consulate expect to see an onward or return ticket within 60 days?

Will the airline expect to see that?

Leave these questions to others.

Where do you apply for visa?

Edited by KhunBENQ

I just checked my Passport and I see the following( I had visited Thailand last year for 2 weeks)

Date of issue - 28rd sept 2015 (I had appied for visa almost a month

Enter before - 27th Dec

I entered Thailand on 22nd Oct 2015

So what do you deduce from this?

I am applying from India

Edited by Thaidude

I just checked my Passport and I see the following( I had visited Thailand last year for 2 weeks)

Enter before - 27th Dec

I am applying from India

I deduce that you entered the country with a visa which was valid !

What do you deduce ?

Enter before - 27th Dec

I am applying from India

I deduce that you entered the country with a visa which was valid !

What do you deduce ?

I was quoting KhunBenq. He mentioned that I will get stamped only 60 days(Admitted until 30th July 2016) but my last Visa says almost 90 days

Enter before - 27th Dec

I am applying from India

Assuming it was a single entry tourist visa (SETV).

• You could have entered on any day on or before Dec 27.
  • On entry you would be granted a 60 day permit to stay.
  • If you entered on Oct 22 you would have been admitted until Dec 20.

If, on your next trip, you are arriving on June 1st with a new SETV, you will be granted a 60 day permit to stay and admitted until Jul 30th.

If you apply for a 30 day extension of stay it would cover you from Jul 31st to Aug 29th. So leaving on Aug 28th is fine.

A SETV is valid for use for 3 months from the date of issue so you can buy it any day between now and when you leave. e.g. A SETV issued on Apr 20th would be valid until July 19. Meaning you could enter Thailand any day on or before Jul 19 and receive a 60 day permit to stay.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

Enter before - 27th Dec

I am applying from India

If, on your next trip, you are arriving on June 1st with a new SETV, you will be granted a 60 day permit to stay and admitted until Jul 30th.

If you apply for a 30 day extension of stay it would cover you from Jul 31st to Aug 29th. So leaving on Aug 28th is fine.

A SETV is valid for use for 3 months from the date of issue so you can buy it any day between now and when you leave. e.g. A SETV issued on Apr 20th would be valid until July 19. Meaning you could enter Thailand any day on or before Jul 19 and receive a 60 day permit to stay.

I see, so do you think embassy wont have any problem if I book the return ticket on the 85th day? (Considering I will apply for extension)

Enter before - 27th Dec

I am applying from India

I see, so do you think embassy wont have any problem if I book the return ticket on the 85th day? (Considering I will apply for extension)

You will need to ask the Embassy that you're applying at. There is no reason why they couldn't, but each Embassy/Consulate has their own rules/policy.

p.s It would be 89 days if arriving on Jun 1st and leaving on Aug 28th.

Edited by elviajero

I have never shown an airline ticket when applying for a visa to any country, Thailand included.

Usually the application forms will ask for "dates of travel" or "estimated dates of travel".

Get the airline tickets to match the visa, not the other way around.

I have never shown an airline ticket when applying for a visa to any country, Thailand included.

Usually the application forms will ask for "dates of travel" or "estimated dates of travel".

That;s because your country doesn't ask for it. Here in India we have to show the Travel tickets for Visa. Its mandatory

That;s because your country doesn't ask for it. Here in India we have to show the Travel tickets for Visa. Its mandatory

You should check with VFS Global, the The Thai Embassy or one of the Consulates to determine what exactly is required.

http://www.vfs-thailand.co.in/

Some Thai consulates ask for a copy of the plane ticket, for example all consulates in Switzerland. Of course, one could always enclose a written explanation why it can't be submitted, eg that one will buy the ticket only after being sure that one has the visa, and this should hopefully be acceptable.