Last car you owned before moving here

Tywais

1989 model Toyota Landcruiser Station Wagon, Diesel.

2&1/4 tons of solid metal, impossible to kill, bit sluggish with Mrs & 4 kids, but could wind it up to 120kms/hr & still get 23 mpg.

(l'm old school, brain still in transition changing imperial measurements to metric!)

Before that Ford Falcon Station Wagon, undoubtedly the best car l have ever had.

Before that 1965 Toyota Corona(bought new).

l tend to keep my cars a long time.smile.png

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMW 850 CSi the full v12 breathed on by M division beastie.. Same engine derivative ended up in the McLaren F1, higher state of tune of course.

Not bad for a 26 year old..

5019298999_b781269799_b.jpg

Edited by LivinLOS

post-183613-0-67266800-1462273764_thumb.post-183613-0-42948800-1462273765_thumb.

I loved my Cadi with a night vision camera in the front grill and the special Vogue tires. I used to pull up at a gas station to fill up, and there was always some young kid there who would ask me what that was in the front grill. I would tell them it was a 50 caliber machine gun and then watch them start stepping backwards. Paid $48,000 for that car and was only able to sell it for $5000 before I left. These photos were taken just before I left in 2010, so you can see that I really allowed myself to get screwed on that deal. That's the price you pay when you fall in love with a Thai woman while on vacation in the LOS and can't wait to retire and return.

BMW 850 CSi the full v12 breathed on by M division beastie.. Same engine derivative ended up in the McLaren F1, higher state of tune of course.

i had fun for two years with this 850 but after moving to Thailand:

post-35218-0-63287800-1462275463_thumb.j

attachicon.gifSteves XKR 2007 DSCN2014.jpg

Jaguar XKR convertible. Sold a couple of years ago with only 60k km on the clock, having owned it from new for 10 years. Goes like $hit off a hot shovel !!

Would like to say it was a babe trap. It had its moments, but it mostly attracted the attention of pre-pubescent youths and old men.

There is a successor here in Thailand...

Goodness me - have seen a few Jags but not the sporty ones. i thought long and hard over several years about importing mine but common sense got in the way. Family man in Isaan now with a 7-seater and roof box, so I can get even more of the extended family kids in it (Fortuner). I still hanker for a proper drive! Maybe when I'm older (damn'it just remembered I'm old already!)

Sold my whole stable when I moved to Thailand.

2002 Camaro SS LS1/6speed

1964 Dodge 440 - 426 Hemi/auto (last year for push button trans)

1961 Pontiac Catalina - 389/4speed

1940 Studebaker Champion Coupe - 454LS6/4speed

I have a tear............sad.png

He must be on a permanent 3-some or more to leave that lot behind!

Land rover vogue mk v6 LPG converted. The beast in fact still is couldn't bear to get rid so garaged it mate goes in once a week starts her and will take her for all services and MOT,s. Now they are not being made she will only go up in value. She is in pristine condition. I'm seriously considering bringing her over.

Left 2 great cars behind ....One of the last Monaros made. Mint condition with minimal K's on the clock.Went to get it roadworthied for sale and the guy doing the roadworthy rang his son about the car and he drove 1500 K's overnite down to his dads' place where the roadworthy was being done and bought it immediately. It'spost-249367-0-03571000-1462280036_thumb. now sitting up on blocks on some outback cattle station alongside another Holden collectable.

The second car was mine and not the wifes....A classic 2009 Ve SS Ute...Lowered, sitting on 20'' rims, Chevvy badged, 6 speed auto with a quick shift kit and a few mods to the great 6 litre donk under the bonnet. .....The guy who bought it was a tradie driving around in a bongo van ! I just hope he's still alive as this thing was beast !

post-249367-0-40601400-1462280219_thumb.

Ferrari 456 - completely useless! Needed charging overnight after only 2 days use, otherwise a flat battery. I also changed to a Citroen C5 Hdi with a bolt on hydrogen cell, which gives more power and extra 12 mpg, as well as no emissions from the exhaust except water vapour. My contribution to the Planet in order to combat Global warming ! Anyone want to join me? Cheap and easy to fit !!

Mark 1 Audi TT

attachicon.gifDSCF1755.JPG

Looks familiar.

I had the 180 HP and chipped it so it popped up to 200. It wasn't the fastest car I ever had but it was the most fun in corners. So much so, I never tired of running those narrow curvy roads of northern california. And the attention to detail in design was a source of pleasure for the years I had her. Classic silver, with black interior. 5 disc cd loaded in rear arm rest. Bose sound.

mercedesbenz-190class-1.jpg

Mercedes 190 Fabulous Car. Still have

What ! You brought that out here with you . I had a 190E up here in the north and traded it for a Toyota Vios , just as quick , more mph and ...ok not as pretty.

Hmmn. I'm struggling to believe a Vios would match a 109E for performance - unless it had the gutless 1.8l lump in it. These really were a great looking car for a 4 door saloon and also handled surprisingly well. The Cossie engined 2.3\2.5's were also pretty rapid down the road for their time. They look great in black like the one above but IMHO the earlier pre-facelift ones without all the plastic trim crap along the lower third looked far better. I had one before I had the SEC - lowered a couple of inches (after the photo was taken) with some very rare genuine Merc alloys and a full leather interior. I miss it nearly as much as the SEC...

post-226596-0-33448900-1462288767_thumb.

Edited by Shadychris

mercedesbenz-190class-1.jpg

Mercedes 190 Fabulous Car. Still have

What ! You brought that out here with you . I had a 190E up here in the north and traded it for a Toyota Vios , just as quick , more mph and ...ok not as pretty.

Hmmn. I'm struggling to believe a Vios would match a 109E for performance - unless it had the gutless 1.8l lump in it. These really were a great looking car for a 4 door saloon and also handled surprisingly well. The Cossie engined 2.3\2.5's were also pretty rapid down the road for their time. They look great in black like the one above but IMHO the earlier pre-facelift ones without all the plastic trim crap along the lower third looked far better. I had one before I had the SEC - lowered a couple of inches (after the photo was taken) with some very rare genuine Merc alloys and a full leather interior. I miss it nearly as much as the SEC...

Yes I did have the 190E with the 1.8 auto box. I only bought it as the car in England I last had was a C200 kompressor . Had to have another Benz.

Ya bunch of show-offs! 1982 Dodge raised-roof campervan. Still have. My town bedroom in North America. Drove to every Mexican state, and Latin America in her.

She's an old girl but I only put a few thousand miles on every year. Costs me about $1000/year in maintenance, insurance, and storage.

attachicon.gif850.JPG

I know.. I also remember being tempted when you were selling it..

The CSI needed 98 octane fuel.. Would be a pain here..

My HD need Hi-Octane due to high compression. Bottles of Octane booster available everywhere now - Big C, Tesco. Don't need much.

attachicon.gif850.JPG

no problem to get 98 octane in Pattaya, Shell station Sukhumvit.